Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:06 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by xerenthar

i am looking for J-class award travel from DC (ideally) to and from western europe (CDG, TXL, MUC, BRU, AMS all considered, multi-city routing) for late April/early May 2019. saver awards on UA and partners are largely gone -- am i too late or will these likely open later?
That is not the height of tourist season, so it's very possible that some availability will open up. When I look, I check daily, and usually more than once. Not that I'm obsessive ....
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
That is not the height of tourist season, so it's very possible that some availability will open up. When I look, I check daily, and usually more than once. Not that I'm obsessive ....
i know right. i wish there was a better way to search.

ugh there are 32 seats available on UA 915 on 4/20 and 23 on UA 947 on 5/4, yet no award availability?!

Last edited by xerenthar; Dec 31, 2018 at 12:13 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ugh there are 32 seats available on UA 915 on 4/20 and 23 on UA 947 on 5/4, yet no award availability?!
Most business class travel is purchased much closer to the travel date. (Also, the seat map is a loose indicator of load, at best).

UA has historical data about how well each flight sells. They will open saver availability when the load drops below their projections. Right now, it seems like they’re happy with the sales velocity.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:47 am

Is there a way to set up an alert on Expert Flyer to notify you of such availability opening up?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Is there a way to set up an alert on Expert Flyer to notify you of such availability opening up?
EF can alert for I space but not for IN / PZ / PN
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:15 pm

UA Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners)-when is it released? Ever any business?

i think this is the right thread, but i'm not entirely sure. i'm perplexed. last night, i saw a saver award on 4/20/19 BWI-YYZ-AMS, via AC 7505 connecting to AC 824. today, AC 7505 is missing entirely. that routing shows me earlier flights, but AC 7505 isn't even listed with non-saver awards. the flight is almost empty. what happened?! will i be able to book this via phone? i've seen saver awards vanish, but never an entire flight.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i think this is the right thread, but i'm not entirely sure. i'm perplexed. last night, i saw a saver award on 4/20/19 BWI-YYZ-AMS, via AC 7505 connecting to AC 824. today, AC 7505 is missing entirely. that routing shows me earlier flights, but AC 7505 isn't even listed with non-saver awards. the flight is almost empty. what happened?! will i be able to book this via phone? i've seen saver awards vanish, but never an entire flight.
There’s no such thing as a non-Saver award on a partner airline. If AC7505 no longer has Saver inventory, it won’t appear in search results.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone else noticed that TPAC availability (business saver) is close to nil right now? Searching from now to May and I think it's the worst I've ever seen . . . both UA and *A partners.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone else noticed that TPAC availability (business saver) is close to nil right now? Searching from now to May and I think it's the worst I've ever seen . . . both UA and *A partners.
That and TATL. I've been searching for a Polaris 787-10 route (or 77W) for the last 3 months for three dates in May. Not a single seat. I had an award booked to Asia on AC YYZ-ICN, when I was looking for those flights in Sept (for Mar 2019 travel), I also came across 0 UA seats.

I just searched EVERY SINGLE TATL route on May 3rd and 4th from IAD/EWR to EU and there wasn't a single J saver award available on UA. Plenty of LOT availability (oh goody) and Ethiopian. Found one LH flight (booking with ANA so LH is like $600 one way).

I wish availability was more like AA (or even DL lol). Unfortunately, ANA charges 3K points per change and doesn't allow changes to awards 96 hours prior to departure.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
If memory serves me right, I have never been successful in booking anything decent very early on in the year with United.
They seem to start the year off will full fares only and not much Saver Award choice, and relax this gradually as time goes by.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
That and TATL. I've been searching for a Polaris 787-10 route (or 77W) for the last 3 months for three dates in May. Not a single seat. I had an award booked to Asia on AC YYZ-ICN, when I was looking for those flights in Sept (for Mar 2019 travel), I also came across 0 UA seats.

I just searched EVERY SINGLE TATL route on May 3rd and 4th from IAD/EWR to EU and there wasn't a single J saver award available on UA. Plenty of LOT availability (oh goody) and Ethiopian. Found one LH flight (booking with ANA so LH is like $600 one way).

I wish availability was more like AA (or even DL lol). Unfortunately, ANA charges 3K points per change and doesn't allow changes to awards 96 hours prior to departure.
TATL has been rough, was searching for late april departing US and early may returning and looked in the same I-95 corridor you did. i ended up with EI and KLM bookings.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA metal I space is very rare that far in advance. There's a smattering of EWR-MAN for the summer, but better inventory has always been on partners. I stumbled upon an LX SFO-ZRH yesterday and snapped it up, so there is still some good stuff out there.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
I stumbled upon an LX SFO-ZRH yesterday and snapped it up, so there is still some good stuff out there.
Nice score. That gets released totally randomly.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Indeed -- after my I1 troubles upthread, it seemed far too good to be true and I was shocked when it ticketed in 3 minutes. The nice-looking SK ARN-ORD inbound seems to be all phantom space though
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Indeed -- after my I1 troubles upthread, it seemed far too good to be true and I was shocked when it ticketed in 3 minutes. The nice-looking SK ARN-ORD inbound seems to be all phantom space though
Maybe you'll get really lucky and CPH-SFO will pop open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.