Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
<snip>
Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Are they not giving out the whole can of soda anymore? Or is this simply PMCO policy? Everytime i've flown PMUA in economy i've gotten the full can of soda, but today i flew PHX-IAH and IAH-CLE, both flights they poured me a cup, no can??
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
Are they not giving out the whole can of soda anymore? Or is this simply PMCO policy? Everytime i've flown PMUA in economy i've gotten the full can of soda, but today i flew PHX-IAH and IAH-CLE, both flights they poured me a cup, no can??
On PMCO, I had mixed results in getting the full can in Y. But whenever I didn't get it, I asked for it, and they gave it to me 100% of the time. This was as both non-elite and elite, both before and after the merger.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
I got the whole can on my flight on Saturday (JFK-SFO). I don't normally drink soda on flights, so I'm not sure how common/uncommon that is, though.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:05 am

I have a question about how waitlisting for Saver seats works & if there are any fees associated with it:

I'm searching for SJO-IAH-SEA Saver seats - I found them, but the IAH to SEA leg saver availability is the day after my ideal day.

Can I book the flight for now, and then put myself on some waitlist for when saver seats open on my ideal day? What's the exact process for doing this (do I have to call? is there a link online?) and would there by any fees to have my flight shifted back 1 day, on the same saver award/same route (I don't have status with United).

This is many months out so I'm quite confident that saver seat will open up, I just don't know about the waitlist process and don't want to be stuck paying the change fees.

Last edited by nomii; Mar 27, 2012 at 4:44 am
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

FA: "What can I get you to drink?"
Me: "May I have a can of __, please?"

Works every time. Cannot think of an instance on any airline where it hasn't, actually.

Originally Posted by noamaan
Can I book the flight for now, and then put myself on some waitlist for when saver seats open on my ideal day? What's the exact process for doing this (do I have to call? is there a link online?)
Yes, but you have to call to waitlist the alternate date/flight.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I've also noticed if you order 2 mixed drinks at once (in coach), most of the time you will get the can without having to ask.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:23 am

Yes, but you have to call to waitlist the alternate date/flight.
Thanks! And there are no fees for getting on waitlist and the subsequent change if waitlist is approved on saver flight one day earlier? Call fees, or the need for me to get the $25 change fee insurance and so on?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
FA: "What can I get you to drink?"
Me: "May I have a can of __, please?"

Works every time. Cannot think of an instance on any airline where it hasn't, actually.
I don't know if you can call UAX an airline, but I have been denied having the whole can on many United Express flights.

More on-topic,
I am seeing posts about a lot of reservation issues having to be dealt with "at the gate". I am not sure if this is accurate, but it has me questioning the value of a United Club renewal.

Are UC agents really referring people to "the gate" for help with issues (upgrades, seats, re-routes, etc)?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Has anyone found a way to upgrade a reservation online that used a certificate? I'm looking around, trying to hack together a URL that might work like on the old UA site.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
so i'm pretty much premier silver this year, a lowly 2P. Anyways, its 2:30PM and i'm #1 on the upgrade standby list for a 9:30PM flight. It says there are 11 booked in first class, 16 seats. When will my upgrade clear? Do i just go up to the gate and pester them come boarding time?

I know it says day of departure, but when on that day? haha? like i said i'm #1 on the list right now, and all 11 who already cleared are already checked in, and theres 16 seats avail.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:52 pm

so i'm pretty much premier silver this year, a lowly 2P. Anyways, its 2:30PM and i'm #1 on the upgrade standby list for a 9:30PM flight. It says there are 11 booked in first class, 16 seats. When will my upgrade clear? Do i just go up to the gate and pester them come boarding time?

I know it says day of departure, but when on that day? haha? like i said i'm #1 on the list right now, and all 11 who already cleared are already checked in, and theres 16 seats avail.
There might be others still ahead of you who haven't checked in yet. And you might get the upgrade at any point, up until departure, or 5 others above you in the hierarchy might get it.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
CR1 pulled, didn't clear, not returned 9 days post flight

How long to wait before calling about a CR1 not being redeposited after not clearing? Any potential issues for a CR1 pulled prior to 3/3, with flight 3/18?

I'd prefer to avoid calling until things settle down a bit (especially since, with no Plat card yet, I still don't know the secret line I'm supposed to call).

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:36 pm

The published answer is 7-10 days. Call during the day so the MPSC will be open and they can actually handle it.

And if you still remember your secret 1K number from before it will work and you should end up in the Platinum elite queue once it recognizes who you are.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
The published answer is 7-10 days. Call during the day so the MPSC will be open and they can actually handle it.

And if you still remember your secret 1K number from before it will work and you should end up in the Platinum elite queue once it recognizes who you are.
I'll give it a few more days before killing the security system and breaking the glass around my 1K card (which would have the phone number) from 2010.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.