Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sneezyalex
Hmm... I think the system thinks it's a return leg as the little plane icon points right on the first leg but left on the second.. But then why did it only charge me a one way fare?
Are you sure that the fare construction is SEA-SAN and not SEA-SFO + SFO-SAN?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: CO AA Marriott
Dinner UA vs. CO

I regularly fly EWR to MCO and usually get upgraded. With CO - assuming they didn't run out - they offered two choices for dinner. Thursday, I was in row 2 and there was no "choice" - only one entree. Is this the "United" policy - no dinner choices?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Plat.Premier
Meal choices

(Although this is my first posting, I have been reading this forum on and off for a while. )

As for the meal choices - with the new United - if there is a meal choice available, the GS's are the only ones who will be asked for their choice. Then it becomes first come first served.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by westoncpa
I regularly fly EWR to MCO and usually get upgraded. With CO - assuming they didn't run out - they offered two choices for dinner. Thursday, I was in row 2 and there was no "choice" - only one entree. Is this the "United" policy - no dinner choices?
Two choices is the norm for "dinner" flights. Was there only one choice or only one choice remaining?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:18 pm

United Club Cards

Hi, just wondering if any former RCC or PC members have received newly branded United Club cards? I figure they might be waiting and allowing current RCC and PC cards to expire before issuing new cards, however my PC membership is lifetime, so not sure if that means I'll be using the old PC card indefinitely.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Thanks. Your right and still makes no sense since I am not a member of AA (I use BA for OW). When I checked in w LH she said my number is NOT in record. It was in the MSG field and did say "Exec Plat". Whoever put that msg in at UA didn't know what she was doing
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Are you sure that the fare construction is SEA-SAN and not SEA-SFO + SFO-SAN?

Well its an award and i clearly booked it using destination points SEA-SAN. It gave me the choice of 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours in SFO as I HAVE to connect through there.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by sneezyalex
Well its an award and i clearly booked it using destination points SEA-SAN. It gave me the choice of 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours in SFO as I HAVE to connect through there.
Award makes the difference in this case. There are some interesting quirks in the award routing rules on the system; this is one of them.

FWIW, however, on a revenue ticket just because you enter the O/D pair doesn't mean that the system won't price it as additive via the connection point if that is cheaper.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Maybe cards next week

Originally Posted by davp
Hi, just wondering if any former RCC or PC members have received newly branded United Club cards? I figure they might be waiting and allowing current RCC and PC cards to expire before issuing new cards, however my PC membership is lifetime, so not sure if that means I'll be using the old PC card indefinitely.
I also am a lifetime member without a current card (expired in January). I talked to the UC (RCC) people on the phone this past Friday (March 23) and they told me cards may appear by the end of next week. Of course they gave me a similar explanation two weeks ago but maybe this time it will happen. When I inquired two weeks ago, the agent apologized and sent an email stating that I was a member in good standing. The email should be sufficient if a UC agent attempts to deny me entrance. I have not traveled since early March but at that time, I had no problems gaining entrance to the UC.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out exactly what routings allowed on a US-SE Asia award under the new United. I know both airlines had different rules regarding this and I've having trouble finding out the current status.

Here's what I'd like to fly:

IAH-IAD-MUC-BER (stopover)
open jaw to DBV (Dubrovnik)
DBV-FRA-ZRH-HKG-BKK (destination)
BKK-FRA-IAH

Does anyone know if that's a valid routing? I'm mostly just not sure if an open jaw is allowed in the middle like that at my stopover. The only rule I see on ua.com relating to this is that double open jaws are allowed but I'm not sure that's relevant.

If that routing is allowed, would I also be allowed to fly into BKK and out of SIN? Also, on the return would BKK-NRT or ICN-FRA be allowed, just as a connection not a stopover?

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Anyone figured out how to divide Reservation on the new consolidated .bomb?

Ask Alex for "Divide PNR" results in the following bad advice:

To change or cancel one person's ticket when there are several travelers on the same itinerary requires the reservation to be divided. To divide the reservation, enter the confirmation number and last name in the space provided at the bottom of this Web page. Then select Separate Travelers in Passenger Details on the View Current Reservation page.

However, there exists NO "Passenger Details" drop down in the View Current Reservation page.

It does not appear to be possible to divide a PNR anymore on United.com

Has anyone else had better luck? Since my last calls to Elite Desk resulted in waits of 2 and 3 hours respectively, am reluctant to take that route....

When I tried to contact the webmaster to report a bug, I was first told that it didn't like my subject, and after I changed to "bug report", clicking on submit resulted in nothing at all. I guess they are not taking error reports either? (I had to search the site to find a way to report anything)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
I guess I'm pretty slow on the draw, but only tonight have I noticed that I no longer get 100% bonus miles for each flight, as a Gold flier (formerly Premier Exec). It's not making me feel especially warm and fuzzy about UAL right now, especially after yet another flight home delayed for an hour by "paperwork" that needed filing before pushback from the gate.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by txflyer77
Does anyone know if that's a valid routing? I'm mostly just not sure if an open jaw is allowed in the middle like that at my stopover.
Yes, it is. Some agents may balk at it but if you ask that it be forwarded to the rate desk to be manually priced it should come back OK.

If that routing is allowed, would I also be allowed to fly into BKK and out of SIN?
Yes, thanks to the double OJ rule.
Also, on the return would BKK-NRT or ICN-FRA be allowed, just as a connection not a stopover?
Yes.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by signothetimes53
I guess I'm pretty slow on the draw, but only tonight have I noticed that I no longer get 100% bonus miles for each flight, as a Gold flier (formerly Premier Exec). It's not making me feel especially warm and fuzzy about UAL right now, especially after yet another flight home delayed for an hour by "paperwork" that needed filing before pushback from the gate.
Can'd find the thread now, but many Golds/1Ps have complained about that devaluation.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
How do you complain on new mileage plus website

https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/con...ault.aspx?SI=1

I've tried on that link, but I haven't received a reply yet and it's been weeks. I don't even get a confirmation note that they received my complaint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.