Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by weibelt
... Is there anyway to get around this with the app or will I have to book through the desktop site? ...
Use the full or mobile site on the phone instead of the app for bookings.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Just curious if anyone was seeing reservations drop off the United app? I checked this morning for a flight on Thursday and saw that the two of the three upcoming reservations were not showing on the app. United.com does display them though. I did close the app a few times, and try again.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:48 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Anyone else notice that if you have multiple itineraries listed that after tapping on the first itinerary, when you return the itinerary list, the order of the list changes?

I looked at both goalie-parents' itineraries where goalie-dad is listed first but when I tap & view it and then return to the list of itineraries, goalie-mom is now listed first

Note that they are both traveling on the same day and the same route as this was originally a two person itinerary split at check-in on the outbound and fwiw, once I log out and then log-in again, the itineraries show in the correct order
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Just curious if anyone was seeing reservations drop off the United app? I checked this morning for a flight on Thursday and saw that the two of the three upcoming reservations were not showing on the app. United.com does display them though. I did close the app a few times, and try again.
just checked, my look fine using the United app on my iPhone
Old May 2, 2018, 12:27 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Noticed this a couple of days ago - Star alliance logo get pushed off the MileagePlus card in the app:

Happens on iPhone and iPad.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mr8
Noticed this a couple of days ago - Star alliance logo get pushed off the MileagePlus card in the app:

Happens on iPhone and iPad.
I see that too, but it looks like the card itself is off-center, and the star logo is just an overlay
Old May 2, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
It's not only the star gold logo my million miler logo is offset as well
Old May 2, 2018, 7:06 pm

Also seeing this on iOS. It's a strange error indeed, but I'm not surprised that it made it through QA
RobOnLI likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:40 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Looks like they fixed the star alliance logo in new update on iOS.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mr8
Looks like they fixed the star alliance logo in new update on iOS.
And how it appears in Apple Wallet as well
Old May 11, 2018, 10:35 pm

Anybody know why the boarding pass does not refresh to reflect the upgrade?

I had a GPU clear on a TPAC, but it still shows my E+ seat (it's been 6+ hrs since the upgrade cleared).

I've tried everything, quit the app, restart/refresh etc
Old May 12, 2018, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Cool, thanks for the heads up! I had to delete and re-add my pass to Wallet for the changes to show up. This is good to know.

This is also the kind of change that would he good to inform customers of... Perhaps in an itemized list or log. A changelog or something .
Old May 12, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by eeflyer
Cool, thanks for the heads up! I had to delete and re-add my pass to Wallet for the changes to show up. This is good to know.

This is also the kind of change that would he good to inform customers of... Perhaps in an itemized list or log. A changelog or something .
At least they still say "Bug Fixes" and itemize new features instead of a generic weekly "We update the app as often as possible...."
jackal likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Originally Posted by goalie

Thank you for adding the part that you need to delete and re-add the pass for it to show up ^ as where I recently turned 60, senior moments are now plentiful as I forgot that part
Old May 23, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Reservations disappearing from UA iOS App

Not sure if anyone else is having this happen, but just checked my UA app on two different iOS devices and 3 of my 5 current reservations were missing. All of them are still showing up on United.com, but just not in the app. Was able to add them back in with the PNR and last name, but this is strange. Not sure what caused those three reservations to disappear all of the sudden...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.