Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM GS
Originally Posted by mdtgator
I see reservations booked on united.com but not those booked through corporate travel
I also used a travel agent for the bookings I cannot see.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
So I downloaded the UA app. Fired it up. Heard "Rhapsody in Blue". Looks like the CO app. But after I entered my information and waited for several seconds, I got confirmation that this was the mobile version of dot bomb.

"Error connecting to data source".

Dot bomb in a devoted app!!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
This isn't an iPad app. It's an iPhone app that looks super crappy when run on an iPad. Please make a dedicated iPad app. Perhaps allow me tobook with it...
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Originally Posted by dabblah
Same here. No luck with "Upcoming", which is upcoming in less than 10 hours... Doesn't show either my reservation tomorrow, return Fri or my out Monday back Tuesday.

I am not concerned, but it would rule if it got working by tomorrow so that I could see the waitlist for my Friday flight...

You know, one relevant point is my reservation was booked through my corp travel agent (SABRE system). I wonder if there is other correlation between it not working based on those vs reservations booked through united.com itself?
Now my reservations both show up. Maybe just a time delay... Of course, it is not showing the upgrade list for the flight tomorrow (button in the same place as the CO app, just not live/not able to click on), which was the main cool sounding thing about this app to me at the moment...

Anyway, now a little over an hour to my flight. I guess I had better get to the airport.

Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: MP 1K
Interesting.

I'm flying UA 838 on Monday, so I wanted to test out the Upgrade Standby list.

On the Thursday 838 (which has already departed), you can see and click the Standby and Upgrade List button. On the Friday flight,the UG list button is greyed out, but if you click the Standby List you are able to see the Upgrade list on that page by selecting the UG list right underneath the "Click here to refresh" banner.
The Saturday flight you can't click anything: the standby list, upgrade list, or even the seatmap.

One other small difference I noted between my version of the CO/UA apps is the ability to select if it is a UA or CO flight number when searching for flight status on the UA app.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: United 2P
wow - welcome to 2008.

How about an Android app?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:03 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by abraxis
So I downloaded the UA app. Fired it up. Heard "Rhapsody in Blue". Looks like the CO app. But after I entered my information and waited for several seconds, I got confirmation that this was the mobile version of dot bomb.

"Error connecting to data source".

Dot bomb in a devoted app!!
I got the same error, searching about the same time. I assume that the "data source" was taken offline for maintenance.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
My wife has an iPhone so she'll use it but I hope it's expanded to include an app for Blackberry!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dparkinson
This isn't an iPad app. It's an iPhone app that looks super crappy when run on an iPad. Please make a dedicated iPad app. Perhaps allow me tobook with it...
Yes, it does look crappy on an IPad, but I give it ^^ all the same. Much easier to check with, and I love the ability to see where I am on the upgrade list.

Finally, a change I'm going to like.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by UA Insider
[*]Check flight status (including viewing standby and upgrade lists). With this feature you can get the latest status for flights by entering the flight number or cities. Additionally, the Flight Status option gives you the ability to view Standby and Cleared Lists – including the First Class Upgrade list.
Worth noting: When viewing the Upgrade Standby List, you’ll be able to see where you are prioritized list and whether or not you’ve cleared, but unlike the Continental app, you won’t currently be able to see the specific number of customers who are booked or checked-in for the flight. We know this is a valued feature, and at the latest, we’ll get this added once we’ve integrated our computer systems.

Additionally, another feature that is available on the Continental application that is not yet available here is the ability to see where a specific aircraft is coming from. Once we’re on one system, this feature will be added as well.
Thank you SOOO VERY MUCH for bringing standby and upgrade list visibility to mobile devices from the CO system, as well as arriving aircraft info. This is huge and a big +++ for me.

Just downloaded it and used it - BIG ^^^. The music on the startup is annoying(please get rid of it) - but LOVE the color scheme, interface, functionality, etc. I know it's a first pass, so things will get better, I hope - but this blew past all my expectations I've had. Love the standby and upgrade list visibility!!!!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 21, 2011 at 11:47 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Finally had the time to learn the app. It's great! Ability to see the upgrade list and the seatmap on day of departure is fantastic. This is a "change" I like.

Last edited by wilp888; Jul 21, 2011 at 11:39 am
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Nice to have this and I'm sure they'll get to the obvious stuff in due course. One not-so-obvious feature I'll miss from the mobile web version is the ability to see the status for all flights between a city pair on one screen, which often helps to irrops patterns developing and quickly find alternative flights. The nice looking city-pair status screen in the app could be easily upgraded to add current departure/arrival estimates, without requiring you to click on each flight, or at the very least, perhaps just a star or similar indicator to highlight flights with significant delays.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM
I am getting "We are unable to retrieve the latest information for this itinerary." for one out of my four booked itineraries, and have been getting this since the app came out. It doesn't show up under "Reservations" at all, I have to manually enter the PNR.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Good app!

This is a good app - just downloaded - will test drive it next week when I am flying United.

Two quick suggestions though!

- First, I have Continental App also on my phone and both United and Co icon looks the same. This could be bit confusing unless you plan to do away with Continental app!

- Secondly, I am so glad United IT is working on keeping up with iphone apps, ipad, etc. But could you please please have them work on using UA SWU's on CO flights.

Apps are nice to have but functionality that your most valued customers, 1K and GS, can use are more needed.

Thank you
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I don't like the mobile boarding pass on this app because it doesn't clearly show UNITED FIRST or *G or what have you, and may prove difficult when showing your cabin of service or status in the PremierAccess lane.

I find that most airline employees really hate the mobile boarding passes and are unfamiliar with them and sometimes they have trouble scanning. I'd like to use it when I can because it saves a lot of time (and paper).

I have trouble checking in regardless using my OP # and always have to use my PNR--the app definitely makes it easier to access the PNR if checking in at an airport kiosk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.