Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Vacation time
before March 3rd conversion should we move these miles over to continental ourselves???

You know how things somehow get lost.....
Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots, PDFs, PDFs, PDFs.....
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
before March 3rd conversion should we move these miles over to continental ourselves???

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots, PDFs, PDFs, PDFs.....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post18100833
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
so with all the miles for the purchases and bonus I collected a little over 90K on this promotion. Very happy tonight , but I do feel for those who having issues at this time and can not have the same feeling as me. Yes this required alot of work and I did miss a few transactions, but at this point I am happy with my result.

Those who do not have this feeling keep fighting The number of e-mails I sent was so ridiculous and over the top.

I hope the small claims goes well Marathon Man you should be in a good spot to prove how bad their service is.
Yes, somehow this is strange as I am shorted many a mile and knew I would be and am the one starting the court thing.

From someone somewhere I will get the "well you were the only one/among very few who had this problem so maybe it was YOU!/You brought it on yourself and you are a scammer" set of comments. Could be a judge, a lawyer, some news person who may someday pick up on this stuff, or a Carterian, or even someone in here. But it will be said.

TO CO? Don't you mean FROM CO?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
TO CO? Don't you mean FROM CO?
Nope. CO backend is the one that is sticking around
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. CO backend is the one that is sticking around
<===== is having a blonde moment and is not even blonde.

So wait a sec....

I know I gotsta use my Co number... but it's all moving to THEIR site?

Dayum. I have a deficit at CO. Hoped it wouldnt move over. lol
Oh well. Long story but whatever.

geesh.

I mean... What's the website going to be for this now?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:30 pm

<===== is having a blonde moment and is not even blonde.

So wait a sec....

I know I gotsta use my Co number... but it's all moving to THEIR site?

Dayum. I have a deficit at CO. Hoped it wouldnt move over. lol
Oh well. Long story but whatever.

geesh.

I mean... What's the website going to be for this now?
See here for a preview of the "horror"

http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... What's the website going to be for this now?
The future of united.com
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Nada for me yet. I registered for 3/1000 and had a minimum of 6 qualifying activities.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See here for a preview of the "horror"

http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx
oh gawd.

This is horrid!

I gotta tell ya, I HATE the ALEX icon thingy lady chat person. Firstly, it is NOT a chat person. It's a FAQ sheet that stinks. If it were a live chat person that would be better but it's not. And she looks like someone from the Original planet of the Apes.

I hate the yellow. I have always disliked the CO site. Oh this will be waffle.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Got 12k miles.
According to my notes, I should've qualified for 13k miles.
Don't think I have the energy to complain about 1k miles...

Last edited by Vunder31; Feb 28, 2012 at 10:39 pm
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: All of em...
87,000 Miles just posted which puts me at around 90,000 miles earned in the promotion in total if you include the bonus miles through the UA Shopping Mall & the miles earned from my credit cards used.

I will be doing a full post on my website to break down the details, but in short I earned 90,000 miles for about 5 hours of work, $100 in cost (cashing out HD GC's, $1 dines, etc.) and pre-paying my shopping at Wal-Mart/Sam's for a year.

NOT BAD!!!

^^ to United for sticking this out to those of us who went above and beyond 25k early on in the promotion.

^^ Hopeful Thumbs Up to those who haven't received their due miles yet.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
87,000 Miles just posted which puts me at around 90,000 miles earned in the promotion in total if you include the bonus miles through the UA Shopping Mall & the miles earned from my credit cards used.

I will be doing a full post on my website to break down the details, but in short I earned 90,000 miles for about 5 hours of work, $100 in cost (cashing out HD GC's, $1 dines, etc.) and pre-paying my shopping at Wal-Mart/Sam's for a year.

NOT BAD!!!

^^ to United for sticking this out to those of us who went above and beyond 25k early on in the promotion.

^^ Hopeful Thumbs Up to those who haven't received their due miles yet.

good job mate!

I figure I'm at about 40-50+hrs work plus a few hundred $$ spent for maybe 35k miles total posted so far, out of the near 300k I should have seen by now that should have cost me 1/10th the hours to make happen.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:26 am
RETIRED ACCOUNT

Programs: *A
Received exactly 20,000 which is close to what I was expecting. Sub-$10 dines prior to T&C change did count (and I received credit for them, after a long, messy back-and-forth with UA), so if you do not get your miles for those transactions, FIGHT THEM!

Regardless of the outcome, this has been the most shockingly, ridiculously unprofessional experience I have had with a major corporation in a long time. I have been amazed time and time again with the level of complete ineptitude on behalf of UA (sorry, it's true, they allow Cartera to use the UA name and to market and operate promotions on UA's behalf, thus, they have a responsibility to customers) and Cartera. As I trudged through the process of forcing UA to comply with the promise it made to us as customers, I couldn't help but thinking that if I were to treat a client with even so much as a SHRED of the disrespect and dishonesty that I was shown in participating in this promotion, I would be fired on the spot.

Cheers to MM (good luck in court!), and everyone else who continues to fight the good fight.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:27 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm short 7k miles...

Based on what is posted to UA, I should have received 88K miles but got 81K. There is no way to determine which 14 transactions (we had the 2/1000) did not post.

I had 7 dines under $10, so that could be part of it, but others report those posting.

I'm pretty happy with the 81K but I will work on getting them to post the additional 7K.

Anita
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
the present united.com site looks good and easy for booking
never liked CO site
why they are changing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.