Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I think what we have now may go through too, but if more come in they will simply post later (probably 13947294824 weeks later)

My acct got some boost of miles - I thought for a moment it could be the HDs and REIs that never left their holding spot where they show up in MP shopping, but I cannot properly discern these things at this time. If UA indeed cannot show any huge list due to limits, then it's up in the air for now. I called them just now and the only thing I got was a 2/1 credit from a Jan 19 post date of 200 email account bonus miles. No idea what that even is. Nothing from the mall or the rest of my toolbar download and spend came through. To date there's a HUGE chunk of transactions missing in my UA acct. All of these should be there for me to get the bonus. Without them in there, I will not get the bonus.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
8 week mark

I had a note pop up on my calendar that today was the 8 week mark from the promotion end. Anyone seeing posts for bonus miles from the promotion yet?

I have nothing posted to mine. I guess the next note will be March 8 (12 weeks from promotion end...and the deadline).
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I guess the next note will be March 8 (12 weeks from promotion end...and the deadline).
Didn't it end on December 15th???

"Great news! We're extending the Months of Miles Challenge until December 15, 2011 to give our members the opportunity to earn more miles during the busy holiday shopping season."

I am still irritated that I have received emails stating that they have researched a few orders and that miles will be posted....yet nothing in my MP shop account OR nothing in my MP account.

I got these emails weeks ago. They still haven't responded on a few August orders also.... I have emailed repeatedly for weeks...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sargenet
I got these emails weeks ago. They still haven't responded on a few August orders also.... I have emailed repeatedly for weeks...
I got several responses to my initial queries, one asking for more info on the purchase (info which I had of course provided in the original query), and the others saying they'd look into the purchases and let me know within 2-4 weeks one way or the other.

Of course, those responses came 14 weeks ago with no follow-up from Cartera.

I've e-mailed Cartera several times now as follow-ups to those queries, and have gotten nada. We're talking about 3 total missing purchases at this point (a Sears.com one, a Samsclub.com one, and one other--I'd have to dig through my notes to see if it was Kohls.com or BathAndBodyworks.com). Nonetheless, I find it amazing that Cartera cannot provide some kind of feedback within now 14 weeks when promising a response in 2-4 weeks, and that they continue to ignore my follow-up requests.

Last edited by exerda; Feb 9, 2012 at 12:20 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I had a note pop up on my calendar that today was the 8 week mark from the promotion end. Anyone seeing posts for bonus miles from the promotion yet?

I have nothing posted to mine. I guess the next note will be March 8 (12 weeks from promotion end...and the deadline).
I had the exact same thing pop up on my calender This thread would be abuzz if anyone had gotten their bonus miles. I know I haven't yet
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do believe it will be Mar 8 and after. And that IF UA does what it once told me, when miles from Craptera trickle in from late postings, UA will later credit those boni as well. Of course many here do not believe this will be that simple, cut and dry. We shall see.

No, I think much will go on into the summer. it will be August--when the gig first started--before it all pans out for some of us. I do hope people get their miles sooner though.

Note: No word yet on anything to do with court date. Will report if and when that comes in. Then it's prep time, and a Do will be set up for those who may wish to come and see what may take place! Again, the point of that would be to try and help others get their miles based on whatever happens to me.

MM
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Marathon Man

Note: No word yet on anything to do with court date. Will report if and when that comes in. Then it's prep time, and a Do will be set up for those who may wish to come and see what may take place! Again, the point of that would be to try and help others get their miles based on whatever happens to me.

MM
Would this be the first official Flyertalk DO of a lawsuit?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Would this be the first official Flyertalk DO of a lawsuit?
I guess it would be a Do suit... or a law do... or whatever lol

(I will wear a suit, as I think that's a must DO)

Anyway, the thing is, the clerk told me that the court date will be on a Tuesday so it may be hard for some to DO, but what I might do is prepare a set of activities and places that people can go to in and around BOS, the airport of choice for most, and of course, historic Lexington/Concord, where this battle of miles will be taking place. It's about 20 miles outside BOS.

Years ago, Hanscom Airbase used to service some US Air flights but I don't think it does anymore. Man, that would be sweet because that place is literally between where Cartera is located and where the court house is. And of course, there's an Aloft hotel pretty much across the street from One Cranberry Hill.

