Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:26 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
mine were all before terms changed

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What other are reporting are dines under $10 that date from before the T&C change did count, for example:

akp, you need to clarify whether your 7 dines under $10 were before or after the T&C change.

(I am not aware of anyone reporting that all dines under $10, including after the T&C change, counted for them.)

Another issue we were wondering about way back when, which I'm not sure whether has been figured out, is whether after the T&C change dines that were just over $10 (but only if you included tax & tip) still counted (despite the T&Cs claiming that tax & tip wouldn't count).
all were before 9/9
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Had 72 dines at $1.04 a piece. All of the transactions credited! 36,000 miles
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
All transactions completed before change in the t&c
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by benFlys
Received exactly 20,000 which is close to what I was expecting. Sub-$10 dines prior to T&C change did count (and I received credit for them, after a long, messy back-and-forth with UA), so if you do not get your miles for those transactions, FIGHT THEM!

Regardless of the outcome, this has been the most shockingly, ridiculously unprofessional experience I have had with a major corporation in a long time. I have been amazed time and time again with the level of complete ineptitude on behalf of UA (sorry, it's true, they allow Cartera to use the UA name and to market and operate promotions on UA's behalf, thus, they have a responsibility to customers) and Cartera. As I trudged through the process of forcing UA to comply with the promise it made to us as customers, I couldn't help but thinking that if I were to treat a client with even so much as a SHRED of the disrespect and dishonesty that I was shown in participating in this promotion, I would be fired on the spot.

Cheers to MM (good luck in court!), and everyone else who continues to fight the good fight.
agreed and thanks!

what a mess.
Glad it worked for some people here. I see some big players got all or most of their miles. I see some had no probs at all (lucky!) and I see some small players had more trouble than me! But at least something is posting for most people. But what a freakin mess!

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Is there any other alternative method to contact Cartera other than e-mail?

They appear to be ignoring my requests to credit miles for some reason...
Meet me in Court on April 24. Again, I will post details about that later. That is how I plan to get them to finally 'respond' to me.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:10 pm

Woohoo! 101K for me, 21K for my son. I have 4K more coming to my son due to catera finally properly crediting those transactions this week, so that'll be a test to see whether they actually retroactively go back & give him that 4K. Eitherway, I am stoked. That's a lot of free miles! I hope someone did not lose a job over it though.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
So has anyone had any miles post that weren't dated 2/24? Since I am missing miles, I'm wondering if miles are still coming in which would give me some hope that more miles will eventually post.

I do now have a huge fear that nothing additional will post automatically and UA won't do anything until the 12 weeks expires which is after the system merger which may lose all evidence necessary to credit the right number of miles.... Yeah, I'm probably paranoid, but.....

Originally Posted by pogg
Woohoo! 101K for me, 21K for my son. I have 4K more coming to my son due to catera finally properly crediting those transactions this week, so that'll be a test to see whether they actually retroactively go back & give him that 4K. Eitherway, I am stoked. That's a lot of free miles! I hope someone did not lose a job over it though.
We should try to keep a running tally of how many miles UA gave out for this promo to FT'ers alone. My rough guestimate is that we are either approaching or already at 2MM reported so far.

Edit:
My math was off. We are actually closing in on 3.5MM already reported in this thread!!

Last edited by jasonvr; Mar 1, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I do now have a huge fear that nothing additional will post automatically and UA won't do anything until the 12 weeks expires which is after the system merger which may lose all evidence necessary to credit the right number of miles.... Yeah, I'm probably paranoid, but.....

I share many levels of paranoia... much has already been proven to be true.

I think they will come back and say, "Oh, sorry but didn't you know you were capped at 25k?" ...which is exactly all I got./ so far...

I was not capped. But that's what I think they may try.
And yeah, good luck everyone trying to contact UA to ask about later postings.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:37 am

I have seen anything posted yet, but the 12 weeks isn't up. Time to panic?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by skimple
I have seen anything posted yet, but the 12 weeks isn't up. Time to panic?
I don't think so. I've gotten mine, but I see no reason to assume they were doing it all at once. Weekly batches seems like a reasonable thing.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by penner42
I don't think so. I've gotten mine, but I see no reason to assume they were doing it all at once. Weekly batches seems like a reasonable thing.
And what was the last reasonable thing UA did with this promo (OK, I'll admit they seem to have stuck to their word that earnings before 9/9 were unlimited).

