Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:38 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
yes and yea

I was in the two transactions for 1000 miles group. By 9/9, when they pulled the unlimited offer, I had completed enough transactions to earn 88,000 miles. I received 80,000 miles.

All purchases were made by 9/9 deadline, so posting beyond 25k was most definitely NOT an error.

Last edited by akp; Mar 28, 2012 at 11:16 am
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by akp
I was in the two transactions for 1000 miles group. By 9/9, when they pulled the unlimited offer, I had completed enough transactions to earn 88,000 miles. I received 80,000 miles.

All purchases were made by 9/9 deadline, so posting beyond 25k was most definitely NOT an error.
Fight them tooth and nail!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by akp
Check out this email I received today in response to my request for 8000 miles owed me during MOM promotion. Note the third paragraph:

Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for contacting MileagePlus®. We’re currently experiencing a high
volume of email, which has caused longer-than-usual response times.
We’re very sorry for the delay.

In line with the updated terms and conditions of the promotion MPM671 -
Ways to Earn Miles (as disseminated on September 9, 2011 via email),
registered members can earn up to 25, 000 bonus award miles during the
promotion time period. MileagePlus will honor the full amount of award
miles for those members who earned more than 25,000 prior to September
9, 2011.

It was an error that you've received more than 25, 000 miles and we
cannot guarantee when the system will auto correct the posting.

By the way, xxxxx, we've retained your OnePass account number
(xxxxxx) to be used in the new MileagePlus program.

We appreciate your patience and the time you're taking to contact us.

Hxxx Bxxxx
MileagePlus
I'm concerned by the part where it says "MileagePlus will honor the full amount of award miles for those members who earned more than 25,000 prior to September 9, 2011."

Everything I have says END OF DAY 9/9.

I actually just wrote to UA asking them to clarify that I was indeed an unlimited person too, as I bought a lot on 9/9.
But my problem is and has been more so that the cartera miles--whether they would count toward UA bonus or not, have never made it TO UA. Still, it's a big mess!

Originally Posted by pogg
yeah! just booked 3 rt to MCO & still have 46K left of my harvest. thanks ual. thanks FT.
That my friend is the beauty of FT and what I tell me wife when she asks why I do it so much lol

Originally Posted by penner42
Totally worth it, and I only got half the miles you did. One trip, probably to Switzerland, in C/F is my plan.

Side note: I just finished spending my Staples GCs today. Shoulda bought more! Finished them off with this laptop. Most of them were spent on free after rebate stuff that was profitable with coupons, so the net "cost" after the laptop (and a camera) was ... about $100.
This is cool! And I only wish I could have gotten into the rebate gig a lot sooner. BUT I have been more recently so I feel ya man... Good job!

All my GCs bought from this gig have been used nicely. My Homedepot GC is nearly gone. I also wish I did more on that. Basement is coming along and guess where the burned GCs are now (those of which stores let me keep once used, that is)? In the rafters and walls I have been building with the insulation behind the wallboard! There's still an unfinished section where I will stuff the entire story and all paperwork once that little court thing is over. Could take a while then
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
First use of MoM spoils is currently on hold with UA:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18312479-post12.html

All in C or F including TG F and LX F - LAX-IAD-FRA-BKK/BKK-DPS/DPS-BKK-ZRH-CDG-IAD-LAX
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Hello, I participated in this promo enough to get maybe 1-2000 miles but they never posted. I contacted mileage plus Via email on 3/27 and again on 4/10 and no response. Should I call? Just wait it out? I won't give up.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgaston
Hello, I participated in this promo enough to get maybe 1-2000 miles but they never posted. I contacted mileage plus Via email on 3/27 and again on 4/10 and no response. Should I call? Just wait it out? I won't give up.
I bet that happens to me lol and we actually want to USE Netflix, not just cancel it later! But for me it has only been less than a week so I will wait. The sign up has billed to my UA cc and I have even paid it off.

