Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:42 pm

This is for a flight in January...

Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Anyone have recent experience with the in-flight, wi-fi based entertainment through the app?

We are a family of four flying EWR-TPA this Saturday, with three Kindles and a Samsung phone, planning to use them all to tap the into the in-flight, wi-fi based entertainment through the app.

Any comments or suggestions?

TIA!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JohnneeO
Anyone have recent experience with the in-flight, wi-fi based entertainment through the app?

We are a family of four flying EWR-TPA this Saturday, with three Kindles and a Samsung phone, planning to use them all to tap the into the in-flight, wi-fi based entertainment through the app.

TIA!
Just make sure you have the latest version downloaded and you might want a USB hub or battery packs for charging all those devices.

I’m assuming you’re talking about one of the Kindle models that runs Android apps.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JohnneeO

TIA!
With kids, I don't count on the IFE systems, wifi or seatback, being functional and always bring predownloaded shows on the tablets.

There is also a thread on the Android app:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...solidated.html
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
When are seat changes locked out?

Apologies if this has been answered before, but what is the witching hour after which you can no longer use the app to change your seat assignment? Is it:
  1. After you have completed OLCI?
  2. After the gate takes control?
  3. After you have scanned your BP at the gate?
Just asking because on a flight yesterday I thought I had a bank of 3 E+ seats all to myself, but after scanning my BP and while walking onto the plane, I refreshed the app and saw that the other two seats were now assigned to stand-bys (NRSAs, not that it matters). Tried to move my seat to another bank where only one seat was occupied, but app wouldn't permit it.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seenitall
Apologies if this has been answered before, but what is the witching hour after which you can no longer use the app to change your seat assignment? Is it:
  1. After you have completed OLCI?
  2. After the gate takes control?
  3. After you have scanned your BP at the gate?
Just asking because on a flight yesterday I thought I had a bank of 3 E+ seats all to myself, but after scanning my BP and while walking onto the plane, I refreshed the app and saw that the other two seats were now assigned to stand-bys (NRSAs, not that it matters). Tried to move my seat to another bank where only one seat was occupied, but app wouldn't permit it.
After the flight goes to gate control.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
With the latest update, when I want to see the seat map on flight status on my iPhone SE, the plane is so enlarged that a widebody's A, B and possibly C seats are now beyond the bottom of the screen!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
With the latest update, when I want to see the seat map on flight status on my iPhone SE, the plane is so enlarged that a widebody's A, B and possibly C seats are now beyond the bottom of the screen!
Yeah, I noticed this too on my SE. Seat maps are fine when changing seats, though. I submitted a bug report. Probably an easy fix.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:30 am

I saw the press release and reports above that the late October update brought the ability to change existing reservations in the app. Anyone have success with it? Able to change award flights?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dfny36
I saw the press release and reports above that the late October update brought the ability to change existing reservations in the app. Anyone have success with it? Able to change award flights?
I think all reservations show the “Change flight” button. When you try to change an award flight it opens the change flight page in Safari. I think it only works in-app with some paid flights so far.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Not able to view reservations or reserve flights: message to update app

My reservations come up in the list but when I try to see one I get a message that I need to update the app. The same thing happens when I try to make a flight reservation.

I have updated the app. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. Happens on both my iPhone (5) and iPad Pro.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:31 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Yeah, I noticed this too on my SE. Seat maps are fine when changing seats, though. I submitted a bug report. Probably an easy fix.
Same on my iPhone. A week-plus later and still not fixed...Annoying! Now the opposite is true on the iPad app—that used to fill the whole screen, now it’s only about half...It's like they swapped the code between the iPhone and iPad apps.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
iOS app update

united app update has a United wallet card!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Is there any way to get the app to just remember my phone number when checking in? It always prompts me for traveler contact information.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by getagb
I think all reservations show the “Change flight” button. When you try to change an award flight it opens the change flight page in Safari. I think it only works in-app with some paid flights so far.
I had my son on an award ticket last night. I used the more options tab on the face plate of the reservation.. you will then be brought to your reservation, then look down for the tab..take another flight..he had many options with a zero dollar change. He is a platinum as well however I booked the ticket from my account. So yes, changing flights on awards do work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.