Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Flight is definitely oversold -- all inventory is zero, Standby list shows both cabins FULLL, EF shows all seats as assigned or blocked
Same with earlier UA4559
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by fumje
I think it's just significantly over in Y, i.e. over by at least 5, and so the blocked count gets obscured by "FULL". When that happens, I'm not used to seeing the app say checked in full, though. In this case I'd trust the website.
Thanks. I thought it would usually show (1 + 5 blocked) in that case. But been awhile since I have seen it. Do they still do that? Or is this the new normal?

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Flight is definitely oversold -- all inventory is zero, Standby list shows both cabins FULLL, EF shows all seats as assigned or blocked
Same with earlier UA4559
Thanks. There was a page during check in, asking if I wanted to volunteer. Couldn't figure out a way to actually get on the list, though not really all that interested. Would have to be a BIG cert offer.

Website is still showing full, but only 1 checked in. Interesting to see how it pans out at the airport. At least my upgrade doesn't appear to be all together dead.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks. I thought it would usually show (1 + 5 blocked) in that case. But been awhile since I have seen it. Do they still do that? Or is this the new normal?.
The app will show booked: x(+y blocked) until x+y=capacity, and then it will change to just saying FULL. The website will just show x+y.
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 20, 2022 at 1:02 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
The app will show booked: x(+y blocked) until x+y=capacity, and then it will change to just saying FULL. The website will just show x+y.
Interesting. Thanks. Website still not showing X+Y, just "FULL", but no matter.

Also noticed apparently the plane is being ferried into CVG from MCO, no passengers.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also noticed apparently the plane is being ferried into CVG from MCO, no passengers.
Ah sorry, that was unclear. Website will show only ever show the sum of x+y rather than x(+y blocked). The special case is when x+y=capacity in which case both web & app show FULL.

Interesting that it's being ferried in. Is the Thursday(?) night storm still affecting ops at CVG? Or is everyone simply fleeing?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah sorry, that was unclear. Website will show only ever show the sum of x+y rather than x(+y blocked). The special case is when x+y=capacity in which case both web & app show FULL.

Interesting that it's being ferried in. Is the Thursday(?) night storm still affecting ops at CVG? Or is everyone simply fleeing?
Looks like they got a few people off the flight and backed off the blocking. So you can now see the difference I was describing.

app
web

Curious that the checked-in count is accurately back down to 1 in the app.

I think the flight is back to within capacity, once they clear upgrades at least. These situations always get my hopes up for VDB and then don't pan out. But good luck if you go for it!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like they got a few people off the flight and backed off the blocking. So you can now see the difference I was describing.

app

web

Curious that the checked-in count is accurately back down to 1 in the app.

I think the flight is back to within capacity, once they clear upgrades at least. These situations always get my hopes up for VDB and then don't pan out. But good luck if you go for it!
At CVG now. Been checking occasionally, and yes now see the x+y display. When I stopped by the counter to print my boarding pass, they said it was still oversold. But this is a work trip, so doubt a VDB would be possible for me anyway, but thanks for the good wishes.

And just got pinged that the ferry flight is coming in late, so now we are slightly delayed.

My track record lately with United flights has been in the toilet. Every flight has been delayed lately, usually hours late.
If this keeps to 20 minutes, I will count it as on time. And looks promising to at least get the upgrade now...
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cannot keep logged-in; Any similar experiecne out there?
Upon reopening app I can view my trips, but need to re-login if I want to change an itinerary or buy a new ticket.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
For a long time maybe as much as 2 years or so - I get this "We're sorry, something went wrong" error every time I open the United app on iOS. I've logged out and logged back in. I have obviously upgraded iOS versions and checked for app updates. I've deleted the app & reinstalled. Its not impactful, but just annoying and I guess I can't believe its been happening for 2 years. Is this unique to me somehow?

UA iOS error on load

Last edited by BallardFlyer; Dec 30, 2022 at 4:36 pm Reason: clarity and better screenshot
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Currently getting an error trying to save a boarding pass to Apple wallet
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by United747
Same but I thought it might have to do with me being out of the US (not that it should). My airport probably requires paper BPs and I have to check a bag (ugh) so may not be a huge deal for me. Plus the BPs are available via the app itself.

-RM
Old Jun 30, 2023, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Same but I thought it might have to do with me being out of the US (not that it should). My airport probably requires paper BPs and I have to check a bag (ugh) so may not be a huge deal for me. Plus the BPs are available via the app itself.

-RM
Mine’s wholly domestic (and no SSSS, it indicates pre)
Old Jun 30, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Make sure you’re not using a VPN while trying to do it, also sometimes Time and Date discrepancies between a vendor and the device can cause this. Obviously, restart the APP, but also sometimes just rebooting the phone will fix it.

You can sign out and back into appleID, but also just going into Apple ID, going into your account will often ask for a reconfirmation of your password (this means you don’t have to sign out and back in again) and that can correct this.

These are the usual suspects.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Make sure you’re not using a VPN while trying to do it, also sometimes Time and Date discrepancies between a vendor and the device can cause this. Obviously, restart the APP, but also sometimes just rebooting the phone will fix it.

You can sign out and back into appleID, but also just going into Apple ID, going into your account will often ask for a reconfirmation of your password (this means you don’t have to sign out and back in again) and that can correct this.

These are the usual suspects.
Thanks - it ended up working on its own. It must have been surprised that I missed my CPU (first miss since Jan, I think…)
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Thanks - it ended up working on its own. It must have been surprised that I missed my CPU (first miss since Jan, I think…)
We’re all celebrating with a tiny violin emoji, wait a minute I’m looking for it.
United747 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.