Cartera is in Lexington, on the end of what is also, in part, considered Battle Road. Much of the original or restored sections of it are further out on the same road, which leads you to Concord, where the court house happens to be. A few bars and eats exist in both towns that can be good to visit. Some area places are rewards network ones too! but Concord's Colonial Inn is an original building in the centre of town that has a bar, and you can go in there and there'd be revolution in the air - like some old Bob Dylan song lyrics or just a discussion over pints about a miles fight, or some historic battle with the Brits or something to that affect...If it comes down to it, me own dear mum, a few miles away, could even have a few of us over for coffee and cakes. Why not! But I will get into all this stuff--as some sort of mini tour for those who may wish to come--if and when this court thing comes to fruition. We had a BOS Do in the fall in the city and that went over nicely. There were maybe 30+ there? But this... this could be kinda cool if it fits peoples' schedules.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I'm still missing 9 transactions. I thought I would just let them slide but getting updates on this thread gets me riled up about following through on these.
I've e-mailed and faxed a few times. Gonna give it one more shot before I make arrangements to attend the MOM-DO.
Firing up the fax machine.......
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatMike
I'm still missing 9 transactions. I thought I would just let them slide but getting updates on this thread gets me riled up about following through on these.
I've e-mailed and faxed a few times. Gonna give it one more shot before I make arrangements to attend the MOM-DO.
Firing up the fax machine.......
Mom Do. I like that. Hmmm... MommaDo... if you sing it like an Abba song it almost fits. Annoying but true. lol
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by exerda
Of course, those responses came 14 weeks ago with no follow-up from Cartera.
I've e-mailed Cartera several times now as follow-ups to those queries, and have gotten nada.
I had the same issue for a long time. Several missing transactions with no response for months. I had emailed them every 2 weeks asking for someone to look into it. Still no response. So I finally did as jasonvr suggested, and blasted a bunch of execs at Cartera. Within a few days, my missing miles mysteriously appeared.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Years ago, Hanscom Airbase used to service some US Air flights but I don't think it does anymore. Man, that would be sweet because that place is literally between where Cartera is located and where the court house is.
No miles to be earned, but Streamline Air is the latest to try to serve BED, with twice-daily service from TTN.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
So today I called...

OK... I have 5 missing orders. 3 of them they acknowledged a month ago via email back saying they would post in 1 to 2 weeks... 2 other orders they do not acknowledge even though I have been emailing since November.

So I look up Cartera on the web and call their corporate office. A nice receptionist answers and I tell her I am trying to track down some orders from the Mileage Plus shopping mall and I have been trying for months via email and it isn't fixed.

She connects me to this very nice gentleman who looks up my account. He can see my orders and was going through to figure out what the reason was that my miles have not posted. I talked to him for about 10 minutes and I had to run to an appointment, but he gave me his email. He also said he would get back to me after he checked with United on why he shows the miles being issued on their end but nothing at United.

When I get home I put together a list of the 5 missing orders. I also include Cartera's "inquiry #" for each request I sent over.

He got back to me a few hours later and this is what he emailed to me:

Thank you for confirming this information. Please know that I have requested the United investigate why these miles were not posted to your account. As I said before during our phone call you were awarded these miles in our system but those purchases are not showing up on your account. We hope to resolve this discrepancy soon. If there is anything else we can do for you please let me know I am more than happy to help you. Thank you again for your patience regarding this matter. I will follow up with you when I have more information for you.

I would highly suggest people pick up the phone and call in to their corporate office, especially if you have already emailed them many times. All 5 missing orders are from August and September for me.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott rewards, United, AA, Delta
Both myself and hubby are missing miles too. I also fired off an email to the executives at Cartara and heard last week from "Petra" that they will post withing two weeks. Nothing yet after a week.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
Finally miles for my 134 sears transactions from 9/9 posted to UA account today. This is 4 weeks after Petra sent e-mail saying these transactions were confirmed with sears and miles will post in 2 weeks.
So except for 2 sams and 9 HD transactions everything else posted. I am giving up on these.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.