Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
Happened to me yesterday and 1k told me the easy solution, no need to delete cookies. Go to www.united.com/en/us Log in on the right, your regular data will show. That's it. Your old bookmark will go to the new site.

Last edited by sgfood; Aug 2, 2018 at 10:43 am Reason: addition
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sgfood
Happened to me yesterday and 1k told me the easy solution. Go to www.united.com/en/us Log in on the right, your regular data will show. That's it. Your old bookmark will go to the new site.
Clear UAL cookies first, then https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/ to log into old website.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Clear UAL cookies first, then https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/ to log into old website.
Just edited my post. No need to clear cookies and leave out 'ual' .
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
App won't show flight status under "My Flights" for through flights.

I'm booked West Coast to East Coast via DEN. Flight number is the same but the equipment is a swap in DEN. The "My Flights" under flight status shows me as having no upcoming flights.

I have to manually type in the flight number and select each individual flight segment to see the flight status that I want.

-RM
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
For a few seconds when I first relogged into the app yesterday, which I also have to do regularly with iOS beta, it said my next reservation on the drop down was for CLE (it isn't). When you open the reservation it was fine and then the drop down get corrected. Today when I logged in the reservation was gone. It is also awkward trying to hit the sign in button with the keyboard open on iPhone X.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:27 pm

Recent attempts to change reservations or book tickets through the app (iOS) open mobile website in a built-in web browser. Much less convenient than a built-in change or booking flow that was in the app previously.

Is this a new app design? Something I am doing?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Notifications

I'm having an issue with my app. On my iPhone when I look at the United app I'll see the little red number one, however when I press on the United logo no message appears. However, when I first turn on the phone the little message bar pops up but I can't read it because it only stays there for a split second and I don't know how to find it again. Hope I'm explaining this well and curious if any others are having the same issue. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I'm having an issue with my app. On my iPhone when I look at the United app I'll see the little red number one, however when I press on the United logo no message appears. However, when I first turn on the phone the little message bar pops up but I can't read it because it only stays there for a split second and I don't know how to find it again. Hope I'm explaining this well and curious if any others are having the same issue. Thanks in advance
swipe down from the top of the screen on any app to bring up the systemwide notification history. Can you see the alert there? Have you taken any flights recently? My app shows the red “1” once I get a boarding alert, and then the 1 persists for quite a while after the flight with no obvious way to see the alert in the app or clear the 1.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by prometa

swipe down from the top of the screen on any app to bring up the systemwide notification history. Can you see the alert there? Have you taken any flights recently? My app shows the red “1” once I get a boarding alert, and then the 1 persists for quite a while after the flight with no obvious way to see the alert in the app or clear the 1.
Yes, that's the funny thing. When I swipe down from the top nothing appears however a pop up bar comes up for a second when I first look at the app and disappears like within two seconds and I can't even read the bar, I flew yesterday had several alerts, and when I swipe down now there's no notification history as well and any of the alerts I was unable to read. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My mobile boarding Pass had a green/blue color. Never seen this before. Any clue why?

Its ams-Iah-sfo

They replied on twitter:

​​​​​​​Hi, Thomas. We are currently working on improving our boarding process. With this comes a change with how mobile boarding passes are displayed. A color is associated with each boarding group to make it easier for our passengers to know what group they're in. ^AD

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 16, 2018 at 12:05 pm Reason: merged update / consecutive posts by same member
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
A large subdiscussion has been moved to iPhone IOS12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: UA MM, Marriott Gold
Here is my situation - purchased flight this morning, then used iPhone to check in - went very smoothly as usual, even got a instant upgrade. At the end however, only an option to have boarding pass emailed to me ? No mobile pass anywhere. Tried to check in again - same result ?

Not a crisis for sure, just curious what might have happened.?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA GS
Just noticed today that the app is now showing expert mode/fare class availability!!
pushmyredbutton and narvik like this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by villox
Just noticed today that the app is now showing expert mode/fare class availability!!
Why did it take them so long. This works great. Hated having to go to the mobile website just for expert mode.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Yep I just noticed it too. This is a change I like. Mine shows award/upgrade classes too (PN, PZ etc.)

Last edited by expressboy; Nov 10, 2018 at 9:24 pm Reason: Screenshot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.