Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2023, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Can’t seem to see an option to add my Boarding Pass to my Apple Wallet. Is this no longer an option? I swear I did it for my September trip. TIA
You now need to swipe up to find the add to wallet link.

cross-refs:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35713189-post1098.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35754626-post1107.html
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Appreciate the help! Still no luck. The boarding pass lights up like a Christmas tree but tried dragging up. Down. Left. Right. No luck. Bugs me! iOS 16. Maybe that’s the problem. Oh well. I like paper boarding passes anyway. Thanks for trying!
Old Nov 25, 2023, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Appreciate the help! Still no luck. The boarding pass lights up like a Christmas tree but tried dragging up. Down. Left. Right. No luck. Bugs me! iOS 16. Maybe that’s the problem. Oh well. I like paper boarding passes anyway. Thanks for trying!
It is hidden in the tab below. You have to swipe up on the gray bar (I added a red line pointing to it).

Last edited by fumje; Nov 27, 2023 at 7:34 am
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:14 am

Fumje - thanks SO very much for this illustration . . unfortunately I don' thave that gray bar below the pass . . .
Despite showing TRAVEL READY on the app - it does not show up on this boarding pass.
Boarding pass is surrounded by a green line - maybe it's the iOS equivalent of SSSS?
And I didn't do Bag Drop but can't imagine that would make a difference.
Will report back to see if they let me on the plane! Or what the green line means?
Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fumje - thanks SO very much for this illustration . . unfortunately I don' thave that gray bar below the pass . . .
Despite showing TRAVEL READY on the app - it does not show up on this boarding pass.
Boarding pass is surrounded by a green line - maybe it's the iOS equivalent of SSSS?
And I didn't do Bag Drop but can't imagine that would make a difference.
Will report back to see if they let me on the plane! Or what the green line means?
Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

img

Interesting. The green bar means you registered your checked bag already and can use the "bag drop shortcut" (also annotated).

I don't know if the missing tab could be ios version related. I wouldn't think so, but the screenshot is from ios 17. So maybe. The ua app itself was last updated 12 nov.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 11:09 am

Could be iOS 16/17 related? I tend to be slow with my updates (old iPhone) to see how it affects things. And with hours to go before my trip I’m not going to risk it. Always seem to lose some passwords or it triggers 2FA and I can’t deal with those issues while out of the country.

I did say I had 1 bag - seems like you can’t check in w/o telling them. But I haven’t had good luck using the kiosks. Plus, I want to see how heavy it is!

thanks much for your help. Much appreciated. I DID Google!
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I wish we could reorder the favorite airports. It lists them with newest favorite at top. Even within favorites there is a hierarchy for most people. Let me know if there is a way.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I wish we could reorder the favorite airports. It lists them with newest favorite at top. Even within favorites there is a hierarchy for most people. Let me know if there is a way.
It used to at least sort oldest to newest until an update earlier this year.

Really annoying since I find myself now almost always needing to type in my most searched airports since they’re in some random spot further down in the recents list.
SPN Lifer and CApreppie like this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:20 pm

At IAD now (not impressed). Can’t put next two boarding passes into the wallet. But no green bar on the pass this time.

Also, my TSA Pre number disappeared from my record - luckily I have the number written down.

BNA is not recognizable. It’s mammoth and bright - except for the A gates that UA used. Awful.

FWIW I did get the boarding pass for my LH connecting flight. But haven’t downloaded the LH app on my phone. Guess I’ll check in “old school”.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 6:06 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I’ve noticed when I’m doing a search for business awards on the app… each time I scroll down, the columns slide back to showing me economy. Anybody know anyway around this?
hurnik likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 7:37 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I had an odd one over the weekend where I went to change my seat. The app kept saying that "Group reservations can only be changed by the organizer." Hmm, it was a one-way itin I booked for myself, as myself? I was never able to get it to change; fine, I got a window instead of an aisle in F for a 3 hour flight. No big deal, and I suppose I could have chased down a CSR to get them to change my seat (by the time we got to the gate, someone had already snagged the aisle).

The return trip itin (a separate one-way) showed me on the upgrade list as having cleared, with my correct seat assignment displayed above the waitlist... although I was in paid F (a Z fare) to begin with.

Originally Posted by Ericka
I’ve noticed when I’m doing a search for business awards on the app… each time I scroll down, the columns slide back to showing me economy. Anybody know anyway around this?
Sadly, I haven't found a fix for that and would welcome one as well.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Ericka
I’ve noticed when I’m doing a search for business awards on the app… each time I scroll down, the columns slide back to showing me economy.
Same for paid business. Really annoying. Seems to happen more when PE cabin is an option.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.