btw, if you want some nostalgia and light humor, go back and read the beginning of this thread and the period from about 9/7 thru 9/9. Did it yesterday and it certainly brought back any memories of the roller coaster that has been this promotion
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And what was the last reasonable thing UA did with this promo (OK, I'll admit they seem to have stuck to their word that earnings before 9/9 were unlimited).

btw, if you want some nostalgia and light humor, go back and read the beginning of this thread and the period from about 9/7 thru 9/9. Did it yesterday and it certainly brought back any memories of the roller coaster that has been this promotion
Yes they did say they would honor people who were pre-9/9 but here I am with exactly and only 25k and it makes me think that parties have talked and have decided to make me a 25k capped person to end it easy. Then they will play the, we told you, sir... you are not entitled to more... we told you! So why are you asking for more? Sorry you didn't get the memo.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Yes they did say they would honor people who were pre-9/9 but here I am with exactly and only 25k and it makes me think that parties have talked and have decided to make me a 25k capped person to end it easy. Then they will play the, we told you, sir... you are not entitled to more... we told you! So why are you asking for more? Sorry you didn't get the memo.
MM you and I probably haven't been capped persay. Instead, we were just incorrectly calculated. For whatever reason, not all of our miles got spit out by the automated process. I think you were just unlucky that the arbitrary number for you was 25k while it was 53k for me. As such, I believe the 25k for you is a red herring. Either way, we will both end up talking to UA on 3/8 which is the 12 week mark.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MM you and I probably haven't been capped persay. Instead, we were just incorrectly calculated. For whatever reason, not all of our miles got spit out by the automated process. I think you were just unlucky that the arbitrary number for you was 25k while it was 53k for me. As such, I believe the 25k for you is a red herring. Either way, we will both end up talking to UA on 3/8 which is the 12 week mark.
yes, makes sense. It just feels strange that's all, what, with all that has gone on.

For me, for the sheer purposes of recording that I did it alone, I will indeed write to UA on or after the 8th asking about the rest of my miles, but i already know this will lead to nothing that would be resolved with any great haste. Instead I will be in court explaining how Cartera's lack of ability to remain consistent with all of us has it so some people got everything they sought out (big hitters and little people alike) and others have not (self included, you included, etc.)

I will explain that due to their lack of attention to the details, we are chasing the airline now, as anticipated, and that this has a cost attached to it (time, effort, etc). Cartera is responsible in my mind for the miles UA aint posting. After all, many of my 'transactional hits' still sit in Cartera and have yet to even make it to UA. Strange, though, how exactly only 25k worth of total did make it (75 transactions on the nose)
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Months of Miles Promo: Posted Miles

All accounts in our family had MOM miles post today. We were not in this promotion to any great extent compared to others on this board, but for the record, two accounts posted accurately, one was missing a 500 point bonus. All posted as February 24, 2012 "Description is not available".

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, didn't realize that many of you had already posted about your treasure troves on the preceding page of this thread. Congrats to all of you who hit this one out of the park.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:57 pm

That is quite the trip down memory lane. I remember the different phases of the promo: the pre 9/9 phase when I was incredulous UA would release the promo, the gradual realization over a couple of days that this was another pudding guy situation where literally millions of miles would be up for grabs, again the disbelief that UA would do this, the numerous phone calls to MP and web support in Manila and India, the screen shots, the intervention from UA Insider, the bombshell that the promo was revised, then the other bombshell that 9/9 through midnight was the deadline, and the frantic ordering that night dealing with fraud alerts and CC holds from the banks, then the post 9/9 prognostication and WAITING. I feel like I've been thinking about MOM for the better part of a year now, always in the back of my mind.

And I shamelessly take credit for instigating the whole 9/9 deadline with this post and this reply from UA Insider.

Most of my purchases were Sams and Meijer GC's. The Sams GC were consolidated into larger denomination GC, and used at Sams gas stations to fuel up the SUV throughout the fall and winter. The Meijer GCs couldn't be consolidated, so every trip to the grocery store ended with the swiping of multiple $10 gift cards, my wife asking "so did we get the miles from this yet?", and raised eyebrows from cashiers. The last of these trips was just last week! The personalized Christmas letter from the Meijer gift card department thanking me for my gift card business in 2011 was a nice touch too.

So all in all an extremely intense and rewarding experience. I realize it wasn't UA's intention to 1) allow unlimited earning and 2) allow earning through GC. However, if the intent was to promote the shopping mall and encourage purchases through the mall, then those were accomplished as I spent (i.e. did not resell or liquidate) all the GCs I purchased myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.