Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Originally Posted by khanalim
Do you guys expect there to be errors regarding the September 9 cut-off date (i.e. when the promo went from unlimited to 25k)?
I think there will be errors of all shapes and sizes.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Vaitrucci
Indeed. We're in for another 25 pages in this thread, easy.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: All of em...
Haha, ditto! I expect it to be bumpy...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Haha, ditto! I expect it to be bumpy...
If it's not extremely bumpy and I don't have to fight I think I should buy a lottery ticket
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:54 pm

I'm going out on a limb. I think everything that is showing credited to your UA acct right now is going to credit fine. So add them up, ensure they are over $10, ensure that they posted with the right date, & divide by 2/3/4 or whatever your promo was. If they are wrong, well then you won't be getting those, my fighting has not gone well. I think the bonus miles will be 1 week after their posted timeframe (was it 8-12 wks??? then I think 13 weeks). I think that is what happened with my 250 bonus miles for back to school purchasing (happened to coincide w/ this promo, so I got it too). I don't think they give a darn about the PSS of POS or whatever it is they are calling it when they combine operations. When I add mine up, I got screwed on a few Walmart orders being split, a few Walmart posting a day after I made the purchase, a few others posting to mall but not to UAL; but in the end I think I am only losing about 5-6K miles & I am getting somehwre in the range of 120K. Pretty awesome giveaway when you think about it. I have a garage filled with toilet paper though that I had to buy when they took away Sams cards. HAHA. That'll gaurantee that I'll remember this for at least a yr. Now I better go knock on wood & return to my land of flowers & bunnies.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pogg
I'm going out on a limb. I think everything that is showing credited to your UA acct right now is going to credit fine. So add them up, ensure they are over $10, ensure that they posted with the right date, & divide by 2/3/4 or whatever your promo was. If they are wrong, well then you won't be getting those, my fighting has not gone well. I think the bonus miles will be 1 week after their posted timeframe (was it 8-12 wks??? then I think 13 weeks). I think that is what happened with my 250 bonus miles for back to school purchasing (happened to coincide w/ this promo, so I got it too). I don't think they give a darn about the PSS of POS or whatever it is they are calling it when they combine operations. When I add mine up, I got screwed on a few Walmart orders being split, a few Walmart posting a day after I made the purchase, a few others posting to mall but not to UAL; but in the end I think I am only losing about 5-6K miles & I am getting somehwre in the range of 120K. Pretty awesome giveaway when you think about it. I have a garage filled with toilet paper though that I had to buy when they took away Sams cards. HAHA. That'll gaurantee that I'll remember this for at least a yr. Now I better go knock on wood & return to my land of flowers & bunnies.
You are really optimistic and have great faith in UA I figure no one will get more than 25k without one hell of a fight (I fight I will fight to the bitter end), so I guess I am a pessimist...

All my transactions are sitting in my UA account just waiting to be counted and divided by two....waiting.....waiting....
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:27 am

You might be right about transactions currently sitting in our UA accounts that are correctly posted. I'm interested in two things:

1. Sub-$10 dining transactions that occurred prior to the T&C change, about which we have gotten all kinds of conflicting information.
2. Transactions that happened during the promo but required follow up and didn't post until after the end of the promo.

I think the second one may turn out OK, but I think there will be a big stink about the first one since we had so many people get confirmation those transactions *did* count.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:57 pm

all transactions posted!

I just checked United and everything has posted! About 350 REI transactions and some newegg.

None of this has posted to the mileageplus shopping site, it's all directly in my UA account.

For reference, I have sent Cartera multiple emails over the months (each containing the 4 items they care about: merchant, price, date, order #), I Fedexed them a packet that they got about 3 weeks ago with the same info plus screenshots of T+Cs and printed email receipts, and I emailed just about everyone on that page of executives.

Now United just has to award me the bonus miles!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by nricklin
I just checked United and everything has posted! About 350 REI transactions and some newegg.

None of this has posted to the mileageplus shopping site, it's all directly in my UA account.

For reference, I have sent Cartera multiple emails over the months (each containing the 4 items they care about: merchant, price, date, order #), I Fedexed them a packet that they got about 3 weeks ago with the same info plus screenshots of T+Cs and printed email receipts, and I emailed just about everyone on that page of executives.

Now United just has to award me the bonus miles!
Well thats just awesome!
Glad they posted. But wow, look at all you had to go thru to get them numnuts to just do what you paid for! And you also had to pay for fed x as well... Why must it take all this?

