Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:23 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stampchez
Not sure but the availability opened back up this morning and I got it booked!
Congrats
FRA-AUS is an interesting route especially with LH dropping FRA-SJC

Silicon Hills vs Silicon Valley
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Congrats
FRA-AUS is an interesting route especially with LH dropping FRA-SJC

Silicon Hills vs Silicon Valley
FRA-SJC is still going to be cannibalized by FRA-SFO though, which is not a factor with AUS.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
FRA-SJC is still going to be cannibalized by FRA-SFO though, which is not a factor with AUS.
Yes I think LH is hoping AUS is more of a discrete market. SJC has a hard time breaking out of SFO's shadow.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes I think LH is hoping AUS is more of a discrete market. SJC has a hard time breaking out of SFO's shadow.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see the route added. Condor started flying that route in 2017 at 2x per week (seasonal), talked about how great it was selling, went to 3x weekly in 2018.. and dropped it for 2019 on the same day LH made their announcement. Still, 5x weekly year-round is an awful lot of capacity for LH's third nonstop route to Texas...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:54 pm

Does anyone know why there's almost no ANA F seat on SFO-NRT route?
I checked a few months out, nothing....even the next few days, no last minutes seats as well.
Thanks a lot
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I noticed that UA Is showing very few saver J availability in general on international routes. For example, I can hardly find any availability from SFO to HKG, PVG, TPE, and PEK over the next three months. Are other folks expering the same? Has UA reduced premium cabin awards recently?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by naumank
I noticed that UA Is showing very few saver J availability in general on international routes. For example, I can hardly find any availability from SFO to HKG, PVG, TPE, and PEK over the next three months. Are other folks expering the same? Has UA reduced premium cabin awards recently?
LOL. Good luck finding any saver availability, ever.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I noticed that UA Is showing very few saver J availability in general on international routes.
Compared to what? Saver J has been difficult for years. If it's any consolation, this is true across carriers. TPAC (and TATL) premium cabin awards are a challenge in pretty much every program. UA is better than many (and worse than a few).
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
While I can't speak for PVG/TPE/PEK, SFO-HKG is one of the flagship elite heavy routes.

Typically speaking - at least 75% of J seats on that flight are purchase, with extreme limited availability for GPU upgrade (not even miles+co-pay). So why would UA release J award on a route that UA is sure making decent money?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Hi, I was wondering if UA commonly opens up saver award space the few days before a flight? I'm looking to go SFO-NRT on Nov 10. The 1k agent said that 25%+ of Economy is open. Right now there is only the anytime award for 80K. Do you think they'll open saver award space? Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Hi, I was wondering if UA commonly opens up saver award space the few days before a flight? I'm looking to go SFO-NRT on Nov 10. The 1k agent said that 25%+ of Economy is open. Right now there is only the anytime award for 80K. Do you think they'll open saver award space? Thanks for your help!
Generally speaking, yes, but nothing is guaranteed.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:03 pm

Yes, but that flight is pretty heavily booked, with lowest fare class for sale a V. I wouldn't count on UA opening saver award space.

Saver Y is available on both Friday and Sunday.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
LH Business Award Inventory

For the past 2-3 years I’ve had consistent success booking business class saver award seats on LH from LAX or SFO-FRA or MUC-MRS in one direction or the other at anywhere between T-1 to T-7 and at various times of the year, including peak summer (first week of August). But over the last couple of weeks I checked the coming 10 days to see if this pattern still holds and nothing at all has been available on the TATL non-stops. My actual upcoming travel date is the first week of January.

Anybody aware of a change in policy or availability for LH TATL business class saver award seats to the west coast, or who has experienced the same thing?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Compared to what? Saver J has been difficult for years. If it's any consolation, this is true across carriers. TPAC (and TATL) premium cabin awards are a challenge in pretty much every program. UA is better than many (and worse than a few).
Compared with my experience 2015-1H2018. I'm not just talking about UA but also Star Alliance flights. For example, I was always able to find I/Z seats on Eva SFO-TPE on most of the occasions I needed to fly during that period. (I flew to Asia once a month. Although I didn't always use miles, I often upgraded.) Now, I can hardly find any saver J SFO to APAC for the next few months.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Apologies if this has been covered before, but 568 posts are too many to read through, and search doesn't turn up much.

We're trying to put together a family trip late June / Early July for twelve us of to Paris from New York and Boston on particular days. For that many people, we're fine with Economy, but I've been searching over the last six or seven weeks and all that's available is "everyday" economy at 65 or 70K per TATL segment, or 30K trips on partners of +14 hours. It's against my principals (and would sorely dilute) my available miles to pay 70K for an economy flight to Europe. If worse comes to worse, I'm thinking about buying outbound NYC/BOS - CDG flights on Norwegian at a cost of only about $300 and springing for the 70K award flight home (about $500 on Norwegian). But for now, I'm just going to keep checking and hope that some good 30K award options come through and/or the Norwegian fares don't go up drastically. My questions are: will anybody hazard a guess whether decent 30K options (1 connection maximum) are likely to come up? and when? And if they don't, what's the likelihood of not even being able to book seats at 70K? As a gold, my understanding is that can always be done providing the flight isn't sold out. Is that correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.