Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I had my son on an award ticket last night. I used the more options tab on the face plate of the reservation.. you will then be brought to your reservation, then look down for the tab..take another flight..he had many options with a zero dollar change. He is a platinum as well however I booked the ticket from my account. So yes, changing flights on awards do work
I think what you're describing is the same-day change (SDC) flow within T-24, not a standard reservation change
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So my flight was delayed -- apparently that invalidates the (Apple) Wallet boarding pass as well. Is that supposed to happen? I mean, I can still pull up the boarding pass in the United app, but the option to add to Wallet is gone.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:41 pm

App update - changing award flights

I posted this in the Android thread. But the same update was seemingly rolled out to iOS (judging from the changelog). Any of you iOS folks actually try this?

Is there a way to report bugs that UA actually pays attention to? I assume UA would want to fix this one. This is quite a nasty bug - even if it doesn't actually charge the credit card in the end, it seems to get a charge authorization, tying up many thousands of dollars of credit until it falls off.

Originally Posted by shiffzal
There was an app update Dec 14 that enables the ability to change award reservations. So I tried changing a 12.5k award to one that would require 25k miles. The screen showed the proper amounts, but got an error that my credit card was denied. United tried to bill my card for 12,500 DOLLARS, instead of deducting that number of miles! I got an alert from my credit card about the attempted charge which they suspected was fraud.

Anyone else try changing an award? This was on Android but I suspect iOS may behave the same.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by shiffzal
Is there a way to report bugs that UA actually pays attention to?
UA does watch this thread. They contacted me regarding a bug I reported back in October.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by paule123
UA does watch this thread. They contacted me regarding a bug I reported back in October.
UA...the save boarding pass to home screen is not working and hasn’t been working for months. Please fix.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Small thing. On the iPhone X, in the seat map, open F seats are depicted in orange as the size of economy seats, not the larger squares.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle

[QUOTE=Say Vandelay;29197091]Small thing. On the iPhone X, in the seat map, open F seats are depicted in orange as the size of economy seats, not the larger squares.
[/QUOTE

Saw that as well. Also on X I see this...
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Small thing. On the iPhone X, in the seat map, open F seats are depicted in orange as the size of economy seats, not the larger squares.
I noticed that yesterday on my iPhone 6. I know I had an APP update this past weekend.. Other than that I haven't navigated all the much this week.. Happy Holidays! and Safe Travels
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I think this is the right thread but not sure.

Lately the iOS app has been removing reservations from the app whenever I board the last flight of the reservation. If I'm flying east coast - ORD - west coast, as soon as I board ORD to the west coast the reservation is gone. This is particularly annoying when you are trying to use the "Track Bags (beta)" feature. If the reservation no longer appears in the app then the Track Bags feature doesn't know about the current reservation and it won't appear on the list of reservations to track your bags.

Please fix this United. There's no reason to remove a reservation from the app once you board the remaining flight. It should remain for 24 hours like it used to.

Thanks,
RM
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA GS
In addition the app is sluggish to outright not working right now. Same happened yesterday early evening
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
iPhone 6 - app won't allow booking of family member awards

I have always booked award tix for my family with the app. It is much faster than .bomb. But I can no longer select a saved family member, or add a new one. I can only book tix for myself now. This is new in the past few weeks. I updated the app, logged out, and still no go.
There was a nifty glitch in the system that is now gone because of this...
I tried web support, but they do not know anything about apps.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I just checked and do not have this issue at all.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by weezl
I have always booked award tix for my family with the app. It is much faster than .bomb. But I can no longer select a saved family member, or add a new one. I can only book tix for myself now. This is new in the past few weeks. I updated the app, logged out, and still no go.
There was a nifty glitch in the system that is now gone because of this...
I tried web support, but they do not know anything about apps.
I was having this same issue for a week or so but am no longer having the issue. I did run a few updates recently but don’t know which one or ones might have had an impact.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I found out the issue. Prior to the app update, one could simply select from a list of previously-booked travelers. Now, the default is the account holder/app user and that person has a box checked. One must now uncheck the box then check the desired traveler. This then restarts the process of offering extras like E+, checked bags, etc AND RE-ASKS SEAT SELECTION. Dang.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:01 am

This is not a bug, but more of an app question. I am moving and my new airport is going to be NPL which is supported by the UA desktop site, but is not supported by the mobile browser or app. UA does not fly into NPL, but NZ does and UA does sell tickets from NPL on the desktop site. Is there anyway to get around this with the app or will I have to book through the desktop site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.