Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Originally Posted by PatMike
Still missing 9 transactions from October 2-6.
Have faxed twice and sent a message through the MP mall regarding this to no avail.
I'm pretty burned out on this but still hanging in there. Don't have the fortitude to go to the MM lengths. Good luck.
Hoping that some of the bonus miles post eventually but I would not put any of my body parts in a guillotine betting on it.
I'm still missing three Best Buy purchases from August. I followed up after 8 weeks, received a message saying the miles would post within 1-2 weeks.

They didn't. Followed up again after a few weeks. Got no response.

Followed up two weeks after that. Got no response.

Followed up again this week. Got a message saying they'd post within 2 weeks.

It's a total cluster.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Vaitrucci
I'm still missing three Best Buy purchases from August. I followed up after 8 weeks, received a message saying the miles would post within 1-2 weeks.

They didn't. Followed up again after a few weeks. Got no response.

Followed up two weeks after that. Got no response.

Followed up again this week. Got a message saying they'd post within 2 weeks.

It's a total cluster.
Start spamming executives. It's what started a real dialog with Cartera for me. Before then I got the cold shoulder as well.

Here are the executives:
http://www.cartera.com/company/leadership.html

The email format at Cartera seems to be <first_initial><last_name>@cartera.com

So if you are writing to Bob Smith, it would be [email protected].

I spammed:
Very soon afterwards I started getting real messages from Kolandra and Petra.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:48 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Done!

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Start spamming executives. It's what started a real dialog with Cartera for me. Before then I got the cold shoulder as well.

Here are the executives:
http://www.cartera.com/company/leadership.html

The email format at Cartera seems to be <first_initial><last_name>@cartera.com

So if you are writing to Bob Smith, it would be [email protected].

I spammed:
Very soon afterwards I started getting real messages from Kolandra and Petra.
I just sent copies of my most recent "I haven't heard back from anyone for the last 3 months" email to all of the people above. Thanks Jason.

It isn't spam, though

Anita
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:13 pm

Good call, jasonvr.

I sent a note to some of the people on that page, attaching a letter that I had previously fedexed to them and heard nothing back from.

I got one guy's out of office reply with his personal cell # ....
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by akp
I just sent copies of my most recent "I haven't heard back from anyone for the last 3 months" email to all of the people above. Thanks Jason.

It isn't spam, though

Anita
OK, maybe inundate instead of spam

Originally Posted by nricklin
Good call, jasonvr.

I sent a note to some of the people on that page, attaching a letter that I had previously fedexed to them and heard nothing back from.

I got one guy's out of office reply with his personal cell # ....
LOL! I can think of several evil things to do with that....
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:08 pm

That's a good idea. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: All of em...
24 hours until February... Anybody think the bonuses will post in Feb?!
Sorry, I'm a little antsy. Wild, but slightly fun promotion.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:41 pm

Also, mark it down:
February 9, 2012 - 8 weeks from end of promo
March 8, 2012 - 12 weeks from end of promo

Can't wait for the flood of messages when people start getting their miles and the start of the next fight - unlimited miles for everything thru 9/9 and not getting capped at 25k
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
24 hours until February... Anybody think the bonuses will post in Feb?!
Sorry, I'm a little antsy. Wild, but slightly fun promotion.
Feb 9 is the 8 week mark which was the minimum timeframe according to UA. Not sure why it takes them so dang long to get around to posting the miles....
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:42 am
akp

Madness!

I send a detailed email to united customer service about 2 weeks ago outlining my four problems with postings. I included merchant name, vendor, date, etc in a series of attachments. (Note that this was my THIRD attempt to straighten some of these out with no response.)

Nothing.

After Jason's advice, I sent the entire thing again to the list of executives.

I got a response back within a day. It reads:

"After researching this matter it appears that you left out some required information. Please provide the exact following information for your missing transactions and we will look into this matter for you.

Order number, Order amount, Merchant name, Purchase date.

Please provide requested information within five business days. If the requested information is not received within the allotted timeframe, we regret to you inform you that we may have to close your case.

Sincerely,"

Sigh.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by akp
I send a detailed email to united customer service about 2 weeks ago outlining my four problems with postings. I included merchant name, vendor, date, etc in a series of attachments. (Note that this was my THIRD attempt to straighten some of these out with no response.)

Nothing.

After Jason's advice, I sent the entire thing again to the list of executives.

I got a response back within a day. It reads:

"After researching this matter it appears that you left out some required information. Please provide the exact following information for your missing transactions and we will look into this matter for you.

Order number, Order amount, Merchant name, Purchase date.

Please provide requested information within five business days. If the requested information is not received within the allotted timeframe, we regret to you inform you that we may have to close your case.

Sincerely,"

Sigh.
They're trolling us, I think.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:23 am
akp

you're nice

The word I was thinking of was much harsher than trolling
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:17 am

Feb 9 is the 8 week mark which was the minimum timeframe according to UA. Not sure why it takes them so dang long to get around to posting the miles....
I'm sure UA will post these miles before the conversion to CO systems in March when our MP numbers all become CO numbers, and old UA promotions get forgotten or lost in the conversion,right? Right guys?!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:13 pm

So, this morning I sent an e-mail to the list of executives that Jason posted explaining my missing purchases from August and repeated inquiries.

Within two hours, I received responses to each of my outstanding inquiry numbers with the following message:

We are very sorry for the delay in crediting your miles and any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a courtesy to you, we are sending this order to be credited. Please allow approximately 2 weeks for this to post to your account.

We hope this outcome is satisfactory and thank you for your continued patronage.

Sincerely,

xxxxx
Probably not a coincidence. I do enjoy that they will send my order to be credited "as a courtesy" to me, like it's some big favor.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:03 pm

so, when is the sweep?

I can't wait to put this chapter in my miles hobby to rest.

Any guesses on when they are going to do the Months of Miles sweep?

Do you guys expect there to be errors regarding the September 9 cut-off date (i.e. when the promo went from unlimited to 25k)?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by khanalim
I can't wait to put this chapter in my miles hobby to rest.

Any guesses on when they are going to do the Months of Miles sweep?

Do you guys expect there to be errors regarding the September 9 cut-off date (i.e. when the promo went from unlimited to 25k)?
My guess would be mid-Feb for the sweep. That puts it in their time frame and several weeks before the conversion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.