Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:37 am

I am planning to book a domestic A-B-C ticket while my wife will fly D-B-C on the same day. Both tickets are on UA and the B-C segments are on the same flight. Can our PNRs be attached after purchase? She has no status with UA and with my lowly 2P status I would like to make a humble effort to get E+ at check in for both of us. Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by leonidas
I am planning to book a domestic A-B-C ticket while my wife will fly D-B-C on the same day. Both tickets are on UA and the B-C segments are on the same flight. Can our PNRs be attached after purchase? She has no status with UA and with my lowly 2P status I would like to make a humble effort to get E+ at check in for both of us. Thanks!
The PNRs can't be combined, but at the airport (and perhaps even on the phone,) she can be added to E+ for free as a companion
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:47 am

F award tickets

post merger do domestic First Class rewards get Premier Access and free checked bags(& Lounge access)...and please explain 2 vs 3 cabin rewards again domestic only flights...tank you
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jimmycopp99
post merger do domestic First Class rewards get Premier Access and free checked bags(& Lounge access)...and please explain 2 vs 3 cabin rewards again domestic only flights...tank you
Domestic F gets Premier Access and 3X70 pound bags. No lounge access. On domestic itins, only non-UA and non-US *G have lounge access.
Regarding rewards, it's all right here.

On a 2-cabin flight, or the Business Class cabin on a 3-cabin flight, awards are 25K/50K for one-way/rt Saver award, and 50K/100K for Standard Award.
On a 3-cabin flight, the F cabin is 35K/70K for the Saver and 70K/140K for the Standard
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Originally Posted by miritom
Thank you for investing the time!
It's good to hear there's some hope
I'll wait until tomorrow.
Well, I can't say things have been improving...
Talked with customer care again, they refused to let us talk with a supervisor.
Said that now "someone is really working on it in ticketing" as opposed to before, when it was just in the queue. Just to recap - we made the original reservation on 3/24...
Said to call again tomorrow and ask for a supervisor if it won't be ticketed by tomorrow.
And that ticketing is a manual process that takes 10 hours (?!).

In the mean time, the pending charge of the 200$ vanished from my credit card.

I would love to cancel and start again, but since the reservation is already confirmed, the guy also didn't want to cancel. Also, I have no idea what happened to the money in the gift certificate.

Is there any way out of this mess at this point?
Can I maybe PM the PNR to someone who can check what's going on?
Help?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by miritom
Well, I can't say things have been improving...
Talked with customer care again, they refused to let us talk with a supervisor.
Said that now "someone is really working on it in ticketing" as opposed to before, when it was just in the queue. Just to recap - we made the original reservation on 3/24...
Said to call again tomorrow and ask for a supervisor if it won't be ticketed by tomorrow.
And that ticketing is a manual process that takes 10 hours (?!).

In the mean time, the pending charge of the 200$ vanished from my credit card.

I would love to cancel and start again, but since the reservation is already confirmed, the guy also didn't want to cancel. Also, I have no idea what happened to the money in the gift certificate.

Is there any way out of this mess at this point?
Can I maybe PM the PNR to someone who can check what's going on?
Help?
Sorry to hear it isn't better! If you don't have to travel for several days, it seems that you should let it be. You can try PMing UAInsider but posts indicate that the people at that handle aren't as responsive as they used to be. There are lots of people with myriad issues.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1k
Post Merger has there been any change to combining Award and Paid Tickets onto a single PNR?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...dentifier.html
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oblisk
Post Merger has there been any change to combining Award and Paid Tickets onto a single PNR?
It cannot be done.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:14 pm

With all the posts here, I don't know if it's been mentioned or there's a more appropriate thread for it, but the MCI site www.flykci.com says that flights are split between Terminals A and C based on the pre-merger hubs they serve, as did signs at the airport as of earlier this week. For arrivals, though, it appears to be unpredictable; from the site for arrivals from EWR:

AIRLINE FLIGHT FROM SCHED EST/ACT TERM GATE STATUS
United 4249 Newark 10:42 am 11:02 am C 69 Arrived
United 4250 Newark 2:45 pm 2:36 pm C 14 Arrived
United 4252 Newark 5:12 pm 5:12 pm C 69 --
United 4251 Newark 7:18 pm -- A 12 --
United 4253 Newark 11:09 pm -- C 68 --

I think C 14 is wrong because 14 is an A gate, and flight 4251 also uses A. So if informing someone who's meeting you, just advise them to look up the flight to know the terminal, because there's no other way of knowing?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:01 pm

I have a flight booked on United for May departure and recently asked them for a status match to UA gold. Once I get the status match, will I be able to select economy plus seats on my flight for free?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by duke2013
I have a flight booked on United for May departure and recently asked them for a status match to UA gold. Once I get the status match, will I be able to select economy plus seats on my flight for free?
Yes, if they match you to gold. If you go to the UA website and click on the Mileage Plus tab you can view the pages that list out the benefits, such as bonus mileage, (alleged) upgrade priority and reduced fee structure.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:20 pm

Noob here! Just a simple question.

Can I use my miles to book a reward ticket for somebody else, or is this just for me?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
Why Does it Take up to a Week for New Miles to Post?

I've noticed that it takes sometimes as much as a week for flight mileage to post to my account. What gives?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by gablaze23
Noob here! Just a simple question.

Can I use my miles to book a reward ticket for somebody else, or is this just for me?
Sure you can. Online log in, find your itin, book it, and under traveler's name enter the person's name and other data. Or book award travel over the phone and give the agent your MP number as the account to deduct the miles from.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
I've noticed that it takes sometimes as much as a week for flight mileage to post to my account. What gives?
I think that this is the new normal, as outlined in the "apology email" that went out on Sunday to MP members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.