Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Ummmh, it was always 8-12 weeks from the end of the promo....
and remember... that's for things they already have in play. If you are like me, who still has miles that have yet to move from MP Shopping over to UA, or are someone whose miles just recently moved over, this may be an even longer wait.

Not sure what takes so long--I mean, given that everything is done with computers and all... And given that I have seen how you can have My Coke Rewards points and convert them to Priority Club points and the transaction takes place IMMEDIATELY, showing up on your PC acct within moments... but I think the airlines use very old systems and dont want to pay to upgrade.

But yah, I guess what all this means is that soon, people MAY start seeing something post in their UA accts.

What's gonna be real interesting are situations like this:

You have say, 32 transactions now but more come in later. You have the deal where you get 1k for every 3. So this means you would see 10k miles with 2 stragglers left over, right? But now, some other miles come in that Cartera had blundered on... say, 4 more transactions. So do they give you 2x 1k or do they forget the stragglers and only give you 1k based on 3 of the newly posted 4?

Oh it will happen. I am sure of it.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could be the same Pam. This things been going on long enough that she could have gotten married, changed her name, had kids, put them thru school, retired, had grand-kids,..... ok, I exaggerate a little, but not that much
hahahaha and now her kids work for Cartera!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question

Now that we are into the 8-12 week waiting period, has anyone seen the bonus miles post?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Now that we are into the 8-12 week waiting period, has anyone seen the bonus miles post?
All I have to say is, "Ha ha ha ha ha!"
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott rewards, United, AA, Delta
No bonus here, but a few of hubby's missing miles posted. Got an email from United and there they were. Of course Petra promised in two weeks and it has been three. None of my missing ones have posted and he is still missing some.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm kinda hoping that the bonuses DON'T post yet, because I'd like Petra/Cartera to fix all of my problems first.

I can just see the bonuses come through, then my missing purchases, then I have to go to UA and complain about the missing bonuses. I'll wait, if they can just get it right.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: All of em...
All I have to say is, "Ha ha ha ha ha!"
Ugh, hopefully soon though! So excited.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had you only read the last page or so of posts in this thread, you would already have seen the answer multiple times:

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Anyone worried that that's only 5 days after "The Event"? Will they be too tied up with dealing with what happened on 3/3 to have time to run the sweep on Mar 8?

(I thought of this after I read in a 3/3 thread that some people have been advised by UA/CO staff not to fly on 3/3! And then I thought of how many other program merger implementation days or program changeover implementation days in other cases led to how long a time of chaos afterwards.)

It would be so nice if they ran the first sweep sufficiently before the 3/3 madness begins...
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
8-12 weeks from 12/15/11. Of course, she was quick to say it is "subject to change". I talked to manager at the Rapid City office.
Ummmh, it was always 8-12 weeks from the end of the promo....
You must not though about how FlyerTalk works if you expected people to have their bonus miles posted and yet no mention of that in recent posts in this thread! No doubt this thread will add several dozen pages of nothing but "my bonus miles finally posted" once that happens. No need to ask if it's happened yet, just look a recent page of posts, if you no reports of it posting (only people wondering when it will post), there's your answer, nobody's seen it yet!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No doubt this thread will add several dozen pages of nothing but "my bonus miles finally posted" once that happens. No need to ask if it's happened yet, just look a recent page of posts, if you no reports of it posting (only people wondering when it will post), there's your answer, nobody's seen it yet!
You forgot the expected pages of "How the heck did they calculate the number of points, it's not even close to right!"
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You forgot the expected pages of "How the heck did they calculate the number of points, it's not even close to right!"
Or, when you look and you find you earned only 3k and then you call to ask about all your transactions and they tell you, oh those dont count. Terms & conditions changed. Sorry. (Or they tell you that this was always in the terms. Sorry sir!)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:09 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
^+1 to that
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:29 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Who is responding to you????

I've sent half a dozen emails to Cartera and United regarding my mileage posting issues (using the email address Jason provided plus the generic customer service emails).

I am either getting no response at all, or dumb responses. (you know, where they ask for some information you'd included in your initial request).

If anyone can provide me a contact email where I can reliably get some response and some assistance, I'd be very grateful.

Anita
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Does everyone believe these miles will post with no problem after March 3? I am a bit worried that the miles will not post since we will have new United account numbers. As for transactions that have not posted yet, I think people will be told the new UA MP # does not match the one used with the transaction.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Does everyone believe these miles will post with no problem after March 3? I am a bit worried that the miles will not post since we will have new United account numbers. As for transactions that have not posted yet, I think people will be told the new UA MP # does not match the one used with the transaction.
I think that excuse by United/Cartera would be fine fodder for another lawsuit and I don't think they would try to pull it. There is too much accumulated evidence that they are the ones changing the account numbers to meet their business needs. It would be akin to them not moving miles together into one account simply because one of the account numbers no longer exists.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ive never been notified that my ua number would change

I will say that i do assume if a number changes, things can stay easily attached to it. But we shall see. Im not of the belief ill see my bonus miles post in march. Id love to find im wrong though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.