Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find it interesting that I experience some problems on my iPad but not on my iPhone. For example the "Where is this aircraft currently?" map does not work on the iPad but has no issues on the iPhone.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I don't have an issue with an app using storage - there's plenty of that on devices these days. A lot of content in the United app is locally stored so it works when you're not connected to a network. Airport maps are especially complex. In my experience when I check for apps that use battery, it is the social media apps which this article correctly points out.

For misbehaving apps, I have found a delete and reinstall often resolves the issue.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I can't seem to get push notifications to stick in flight status on the iPhone app. It stays on for a little while and then I check back after a couple of hours and it's no longer selected. Any tips? Thanks!
Old May 31, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I can't seem to get push notifications to stick in flight status on the iPhone app. It stays on for a little while and then I check back after a couple of hours and it's no longer selected. Any tips? Thanks!

I’m glad you mentioned that. I noticed the same a few weeks ago when I was traveling. I couldn’t seem to get it to work (I would toggle, but the next time I logged in it was off)
Old May 31, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I’m glad you mentioned that. I noticed the same a few weeks ago when I was traveling. I couldn’t seem to get it to work (I would toggle, but the next time I logged in it was off)
Hope there's a way in the app to provide feedback to the developers in detecting such an error.

David
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Hope there's a way in the app to provide feedback to the developers in detecting such an error.

David
Yes there is.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by TomMM
Yes there is.
Where do we find it?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where do we find it?
Select “More” at the bottom of the screen then scroll down to “Submit Feedback “. I’ve used it a few times.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Excited to be back flying again this week and it looks like the push notifications slider won't stay selected for any of my upcoming flights. Any workaround?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 2, 2021 at 6:18 pm Reason: moved to prior discussion thread
Old Jun 2, 2021, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
Excited to be back flying again this week and it looks like the push notifications slider won't stay selected for any of my upcoming flights. Any workaround?
wow, I believe I posted earlier in this thread, but I can’t find it now. A few weeks ago when I was traveling I would try to toggle on for push notifications. However it wouldn’t stick and every time you would go back into the app it was off. Someone replied and mentioned if you go to the bottom of the app to more there’s a way of contacting the IT department to make a suggestion
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
David

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 2, 2021 at 6:19 pm Reason: cleanup after merge; thanks for the link
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Anyone getting error message when trying to subscribe to push? Just gives me pop up error that one can close, but push not activated. (iPhone app, latest iOS/app)
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
Anyone getting error message when trying to subscribe to push? Just gives me pop up error that one can close, but push not activated. (iPhone app, latest iOS/app)
Yep. Maybe it will start working again soon.
drewguy likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Have a weird one I am trying to figure out. Flight UA3666 today CVG->EWR

App shows upgrade list as "Full" with all 6 checked in. But seat map shows 5 unassigned seats in First. Can't think of how this is possible other then an error of some type.

I checked the website. Shows same seat map, but only 1 checked in. I guess that is possible, though unlikely that 5 passengers in First haven't selected a seat.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Have a weird one I am trying to figure out. Flight UA3666 today CVG->EWR

App shows upgrade list as "Full" with all 6 checked in. But seat map shows 5 unassigned seats in First. Can't think of how this is possible other then an error of some type.

img
img

I checked the website. Shows same seat map, but only 1 checked in. I guess that is possible, though unlikely that 5 passengers in First haven't selected a seat.
I think it's just significantly over in Y, i.e. over by at least 5, and so the blocked count gets obscured by "FULL". When that happens, I'm not used to seeing the app say checked in full, though. In this case I'd trust the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.