Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Has anyone been successful in getting the iPad app to function in landscape mode as every time I launch it, it starts in landscape mode and then flips itself back to portrait mode
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by goalie
Has anyone been successful in getting the iPad app to function in landscape mode as every time I launch it, it starts in landscape mode and then flips itself back to portrait mode
I'm using v.2.1.15 (released yesterday) in landscape mode right now on my 9.7" iPad Pro running iOS 10.2.1, works fine. I've changed the orientation of the device several times, and the app always recognizes the switch. It's not a great design -- it's clear they simply repurposed the phone assets rather than creating a discrete tablet UI -- but it's better than a scaled-up phone app.

I've found that some apps get stuck on one orientation if the iPad is rotated when another app is in the foreground, so it's possible that's what's going on in your case. Deleting and reinstalling it should clear up the problem.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
Tried to purchase a ticket with Apple Pay yesterday and it said I needed to be using a US card to use Apple Pay (it was indeed a US card, with my correct US billing address). Has anyone successfully used Apple Pay in the app?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:22 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Originally Posted by goalie
I'm using v.2.1.15 (released yesterday) in landscape mode right now on my 9.7" iPad Pro running iOS 10.2.1, works fine. I've changed the orientation of the device several times, and the app always recognizes the switch. It's not a great design -- it's clear they simply repurposed the phone assets rather than creating a discrete tablet UI -- but it's better than a scaled-up phone app.

I've found that some apps get stuck on one orientation if the iPad is rotated when another app is in the foreground, so it's possible that's what's going on in your case. Deleting and reinstalling it should clear up the problem.
I've had the problems ever since the "iPad app" came out and even after deleting and re-installing the app serval times (including the update which came out yesterday), the only thing i can think of is that I'm on an iPad2 which is running iOS 9.3.5 and can't be updated to iOS10
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: 1MM UA Gold
Safari on iPhone stopped working for Flyertalk

Pretty sure this is the wrong thread, but not sure where my question should go.

A week or two ago the mobile interface to Flyertalk became quite flaky, pushing Safari on my iPhone into the full site--sometimes only partially loaded. This seemed to clear up after a few days.

A day or two ago, the Flyertalk site became inaccessible to Safari on my iPhone--pages start to load, then just hang. Other websites work fine. I've rebooted the phone, no joy. Any hints?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by theise
Pretty sure this is the wrong thread, but not sure where my question should go.

A week or two ago the mobile interface to Flyertalk became quite flaky, pushing Safari on my iPhone into the full site--sometimes only partially loaded. This seemed to clear up after a few days.

A day or two ago, the Flyertalk site became inaccessible to Safari on my iPhone--pages start to load, then just hang. Other websites work fine. I've rebooted the phone, no joy. Any hints?
Same problem, I started a thread on this earlier today in the support thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...s-devices.html
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Has anyone been able to use a Nexus 5X to play United's inflight entertainment?

I have tried on a few different devices, and I am told that the device is not supported.
If that's the case, is there a way around this?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:45 pm

Stupid nonexistent "Coach" class

To explain the title, it has been well reported that there is a IT bug, when your reservation shows "Coach" where it should be "United Economy" or "United First" or higher. I used to think this was minor annoyance, until I tried to purchase a ticker on the app (just because I was too lazy to open a laptop ). I found a great P fare, but it said "Coach," albeit with a meal, so I know that it was really First. But then in the process of trying to select a seat, it blocks all F seats and let me know that I have complementary access to E+ thanks to my status

I fired up my laptop right away and completed my purchase on the website. No problems there.

Just a caution, for all I know it may not be a big deal, but didn't want to take a chance.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not sure if this has been addressed in the nearly 1,000 posts so far on the thread, but I find an issue where the iOS United App spontaneously quits (crashes) while attempting to search for fares/availability for multi-city itineraries. If I load up a multi-city itinerary and search for availability, the app works fine. Then, when I go back and attempt to change the date on the first segment, as soon as I tap on the date field, the app crashes and quits.

I do a LOT of trip research relative to the actual amount of flying that I do ("every trip a well planned trip"), so this has happened to me on numerous occasions, through several phone resets, etc., so far. UA iOS app version 2.1.16 on iOS 10.2.1.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Basic economy search now enabled in App

Just noticed that there is an option to turn on searches for BE fares in the app. Though as only few routes have BE fares filed, wonder if this is a part of their broader rollout.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but for quite a while now (since iPhone5 screen expansion?), the resolution of the United app icon in the App Store is significantly higher than on the home screen once downloaded.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but for quite a while now (since iPhone5 screen expansion?), the resolution of the United app icon in the App Store is significantly higher than on the home screen once downloaded.
Nope, I'm seeing a retina icon on the home screens of both my iPhone 6 and IPad Pro. It may just be a corrupted icon file cached on your device. Deleting and redownloading it should do the trick.

(If we're not talking about the same thing though, note that the icon used for display in the App Store is not the same asset as the app icon itself. Some developers choose to use a totally different image.)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
There used to be an option to see the accruals on a reservation but I can no longer see it on the app..
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
(If we're not talking about the same thing though, note that the icon used for display in the App Store is not the same asset as the app icon itself. Some developers choose to use a totally different image.)
Yes, I believe this is the case. While they are both the globe, the icon resolution in the App Store looks much higher than the home screen.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ordflyer18
There used to be an option to see the accruals on a reservation but I can no longer see it on the app..

i noticed the the same thing. Have to go to .com to see accruals now. That's a pain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.