Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:24 am

miles posted: data point

Hi All just wanted to share a data point. My miles posted today.

I was not going to fight if I received anything more than 350K. I received 407K. I haven't done a complete reconcilliation yet, but I think I got most of the miles that I was supposed to get.

I am not sure if the sub-10 dining counted or not yet. I am very happy with the results, and I have just about used up all of the $14K in sam's club gift cards that I used!!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
100K+ miles posted here. Ended up within 2K of what my spreadsheet shows, including postings for sub-$10 dining transactions before the T&C were changed. That satisfies me -- kudos to MP for getting it right in the end, despite the terrible, customer-unfriendly behavior mid-promo. ^
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:01 am

449,000 miles now, Just picked up 180k, my whole reason for doing this promo was to earn enough air-miles to fly to the 2012 Olympics in style. 1st class flight for 3 here we come.

I'm happy!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Smile Everything worked fine!

Absolutely no complaints. Everything posted as it was supposed to and within the time framework described by United.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Originally Posted by bandit2011
449,000 miles now, Just picked up 180k, my whole reason for doing this promo was to earn enough air-miles to fly to the 2012 Olympics in style. 1st class flight for 3 here we come.

I'm happy!
That's awesome. Enjoy the trip.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: many
Hey All,
What's the description in the miles posting, is it Month of Miles or something like that? I never signed up for it, it was not in my MPShopping acct activity, and I'm just trying to understand some miles that dropped into my acct without description. Knowing the description of the MoMpromo that posted for you would help narrow it down.

Thanks and congrats to you all!! Something I should have done, but oh well.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by pcharles
Hey All,
What's the description in the miles posting, is it Month of Miles or something like that? I never signed up for it, it was not in my MPShopping acct activity, and I'm just trying to understand some miles that dropped into my acct without description. Knowing the description of the MoMpromo that posted for you would help narrow it down.

Thanks and congrats to you all!! Something I should have done, but oh well.
I have a huge page of "Description is not available - 1000".
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Mine are posting as:
Feb. 24, 2012 | Description is not available | 1,000
Also I ended up getting the 1,000 miles per 2 transactions posted to my account. First of all, I never got the original email to register, and just went to the MoM site and registered my MP number. It said I was registered for 1k miles per 3 transactions, however I never received any confirmation email that I was indeed registered. Calling in to MP got me nowhere, so I had to hope for the best. When they changed the terms, I did get an email saying that the promo was extended, but with the new T&C.

I don't know why I ended up with the better deal, but today as I check my MP Shopping transactions, there are only 20 posted and I got 10k miles. I am missing 3 gift card purchases through Jo-Ann's, which were valid, but even if it somehow factored those in, I wouldn't get 10k miles at 1k per 3 transactions.

Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Is there any other alternative method to contact Cartera other than e-mail?

They appear to be ignoring my requests to credit miles for some reason...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
248K miles posted. All transactions including 10 sub $10 dining transactions accounted for.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
how to get these additional miles
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by scorp
how to get these additional miles
?

Did you participate in the promo?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
?

Did you participate in the promo?
can u pls post the link to promo as I didn't get any email from united MP
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by scorp
can u pls post the link to promo as I didn't get any email from united MP
It was www.united.com/monthsofmiles but the link has long since stopped working. Initially it let you put in your MP number and name, and upon registering it would say you got one of the various earn rates per purchase.

If you did not do that months ago, then I don't think there's any chance you are eligible for any bonus miles.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akp
I had 7 dines under $10, so that could be part of it, but others report those posting.
What other are reporting are dines under $10 that date from before the T&C change did count, for example:

Originally Posted by hoosiereph
including postings for sub-$10 dining transactions before the T&C were changed.
akp, you need to clarify whether your 7 dines under $10 were before or after the T&C change.

(I am not aware of anyone reporting that all dines under $10, including after the T&C change, counted for them.)

Another issue we were wondering about way back when, which I'm not sure whether has been figured out, is whether after the T&C change dines that were just over $10 (but only if you included tax & tip) still counted (despite the T&Cs claiming that tax & tip wouldn't count).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.