Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Did an SDC via the app and it prompted me to enter full credit card info for the $75 fee. Sort of annoying. Seems to me the app knows my credit card info for other purchases, so why doesn't it remember for SDC?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
iOS update

Version 2.1.26

anybody know what the “bug fixes” are?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Not sure if I’ve seen it mentioned here, or if it’s even new, but You can use ApplePay to pay for tickets now bought through the app. Used the other payment methods link the other day to see if they might have by chance, allowed ETC use, and saw that option.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
When will they get rid of the ridiculous pop-up "United data services are currently unavailable"?!?! Just put it in red text on the screen. Pop-ups are absurd and should NEVER be used in an application, period. You can't do anything else until you click OK.

This has been reported so many times and would be one of the easiest bugs to fix.

-RM
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Did an SDC through the app last week - was prompted to enter my full credit card information to pay the $75 fee. My CC info is already stored in my profile and I can buy revenue tickets in the app without typing that info - why is the SDC process asking me to input all that info again?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:08 pm

Single digit seat numbers now have a leading zero, e.g., 3A is now 03A.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by radiowell
Single digit seat numbers now have a leading zero, e.g., 3A is now 03A.
Same on Android app.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Ability to change reservation on iOS app now

Some can be done in the app, but others take you to the desktop version rather than allowing it from the iOS.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: Platinum
New updates. Ability to change reservations. MP card, Club card now available in Apple Wallet.

I wonder if the LH lounge dragon will accept them as proof of *Gold, or will we still need a physical card?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by frankmu
New updates. Ability to change reservations. MP card, Club card now available in Apple Wallet.

I wonder if the LH lounge dragon will accept them as proof of *Gold, or will we still need a physical card?
I couldn’t change any reservations. Each of them just redirected me to the desktop site. Still handy, but...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by villox
I couldn’t change any reservations. Each of them just redirected me to the desktop site. Still handy, but...
I noticed that after I posted the comment
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
There is no *G logo on the Wallet card.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:14 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by gusd
There is no *G logo on the Wallet card.
Yup and I wonder how many reports there will be of folks being denied lounge entry at partner lounges because of that
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
Yup and I wonder how many reports there will be of folks being denied lounge entry at partner lounges because of that
not sure how much the logo matters. While certainly a visual cue, and nice to see, lounges scan folks in because that’s how they record the entry and can get paid. Typically, it’s with a BP and I haven’t needed a card - I don’t think I’ve been asked at a UA or partner lounge in several years. Even if you did need it, it probably depends what info. Is actually in the bar code. It may just transmit the carrier and FF#, and match the status in the system to grant you entry. Not sure if that’s how it works, but certainly could make sense to be able to tell in real time (so that if you lost status, for example, it would know not to let you in, even if the card displays a status). If it’s supposed to be encoded in the barcode, it could still be, even if the logo isn’t displaying properly.

Ill be at an MLL next weekend, though I doubt I’ll test there - while it was typical for MLL to always requests card for me when in Y in, maybe 2012 or so, it’s been years - a BP is all that’s been needed for the last few years - at least IME.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
After yesterday’s update, the app now freezes up if I try to view my MP card...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.