I would keep copies of everything and try to mail in everything to them reg. mail. Wait 2+ weeks for a reply.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by spgaston
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I bet that happens to me lol and we actually want to USE Netflix, not just cancel it later! But for me it has only been less than a week so I will wait. The sign up has billed to my UA cc and I have even paid it off.

I would keep copies of everything and try to mail in everything to them reg. mail. Wait 2+ weeks for a reply.
Doesn't sound like a mall problem (as long as the miles from the initial purchases actually hit your account). To get the bonus miles you will be facing an uphill battle. MP customer service claims that you have to talk to the promotion department to get the promo miles, but there is no direct email for them. I tried contacting them thru the website and never got any response. For that small amount of miles, MP customer service might be able to do something, but they weren't able to in my case.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Doesn't sound like a mall problem (as long as the miles from the initial purchases actually hit your account). To get the bonus miles you will be facing an uphill battle. MP customer service claims that you have to talk to the promotion department to get the promo miles, but there is no direct email for them. I tried contacting them thru the website and never got any response. For that small amount of miles, MP customer service might be able to do something, but they weren't able to in my case.
ok I am officially tapped. I was not reading the subject of this post and replied to it thinking I was quoting and talking about the UA NETFLIX promo not MoM hahaha

Yes, UA is hard to deal with. I was just on hold 15 mins but did get to someone who was nice and capable. She is going to do further research to find more for me on my missing mega miles.

oh well
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:18 pm

For someone who still hasn't had any but 1 of their purchases post by Catera, and is being ignored by them, who can I contact via telephone? Any advice on the best next steps to get this resolved?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

court case update from today:

Magistrate to render a decision by mail in 2-3 days to both parties.

So we wait.

I suggest others with issues just keep calling all parties to try and get your miles.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
court case update from today:

Magistrate to render a decision by mail in 2-3 days to both parties.

So we wait.

I suggest others with issues just keep calling all parties to try and get your miles.
So what was the general atmosphere in the court room? Did the judge even understand? Was there much of a crowd?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
So what was the general atmosphere in the court room? Did the judge even understand? Was there much of a crowd?
moderate crowd. everything was generally understood, or so it seemed. I remained focused on my main points.

I will come back in here when the decision is received by me to say more. But I can assure you all, Cartera, as we know, watches this entire forum.

Their lawyer looked just like a friend of mine so oddly enough there was no added tension.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
Oh man can't wait to hear the story......

Well if Cartera maintained a site that correctly records our data they would never have these problems. (you guys listening)
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:24 pm

They do watch. Catera has reached out to contact me to try to get my problem resolved, but despite doing so I have seen no follow up to date with assistance.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by johndoe123
They do watch. Catera has reached out to contact me to try to get my problem resolved, but despite doing so I have seen no follow up to date with assistance.
Cartera also contacted me based on something I posted here. I have also been working with "Tom" for months now who "at first" did a whole heck of a lot of work and sent me lots of emails. Last go round was a month ago when he said I had courtesy credits coming for 2 orders. He even said they were showing in their system and I would see them in less than 2 weeks. Of course it never happened. And of course I have emailed him a few times. No response what-so-ever. I have his number...wonder if he quit? I am waiting for a day to call when I feel I will be calm about the whole situation!!!

And I swear they owe me less than 200 miles now! But I am not going to drop it. I shouldn't have to. I am just one person and I can imagine there are lots of people out there in the same boat that just gave up. I think the main reason this became such a big deal is because of Months of Miles... but before this they were screwing people out of lots of miles..

On another note... I am a glutton for punishment and have done a few orders since the first of the year through the Southwest shopping mall. All of them have shown up. I am impressed...

Cartera is the behind the scenes team for Chase Ultimate rewards mall. I have 25% of those orders NOT show up most of the time. Thank goodness the nice reps at Chase just look to make sure I made the purchase and then give me courtesy credits...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.