Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:14 pm

Looks horrible on my iPad! Why can't you make one for the iPad?!!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by JFKflyer26
Looks horrible on my iPad! Why can't you make one for the iPad?!!
They didn't make one for CO. They didn't put much effort into this app as they just plopped a new label onto this app (it is basically the CO app with a few minor chances).

Hopefully they will upgrade the app after integration is over and make it all nice and pretty. I rather have them focus on the actual underlying system integration issues/bugs instead.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
I don't like the mobile boarding pass on this app because it doesn't clearly show UNITED FIRST or *G or what have you, and may prove difficult when showing your cabin of service or status in the PremierAccess lane.
+1 to this. The only way to see if you are a Premier on the mobile boarding pass is to find the 2P that is added to the end of the Mileage Plus at the bottom. I suppose you could show your plastic card with the mobile boarding pass but that seems like a bit of a pain.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:15 pm

Is there also a website like pda.continental.com that can check for UAL flights?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mh3265a
My wife has an iPhone so she'll use it but I hope it's expanded to include an app for Blackberry!
+1

Mobile .bomb is terrible and I'm stuck with it using BB.

Originally Posted by travelguy70
Is there also a website like pda.continental.com that can check for UAL flights?
That would be nice. ^
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM GS
Originally Posted by dabblah
Now my reservations both show up.
My reservation that wasn't showing up yesterday is now showing up on the main screen and in Upcoming Flights.

Pretty cool!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Apparently I'm going to be flying from ZRO-TKT in Feb 2012 and then again in Jun 2012.

I'm guessing this is a result of cancelled tickets? Although amusingly, if I click through, the app tells me that I'm going be flying to Tak, in Thailand, on a 0 minute flight in coach. Sounds good to me!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
+1 to this. The only way to see if you are a Premier on the mobile boarding pass is to find the 2P that is added to the end of the Mileage Plus at the bottom. I suppose you could show your plastic card with the mobile boarding pass but that seems like a bit of a pain.
Well, I used it to check-in for my flight tomorrow and I'll test it out by just saying "First Class?" lol..
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Silver/Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by travelguy70

Thanks!
mobile.united.com

I believe there's a link on the mobile CO site.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by visorboy1974
mobile.united.com

I believe there's a link on the mobile CO site.
I think the initial OP meant that he wants the features from pda.continental.com included with a mobile.united.com, namely the upgrade stand-by list
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by mh3265a
I think the initial OP meant that he wants the features from pda.continental.com included with a mobile.united.com, namely the upgrade stand-by list

+1, and for the regular site, make flight stats more like CO.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Was looking at the app today, and this is a fairly good start. Looks and acts much like the CO app, but can see a few small differences.

Just went on to do a dummy booking on my usual CVG-YYZ route. Kudos for the IT guys at UA for actually building a platform where I actually have a choice of UA flights to choose from, instead of only AC codeshare and maybe 1-2 connections. I've had this problem for about a year (maybe they'll fix this on the real web site). Also seemed to be able to get this as a simple multi-city booking, something that has been the work around on .bomb for me until two weeks ago, when that stopped working too (after selecting flights, get an error everytime now).

On the down side, there does seem to be a bug with seat selection, where all E+ seats appear to be occupied. I presume the issue is it doesn't take into account status in the seat selection screen. I know it knows who I am - seeing as I logged in, it says my name and that I'm premier at the top of the screen, and that while booking, it has my name and secure flight info. from my profile. So it should know that i have access to E+.

But very glad to see I have mobile booking access now. Can't wait till they allow me to use e-certs on this platform, too.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:42 am

Yes, that what was I am looking for, instead of dl the new united app to see if u have been upgraded just log on to a website like the continental.pda.com one and u can see where a/c is coming from where u are on upgrade list. mobile.united.com doesn't do that I just checked it out
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
+1, and for the regular site, make flight stats more like CO.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Skiff
Great app, but two requests:

1) Ability to select seats
2) Ability to turn off the start up sound. I love Rhapsody in Blue, but I hate it when my phone makes noise.
+1

Nice app but I'd like to be able to manage my seat selections on my reservations.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Where's the Android version??
+1

We're at 550,000 Android devices activated every day. I'd say that's sizable enough to give some priority

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.