Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hoosiereph
No miles to be earned, but Streamline Air is the latest to try to serve BED, with twice-daily service from TTN.
Good tip. Thx. And hey, at least that airline TELLS you no miles upfront, whereas in this whole UA/MP debacle we are led to believe we will get them but we dont lol

Originally Posted by sargenet
OK... I have 5 missing orders. 3 of them they acknowledged a month ago via email back saying they would post in 1 to 2 weeks... 2 other orders they do not acknowledge even though I have been emailing since November.

So I look up Cartera on the web and call their corporate office. A nice receptionist answers and I tell her I am trying to track down some orders from the Mileage Plus shopping mall and I have been trying for months via email and it isn't fixed.

She connects me to this very nice gentleman who looks up my account. He can see my orders and was going through to figure out what the reason was that my miles have not posted. I talked to him for about 10 minutes and I had to run to an appointment, but he gave me his email. He also said he would get back to me after he checked with United on why he shows the miles being issued on their end but nothing at United.

When I get home I put together a list of the 5 missing orders. I also include Cartera's "inquiry #" for each request I sent over.

He got back to me a few hours later and this is what he emailed to me:

Thank you for confirming this information. Please know that I have requested the United investigate why these miles were not posted to your account. As I said before during our phone call you were awarded these miles in our system but those purchases are not showing up on your account. We hope to resolve this discrepancy soon. If there is anything else we can do for you please let me know I am more than happy to help you. Thank you again for your patience regarding this matter. I will follow up with you when I have more information for you.

I would highly suggest people pick up the phone and call in to their corporate office, especially if you have already emailed them many times. All 5 missing orders are from August and September for me.
Good advice, and i for one had done this very same thing. But still ended up being stalled. Now i could be mistaken but i bet the nice guy you talked to has the initials MB.... And he is nice and does seem to want to help, but my impression of the man was that higher ups limited him and so in the end there were things he would not help with. Good luck though.

Also... Shaddow... Petra is real but over worked on this issue. Her hands are tied by the same people. And yet, in her defense and possibly in part in carteras defense, she can only post what she sees.

Of course my angst has been that a company claiming to service all these huge retailers and world wide airlines should have had in place the proper and robust means to handle consumer purchases big or small. Cartera does not have such systems in place and so their limits dont show all our transactions and so we suffer. This is very wrong indeed.

...typed from my phone.

Originally Posted by shadow1woman
Both myself and hubby are missing miles too. I also fired off an email to the executives at Cartara and heard last week from "Petra" that they will post withing two weeks. Nothing yet after a week.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I do believe it will be Mar 8 and after.
Anyone worried that that's only 5 days after "The Event"? Will they be too tied up with dealing with what happened on 3/3 to have time to run the sweep on Mar 8?

(I thought of this after I read in a 3/3 thread that some people have been advised by UA/CO staff not to fly on 3/3! And then I thought of how many other program merger implementation days or program changeover implementation days in other cases led to how long a time of chaos afterwards.)

It would be so nice if they ran the first sweep sufficiently before the 3/3 madness begins...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bet they do it ON 3/3 to mess with us all
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Marathon Man -- Can you please take one of your posts in this thread to make a summary that you can update as this saga continue? Or start a website?

It's rather ironic that these jokers are in your own backyard! I hope you hammer these guys!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hobo13
Marathon Man -- Can you please take one of your posts in this thread to make a summary that you can update as this saga continue? Or start a website?

It's rather ironic that these jokers are in your own backyard! I hope you hammer these guys!
Well I'll try. In fact it may be necessary to type things up in some more condensed order (albeit still probably a long set of pages) for anyone like a court or judge to understand, or for even me to read notes from. So maybe a webpage or something might be a good idea, thanks! And others could read it or use it in their own plights if need be later on. Of course all of this just adds to the massive amounts of time I--and all of us--have had to spend on this junk. I can tell you I have printed out the entirety of this very thread and I needed a new thing of ink for my printer because of that. I'll be bringing it with me if and when there is a hearing.

And yet Cartera continues to do its silly business... Why, just today I stumbled upon a Groupon thread in FT and this page shows some of the antics a poster called CarteraCommerce (Company Representative) was claiming something about their relatively new US Air mall, but had the start dates of this, their own mall all wrong! I mean... WHY are these people even on the planet! See post 100 and for that matter the whole page which it is on in the thread.

Anyway, yes... it is very strange they are right here... So are the HQ of FreeCause, the other mall entity! They are in Boston. Geesh I should see if I know anyone in politics and get them to run these folk outta town. then again, it would be better to shut 'em down first and give the jobs to those who deserve 'em.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
In the research that "Tom" did for me (we spoke on the phone) he actually found a couple orders that they said they had confirmed (they had even emailed me confirming that the research was complete) but they never showed up in my MP account.

Here is what he sent to me:

We sincerely apologize for the delay in crediting your account. Please know that we have re-submitted your transaction to be rewarded and posted to your account. Please allow 2 weeks for the miles to post. I will follow up with you if after the two weeks the miles do not post to your account. Again, thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

How in the world are these things ever going to be fixed if people do not respond to emails from their customer service department???? Geez.

