Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
How do i load that? I’m not seeing how to do that
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lehms
How do i load that? I’m not seeing how to do that
After downloading the update I had to completely logout of the app.
Marschel likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Wow!

Thanks for the tip! I just updated the app and I have expert mode information as others have reported. Very happy…
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM

After downloading the update I had to completely logout of the app.
That didn’t even work for me.

I just deleted the the app and then re-downloaded and logged in, then it worked.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Just found the RBD codes in the app - this awesome! Finally don’t have to use the mobile website and endlessly scroll
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by villox
Just noticed today that the app is now showing expert mode/fare class availability!!
img
Excellent news!!

Did they read my post from the thread, 'What benefits do you wish MP offered'—
Originally Posted by fumje
I would like for the app to offer expert mode in flight search results.

Note: one must have an account with MP to enable expert mode, so I believe this would count as a benefit of MP.
—?

(Also, the fare class inventory is available in android, not only ios. Double )
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: UA MM
A new "bug" on my iOS 12 United app (sorry if it's been posted but I didn't see it):

No ability to select seats on ERJ145 and CRJ200 aircraft when pulling up the reservation. All I get is a message saying it can only be done with a United agent at the airport. Obviously this is false as it works fine on their website. Anyone else see this and is there a solution? Thx.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can upgrade instruments be applied via the app?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Continued issues since iOS 12

i continue to have issues of the app deleting all my reservations. If I go in one hour I see all my trips, set my alerts for today’s flights and leave it st that. I return maybe an hour later or so, all my reservations are gone and I have to reload all my flights and alerts again. Anyone else seeing this? Becoming very annoying
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by LesPaul30
i continue to have issues of the app deleting all my reservations. If I go in one hour I see all my trips, set my alerts for today’s flights and leave it st that. I return maybe an hour later or so, all my reservations are gone and I have to reload all my flights and alerts again. Anyone else seeing this? Becoming very annoying
Once I open the app, the menu doesn't show anything, but the reservations usually come back within a few seconds. It's just delayed for me. Sometimes I have to open the menu to get it to pull the data, but it does show up within a few seconds without me having to reset or logout/log back in or anything like that.

I don't have any flight alerts, though.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So something I don’t think I’ve seen before.

Timetable in the app seems only to show mainline flights now, and completely ignores anything UAX. If only UAX exists, brings a pop up saying (in essence) there are no flights that day. At least on routes I’ve checked.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by windhund
Once I open the app, the menu doesn't show anything, but the reservations usually come back within a few seconds. It's just delayed for me. Sometimes I have to open the menu to get it to pull the data, but it does show up within a few seconds without me having to reset or logout/log back in or anything like that.

I don't have any flight alerts, though.
Try uninstalling the United app and reinstalling from the app store. That solved my issue with the reservations having to redownload every time (at least for now!)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
New bug. No option to add MileagePlus card to Apple Wallet after the recent update?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 2 Million Miler
App won't update on my iPad

United's app won't update on my version 4 iPad, which is running 10.3.3. Apple says I have the current OS. And when I try to update the United app, it loops me back to an older version of the app. But if I try to do anything in the app, it says I have to download the new version of the app.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oldretiredguy
... But if I try to do anything in the app, it says I have to download the new version of the app.
The generic solution these situations is to delete / remove the old app and then install the newer app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.