Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
Very Good App

I'm Glad To Finally See It. Been Enjoying All The Gizmos That Go With Something Like This. Great Job. Joe G. p.s. - I Will Miss The iCenter App That Worked Quite Well While United Didn't Have One Of Their Own. Thanks!! JG
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
On UAL.com today a COS-DEN-COS flight was priced at $137 plus taxes. Testing booking via the iPhone app, the same itin was over $500.

Originally Posted by goriajk
=I Will Miss The iCenter App That Worked Quite Well While United Didn't Have One Of Their Own.
It still works for me, and I still use it.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Anyone else having problems getting their boarding pass to display in the new ap? Everything works but no boarding pass ever shows up.

Last edited by hans; Aug 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:03 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Looks like the CO app for the iPhone is no more. The latest update to the CO app replaces it with a screen that says "download the United app here"
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Looks like the CO app for the iPhone is no more. The latest update to the CO app replaces it with a screen that says "download the United app here"
Perhaps...but I clicked "I'll download later" and everything seems to be there. Just did a book flight search, and it seems to be working.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:35 pm

True, but a portent of things to come, no?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:29 pm

True, but a portent of things to come, no?
I can imagine the backend for the CO app is pretty much the same with UA with just some "tweaks" just on the frontend.

I will keep both for now.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
Has anyone had the upgrade wait-list function work on an international flight?
I just did LAX-SYD and that function never worked.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Yes - the main problem with this for me is that I have to log out and back in to see my OnePass account and reservations or MileagePlus account and reservations.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold

Thanks for the warning, keeping the CO app as is.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: UA
Finally... this seems to work great
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by duck_77
One comments is on "Code Share" flights

For example:

Continental Flight Number (Operated by CO) shows delay by 30 mins

United Flight Number (Same flight as above) shows on time (No delay)

This needs to be corrected.
I suspect this is related to the fact that the flight data is coming from 2 separate databases; a CO operated flight will show the correct status on CO's system, but the UA codeshare will not be updated on UA's system.

Example: At the end of June, I got IRROPed by UA going ORD-PHL. The only possibility to get back to the east coast that night was a delayed CO flight going into EWR. When I tried to get the UA agent to rebook me under the UA codeshare flight number, she said the flight had taken off on-time; I showed her the flight status on CO's app, and had to BEG her to call the gate to confirm the flight was still there (which it was).

This isn't going to go away until the merged airline has a unified IT setup.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by edcho
Did you check-in? Your name usually doesn't pop up until you do OLCI. Generally, those names listed there (greater than 24 hours) are probably connecting flights from overseas or something of that nature.
So is this a way to see where you stand on the waitlist short of the "big board" at the gate?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
So is this a way to see where you stand on the waitlist short of the "big board" at the gate?
Yes -- atleast for CO metals.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by fedup flyer
Has anyone had the upgrade wait-list function work on an international flight?
I just did LAX-SYD and that function never worked.
Yes. Worked SFO-HKG-SFO last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.