I just popped over to the AA forum and was reading up on people with missing orders from their shop mall. I posted the same thing....look up the corporate office number and call the receptionist....especially if you have been dealing with this over and over with no resolution.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the research that "Tom" did for me (we spoke on the phone) he actually found a couple orders that they said they had confirmed (they had even emailed me confirming that the research was complete) but they never showed up in my MP account.

Here is what he sent to me:

We sincerely apologize for the delay in crediting your account. Please know that we have re-submitted your transaction to be rewarded and posted to your account. Please allow 2 weeks for the miles to post. I will follow up with you if after the two weeks the miles do not post to your account. Again, thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

How in the world are these things ever going to be fixed if people do not respond to emails from their customer service department???? Geez.

I just popped over to the AA forum and was reading up on people with missing orders from their shop mall. I posted the same thing....look up the corporate office number and call the receptionist....especially if you have been dealing with this over and over with no resolution.
Hmmm tom must be new...to replace kolandra.
Anyway your story above offers further proof that since it is up to us to push and pull, they clearly have little intent on giving up these miles easily. Therein lies the issue.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Just talked to UA MP customer service. Latest is they have extended their timeline to post the bonus miles to 8-12 weeks. This promotion has been absolute disaster from the get go.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Just talked to UA MP customer service. Latest is they have extended their timeline to post the bonus miles to 8-12 weeks. This promotion has been absolute disaster from the get go.
Additional weeks...or 8-12 weeks from when it ended on 12/15?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Additional weeks...or 8-12 weeks from when it ended on 12/15?
8-12 weeks from 12/15/11. Of course, she was quick to say it is "subject to change". I talked to manager at the Rapid City office.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

8-12 weeks from 12/15/11. Of course, she was quick to say it is "subject to change". I talked to manager at the Rapid City office.
Was that Pam Baumberger, MileagePlus® Service Director?

She was professional and calmly attempted to assure me that UA can and will continue to accept late entries from shopping transactions and that UA can then still apply the bonuses where necessary, but she didn't sound too pleased to talk with me when I called about all of this. I wrote UA on October 25, 2011:

United Airlines
MileagePlus
P.O. Box 6120
Rapid City, SD 57709-6120

I got this reply:

Months Of Miles Promotion MPM681 (KMMXXXXXXXXXXXX)

MP Customer Relations <[email protected]>

TO:
MM

Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:26 PM

UA# XXXXXXXXX

Hello Mr. MM,

Thanks for providing the information in regards to your Months of Miles promotion.

Mr. MM, I wanted to assure you we have received your priority mail package with your documentation regarding the shopping details enclosed. We are working on the Home Depot postings to correct the records you can view in regards to your non-flight bonus activity. Your patience is appreciated in allowing our partners (REI) to update your account within the 4-6 weeks advised. We ask that you please allow the 8-12 weeks after the promotional end date for your bonus miles to appear on your MileagePlus account. If anything changes we will certainly let you know. In the meantime we do not want you to worry about your miles being updated properly.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

Pam Baumberger
MileagePlus® Service Director

~Ms. Baumberger received a packet I mailed with information shared with Cartera and she was kind enough to get back to me in a relatively short period of time. My hope is that she and/or her staff can first resolve the minus mile issue and then credit all missing ones BEFORE the United Months of Miles promotion ends, so that United can properly tally all transactions for the needs of that promotion without hesitation or error. Ms. Baumberger wrote that I should not worry about my miles, but I wrote back essentially indicated how jaded I have already become, and asked for further assurance. I have yet to hear back.

I posted this stuff a long while ago but in case anybody missed it, there it is again.

You can see that she DID say it could take 8-12 weeks after the end of the promo (12/15) so that means we may not see these miles til at least Mar 8, which is what some of us already think. And I still have NOT seen those REI and HD miles from Shopping move over to my UA acct. They do sit in the MP shopping but have not moved. So I guess this will be a sure test of what Ms. B told me... Cuz I will have rather late entries indeed, if at all!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:12 pm

Was that Pam Baumberger, MileagePlus® Service Director?
I contacted an individual by the name of Pamela Hannan who I had spoken with last fall. Fortunately I haven't dealt with Cartera but did have a run around with Rewards Network/iDine that eventually got resolved.

If pretty disappointed with UA and their abysmal handling of this offer.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I contacted an individual by the name of Pamela Hannan who I had spoken with last fall. Fortunately I haven't dealt with Cartera but did have a run around with Rewards Network/iDine that eventually got resolved.

If pretty disappointed with UA and their abysmal handling of this offer.
Funny, as my Pam said she was the only Pam there. hahahaha dontcha love it when they say that>?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Also, mark it down:
February 9, 2012 - 8 weeks from end of promo
March 8, 2012 - 12 weeks from end of promo
Ummmh, it was always 8-12 weeks from the end of the promo....
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Funny, as my Pam said she was the only Pam there. hahahaha dontcha love it when they say that>?
Could be the same Pam. This things been going on long enough that she could have gotten married, changed her name, had kids, put them thru school, retired, had grand-kids,..... ok, I exaggerate a little, but not that much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.