Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nissan720
Does United still do the whole - Mandatory 12 hour hold for star alliance rewards?
Generally no but there may be some partners which take time to confirm.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by sbm12
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I keep getting the same thing, and the site won't keep me logged in
Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
But I come up in the "MileagePlus Account Update" page. It makes me think that the site wants me to finish or change my profile, yet it is complete!
Sounds like a cookies issue to me.
It's not a cookies 'n cache issue as it's happening to me as well and I reset Safari every time before I quit and Firefox is set to clear everything on quit as well.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Has anyone had success waitlisting for an alternate reward flight post SHARES? I've called twice and the agents say they can no longer do that (I assume they were PMUA agents). Or maybe these two agents just didn't know how to do it?

I was able to call and waitlist for my preferred reward flight time as long as: Same origin/destination, all on United metal.

Now waiting for the waitlist to clear so I can get my preferred flight - hopefully it does
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by goalie
It's not a cookies 'n cache issue as it's happening to me as well and I reset Safari every time before I quit and Firefox is set to clear everything on quit as well.
I think that clearing all the cookies might be part of your problem here.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
I have a flight Jun 1-3. My return trip is BVT-EWR-LHR. The EWR-LHR is a W fare ticket that i used a SWU/GPU and it cleared about 3 weeks ago. I just found out that I may have to stay in the US and go to Pittsburgh for work that week (June 3-8). My question is what happens to my GPU if I change my flight? Work will obviouslly pick up the cost of the flight changes. Does it get re-deposited? FWIW I have 1K and booked the flight over the phone with an agent to get the itinerary to be a W for the return.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
My question is what happens to my GPU if I change my flight?
Prior to canceling/changing the ticket have an agent remove the GPU from the reservation and deposit it back into your account. Then make the changes as necessary.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I think that clearing all the cookies might be part of your problem here.
Not sure what you're getting but by settings on Safari when performing a reset are (to name a few) to all clear cookies, all cache and all history and the same when quitting firefox so when I re-launch either app, there is no history, cookies and cache.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Not sure what you're getting but by settings on Safari when performing a reset are (to name a few) to all clear cookies, all cache and all history and the same when quitting firefox so when I re-launch either app, there is no history, cookies and cache.
Well, some might flame me for this, but I have no trouble staying logged in using IE. I did have an issue in which Day 1 or 2 of the cutover, I couldn't log in at all; I got a 404 not found error. I realize it isn't the same problem, but I solved that by using Google Chrome as the browser. I have no idea why it worked.

If you're not an IE/Microsoft fan, could you try Chrome?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:43 pm

My point is that if they are using a cookie to flag your account as no longer needing to update your account then clearing the cookies every time will mean you have to repeatedly go through whatever tasks are associated with setting the cookie. Try leaving the cookies in place for *.united.com and see if the problem goes away.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
On Safari, United uses both cookies and cache, fwiw.

I've been having more trouble staying logged in myself (this is a change as of a few days ago), and I notice that there's no actual form elements in the page, either, which may be screwing up auto-saved passwords.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Booked trip today DEN - CDG and FCO - DEN Each with lots of flights in-between

Realized that after all that time on the phone (~1 hour on hold + 15 minutes booking) I forgot to book DEN - Hawaii....

Since this should be no extra points cost can I still call back and get this added on?

Thanks,
Nissan
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nissan720
... Since this should be no extra points cost can I still call back and get this added on? ....
doubtful -- but you might get lucky. normally this would require a new ticket.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by deirdre
On Safari, United uses both cookies and cache, fwiw.

I've been having more trouble staying logged in myself (this is a change as of a few days ago), and I notice that there's no actual form elements in the page, either, which may be screwing up auto-saved passwords.
My issue is not staying logged in as I log out after each session but rather the other issue that mdspadeccom notes that there is a message to update your profile but the profile is complete

My point is that if they are using a cookie to flag your account as no longer needing to update your account then clearing the cookies every time will mean you have to repeatedly go through whatever tasks are associated with setting the cookie. Try leaving the cookies in place for *.united.com and see if the problem goes away.
Why would one need to flag an account as not updated if in fact the account is updated or in your example not needing to be updated as it is already updated. If for sake of argument, section abc was not complete and I completed it and hit "save", that should save it on the host as updated and thus eliminate any future messages regardless of what cookies are set on my end as the data is not stored on my end-only accessed on my end.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
those meal vouchers they give you... Do they work at any airport
Or only the ones they got issued at?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Anyone else not getting text information about upgrades and flight info. Stopped working on 2/28. I also added my wifes number and it's the secondary, and she now gets phone calls about flights. So wierd. I even went to my phone and texted the number provided, and still nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.