Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United iPhone/iPad App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Dr_Adventure
You can't be surprised by this - everyone said it would simply be ported over - I'm surprised they did not fully publicly announce it and that they released it this early.
Not surprised. Was kinda hoping they worked on it a bit more though .
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by wilp888
Sorry for the newbie question but where do you see the upgrade list in flight status? I'm trying to check on an International flight for tomorrow for my wife but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

I cannot see the upgrade list for a domestic flight tomorrow either.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Skiff
Great app, but two requests:

1) Ability to select seats
2) Ability to turn off the start up sound. I love Rhapsody in Blue, but I hate it when my phone makes noise.
Yes please - I have been using the CO app since it was launched, and love it!! The only thing that was missing, was the ability to change seats....
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
It's a very minor thing, but the icons and logos should be upped in resolution to support the iPhone 4's Retina Display (as well as other mobile devices with hi-res screens).
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
WP7

I may be the only one on here with one but I would like a WP7 application. BA already has one.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:31 pm

> 1. Showing the load in C/F for upgrade lists

If you use the flight status option, you can see the open seats on the plane and the upgrade list. Its just not consolidated on one screen.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Just downloaded the app. Nice to have Rhapsody when it started up ^
Actually I find this really rude. Everyone around me doesn't need to hear this every time I start it up.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by hans
Actually I find this really rude. Everyone around me doesn't need to hear this every time I start it up.
I think they want to brainwash us somehow.

I really do wish they had the option to turn it off. I (for the most part) have mine on vibrate so I didn't notice it the first few times.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by hans
Then put the phone on vibrate, and you don't have to worry about it playing.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Very pleased with the feature on being able to see the upgrade and standby lists. Thank you very much!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Then put the phone on vibrate, and you don't have to worry about it playing.
Well, that will work, but who wants to set their phone to vibrate each time they access a certain app!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:40 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Wow. I'm really impressed. Nice job on the app! ^
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by repus

If you use the flight status option, you can see the open seats on the plane and the upgrade list. Its just not consolidated on one screen.
My flight tomorrow is still just showing a seat map only-no upgrade or standby lists,although the same flight today does show it. Is it possible it shows only on the day of travel?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by repus

I've gone to the flight status for several of today's flights and not seen c/f/ upgrade list. Does one have to be checked in that flight to see that info. Is it only showing upgrade lists for the current day?

Thanks

Originally Posted by zigenbock
Yes please - I have been using the CO app since it was launched, and love it!! The only thing that was missing, was the ability to change seats....
I agree about both the above. I have used the Delta iPhone app for @ a year and I find the United app generally more informative, EXCEPT for the ability to view and change seats.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 20, 2011 at 8:32 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:15 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
I've gone to the flight status for several of today's flights and not seen c/f/ upgrade list. Does one have to be checked in that flight to see that info. Is it only showing upgrade lists for the current day?

Thanks
This stumped me, too, until my eyes "zoomed out". It's there but requires several steps. When you get into the flight (or segment you want to research if multiple segs. on the same flt. #), some buttons will appear at the very bottom, dark portion of the screen. Some may be dimmed but they will work. Select the "Standby List" button. Another screen will appear for that list and on that screen, about mid-screen, there's a button for "Upgrade List". Touch that and the u/g list appears. There are several other buttons at the bottom of the earlier screen giving other helpful info such as food provisioning, seat map and, under Flight Detail, the a/c #.

Don't know how well the u/g list meshes with UA's proprietary software which drives the DM list or gate displays, but these lists can be accessed for upcoming flights within the next 1-2 days whether you're booked on the flight or not.

All in all, the app is much faster than the UA mobile webpage I was using before today.

One glitch in trying out the App's booking engine: If you look for a same-day R.T., and set the time-of-day paramaters too narrowly, such as "early morning" for outbound and "early afternoon" for return flights, you may get a "data not found" return. Workaround seems to be to just select "anytime" for both flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.