I have obviously gotten no contact or response from them on things stuck in mall still waiting to move to ua.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
It seems 70 % of people got miles posted.
I am missing about at least ten more purchase with the mall but I have given up that fight
they are just impossible to deal with and there is no way to pinpoint which exact purchase is missing at this point

Now the fight will be with united when they don't add the correct number of miles
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Vacation time
It seems 70 % of people got miles posted.
I am missing about at least ten more purchase with the mall but I have given up that fight
they are just impossible to deal with and there is no way to pinpoint which exact purchase is missing at this point

Now the fight will be with united when they don't add the correct number of miles
If you want to keep fighting, there is a way. Cartera has the ability to export a spreadsheet with every transaction they have record of (even if it doesn't display on the website). That spreadsheet includes a column with the order number. You could use that to correlate which exact transactions are missing.

Also, I just got some stuff unrelated to MoM to post to my account and I got an email with this at the bottom:
Note: Recently, we made enhancements to our site. In order to view transaction history prior to September 28th, please be sure to click the link that says "View Transactions Prior to September 28, 2011". Currently only transactions posted as of 10/25/2011 are available for viewing on this statement. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused and look forward to your continued use of the MileagePlus Shopping mall to maximize your mileage earning.
I guess they are finally acknowledging that the website sucks and can't show everything.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:39 pm

All of my purchases from August have finally posted.

I shouldn't be so pleased over something like this, but I am.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jasonvr
If you want to keep fighting, there is a way. Cartera has the ability to export a spreadsheet with every transaction they have record of (even if it doesn't display on the website). That spreadsheet includes a column with the order number. You could use that to correlate which exact transactions are missing.

Also, I just got some stuff unrelated to MoM to post to my account and I got an email with this at the bottom:

I guess they are finally acknowledging that the website sucks and can't show everything.
It will take well over a reem of paper (bought at staples on some miles deal lol) to show it, but your post and hundreds more like it printed from nearly every page of this huge thread will serve as further evidence in the case im still waiting to get a court date for.

Each instance of anyone stating any issue, pain, problem and effort needed to get their miles due from cartera furthers my effort to show a judge that these cats are essentially running a scam. I state is because, if they have all the resources they have at their disposal and they have nation wide giant retail clients and the worlds biggest airlines as partners in their business, then why are they using substandard systems and poorly designed sites and engines?

It would be one thing if cartera were a small business or a non profit...but even those usually have better presentation and follow through.

Since my final 300+/- hd and 21 rei posted to my mp shopping well over a month ago but has yet to make it to ua in any form to date, im certain my MoM part of the plan is goining to be a mess. Thats why, as i repeat, part of my case against cartera will be to refover ua miles i should have gotten that their failures prevented. It hasnt happened yet but we all know that ua will suffer tallying issues that they pass onto us in the form of non credited bonuses for things we think we should have gotten, and that much of this will be due to carteras slow to no posting standards.

Its disgusting to me that such an entity is even allowed to business in my state under the current model it markets now.

But like i said, each post here should help serve as further evidence as to the fact that carteras ways forced many others to go through similar problems. Its obvious that if this does get heard in court, ft and this thread will come up. Ill most likely start out with my story and say something to the affect of, "i participated in a ua offer and chose to shop thru the cartera mall but i found, as did many others i know of, that carteras mp mall was having problems posting anything correctly or on time..." Ill most likely let someone else bring up ft or the thread but just start out mentioning that i visit related online travel forums to learn of such promos, etc.

Last edited by Marathon Man; Feb 4, 2012 at 3:53 am Reason: forgive the typos...i did this from my phone
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:57 am

All of my purchases from August have finally posted.

I shouldn't be so pleased over something like this, but I am.
Quoting myself, now that I look back it, all of my $10 Best Buy gift card purchases were credited as 8 miles in my account. That doesn't seem right, but unfortunately I no longer have screenshots from what the earning should have been in mid-August. I'm pretty sure it was 1 mile/dollar, however.

My worry is that these will somehow register as sub-$10 transactions when they do the sweep for MoM.

EDIT: Disregard. Did find a screenshot and it was .75 miles/dollar at the time of the transaction, which explains it.

Last edited by Vaitrucci; Feb 4, 2012 at 7:18 am
Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: All of em...
I'm going out on a limb. I think everything that is showing credited to your UA acct right now is going to credit fine.
Me too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.