Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Flight status four days out

The iOS app, or at least the iPad version I use, now lets me check the status of a flight I’ve booked four days out: “My Trips,” “View details” under the reservation, “View flight status” on the reservation page. I don’t see this in the Android app or the regular site, and none of these channels lets me check a random flight this far in advance via the flight-status lookup. So in case you all wanted an extra two days to writhe in anxiety over your spot on the upgrade list... enjoy?
Boraxo likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DCA writer
The iOS app, or at least the iPad version I use, now lets me check the status of a flight I’ve booked four days out: “My Trips,” “View details” under the reservation, “View flight status” on the reservation page. I don’t see this in the Android app or the regular site, and none of these channels lets me check a random flight this far in advance via the flight-status lookup. So in case you all wanted an extra two days to writhe in anxiety over your spot on the upgrade list... enjoy?
It is good to know this. If you are really curious about your upgrade standby list, you can play trick with your phone's date. Just move the phone date to your travel date and then open UA App to check flight status. I think that this works for any phone.
Good luck.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am finding that TouchID login on the iPad works very inconsistently. I also don't like that it reverts to entering your PW after one failed. Don't have the issue with any other apps.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: Platinum
First time using the app in over a year, so unfamiliar with the new updates. First of all, my itinerary has a small red triangle 🔺 with an exclamation point. I don’t see any issues with my reservation so far. I had a mechanical last night necessitating a rebooking to tomorrow morning, if that’s helpful.

Also, why doesn’t the push notification button work sometimes? Is this a known bug?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankmu
First time using the app in over a year, so unfamiliar with the new updates. First of all, my itinerary has a small red triangle 🔺 with an exclamation point. I don’t see any issues with my reservation so far. I had a mechanical last night necessitating a rebooking to tomorrow morning, if that’s helpful.

Also, why doesn’t the push notification button work sometimes? Is this a known bug?
I have this question too. I had kind of decided it just didn't work at all, and then a couple weeks ago I tried it again and it did, but then a few days after that I tried it yet again, and it didn't work. (Also problems for Android.)
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankmu
Does the website give any additional information when viewing the trip?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Does the website give any additional information when viewing the trip?
Thanks for reminding me there’s a website 😅! Nothing unusual there, fortunately.

Coincidentally, I got a text from UA as I was reading your reply. Looks like my second leg is filling up. Maybe looking for me to move to another flight? I should read up on VDB’s next 😀
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Your ticket may be out of sync due to the rebooking. You may be on a MAX. You should call and an agent can give you the disclosures related to your specific record. Be sure to ask if your ticket is out of sync. Easy fix, and avoids trouble at check-in.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Your ticket may be out of sync due to the rebooking. You may be on a MAX. You should call and an agent can give you the disclosures related to your specific record. Be sure to ask if your ticket is out of sync. Easy fix, and avoids trouble at check-in.
Thanks for the advice! I called (30 minute hold), reservations said nothing looks unusual. Also asked if ticket was out of sync. I guess I will cross my fingers and hope for the best tomorrow.
Old May 19, 2021, 10:47 am

Using the app for the first time in a year-plus. Recently booked a couple of flights for this weekend. Now, whenever I launch the iPad app, I get a message saying “We’re sorry, something went wrong.” I tap Continue and then everything works perfectly normally. But it happens every time I launch the app.

There is no similar glitch with the iPhone app, just iPad.
Old May 19, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Using the app for the first time in a year-plus. Recently booked a couple of flights for this weekend. Now, whenever I launch the iPad app, I get a message saying “We’re sorry, something went wrong.” I tap Continue and then everything works perfectly normally. But it happens every time I launch the app.

I had the same issue on mine and my wife's iPads for some time. Ended up deleting the app on both and reinstalling it, which fixed the issue. Not sure why this was happening.
Old May 19, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I randomly experience that also. It was really bad a few versions back and has improved but no clue what causes it.
Old May 19, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi

this happens on my iPhone as well as my iPad
Old May 19, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Speaking of the United app …

http://www.pcmag.com/news/these-apps...ttery-the-most
Old May 19, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
this happens on my iPhone as well as my iPad
I’ve been experiencing the same on my iPhone of late (last few weeks or so) didn’t cause any issues I just ignored the pop-up and pressed OK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.