Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:28 pm

online RCC passes

I have five one-time passes that were accessable on premerger united website. Now the new website does not have the feature to pull up history under travel options and print them. After being on 1K phone for 2 hours I was given 866 club number to call, that is now closed. Does anyone else know how to print online RCC passes bought on premerger UA.com on the new website? Or do I punt?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Do 1k's have better award availability? I'm looking for o/w DFW - CDG July 13 low level redemption (27.5k) for two. I think I had heard somewhere that the upper echelon with UA had much better award availability. And would they be able to book for one of their 'friends'?

Any help would be much appreciated...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: NW, UA
UA Insider,

Have all the flights that are going to post been posted? I am still missing flight credits (2/28 & 3/2) and would like to know how much longer I'm suppose to wait before calling or writing in.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mile ho
Do 1k's have better award availability? I'm looking for o/w DFW - CDG July 13 low level redemption (27.5k) for two. I think I had heard somewhere that the upper echelon with UA had much better award availability. And would they be able to book for one of their 'friends'?

Any help would be much appreciated...
As a 1K you have access to the ON, IN and XN buckets. In some cases those have more availability than the O, I or X non-elite buckets that similarly represent F, C and Y awards, respectively.

Silver and Gold elites (along with some co-branded CC holders) only get access to XN, not ON nor IN.

Originally Posted by mikeglad
I have five one-time passes that were accessable on premerger united website. Now the new website does not have the feature to pull up history under travel options and print them. After being on 1K phone for 2 hours I was given 866 club number to call, that is now closed. Does anyone else know how to print online RCC passes bought on premerger UA.com on the new website? Or do I punt?
Call back during the day when the service center is open. I'm guessing they can help you.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Upgrade processing

I don't understand how upgrades are actually processes by the new system (I'm not referring to what you state on the website but how it works in reality). I booked pre-merger and purchased an upgradeable fare, used a RPU. I'm a 1K and am now 48 hours prior to departure. I don't see my name on the upgrade list. Shouldn't I be upgraded by now? I called the 1K line and spoke to someone who sounded like she was from India. She said there are 7 seats open in 1st but I would just have to wait to see if the upgrade clears. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about concerning 1K clearing 3-4 days before departure. She couldn't explain why I haven't cleared yet. She doesn't know why the UA mobile app doesn't show that I'm at least wait listed. I just want to know how upgrades are being processed currently not how UA hopes they will be processed when it works out the bugs in the system. Why hasn't my upgrade cleared yet? What's the benefit to the 1K passenger to purchase an upgradeable fare if you won't clear it pre-departure?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by earlson
I don't understand how upgrades are actually processes by the new system (I'm not referring to what you state on the website but how it works in reality). I booked pre-merger and purchased an upgradeable fare, used a RPU. I'm a 1K and am now 48 hours prior to departure. I don't see my name on the upgrade list. Shouldn't I be upgraded by now? I called the 1K line and spoke to someone who sounded like she was from India. She said there are 7 seats open in 1st but I would just have to wait to see if the upgrade clears. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about concerning 1K clearing 3-4 days before departure. She couldn't explain why I haven't cleared yet. She doesn't know why the UA mobile app doesn't show that I'm at least wait listed. I just want to know how upgrades are being processed currently not how UA hopes they will be processed when it works out the bugs in the system. Why hasn't my upgrade cleared yet? What's the benefit to the 1K passenger to purchase an upgradeable fare if you won't clear it pre-departure?
Using an RPU there is no window for clearing. If there is upgrade space available then you clear. If there is not then you don't. A free seat does not mean there is upgrade inventory available. If you have not cleared by the time you check in you should get put on the airport upgrade list.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:29 am

She doesn't know why the UA mobile app doesn't show that I'm at least wait listed.
Won't show until you are checked in.

Seems to be lots of problems with upgrades processing in advance on tickets booked prior to the integration. New bookings seem to be doing better, from the bits I've seen.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I don't understand how upgrades are actually processes by the new system (I'm not referring to what you state on the website but how it works in reality). I booked pre-merger and purchased an upgradeable fare, used a RPU. I'm a 1K and am now 48 hours prior to departure. I don't see my name on the upgrade list. Shouldn't I be upgraded by now? ...
even with RPU, upgrades depend on upgrade invenotry being release and UA's expectations to be able to sell the remaining seats.
You did not mention the route but many routes (such as SFO-IAD and others) will likley go to the gate for 1Ks and may not clear.

Also in the new system, GS & YBM fares are ahead of 1K's on RPUs

I called the 1K line and spoke to someone who sounded like she was from India. She said there are 7 seats open in 1st but I would just have to wait to see if the upgrade clears. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about concerning 1K clearing 3-4 days before departure. She couldn't explain why I haven't cleared yet. She doesn't know why the UA mobile app doesn't show that I'm at least wait listed. ...
the mobile app or online waitlists only show those that have checked in, so not ever meaningful until a few hours before departure.

I just want to know how upgrades are being processed currently not how UA hopes they will be processed when it works out the bugs in the system. Why hasn't my upgrade cleared yet? ...
while some have reported issues, it probably not worthwhile to try to game the glitches

What's the benefit to the 1K passenger to purchase an upgradeable fare if you won't clear it pre-departure?
if using RPUs all fares are upgradeable but a higher fare improves your chance -- upgrades are never a guarantee.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I hate it when that happens …

Reading the forums this morning I came across a link to a United webpage whereby you can input your phone number and a United rep will call you, instead of spending 15 to infinity minutes on hold. I didn’t bookmark it or save it. Now of course I can’t find it again. I’d sure appreciate it if someone would post the link again. Thank you.

As Emily Litella used to say; “never mind”.

My bad. Found it. It wasn’t posted here, it was on one of the blogs.

http://as00.estara.com/UI/gui.php?do...amp=1201839058 (Click to Call)

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 20, 2012 at 5:25 pm Reason: To merge consecutive posts of same member.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Also in the new system, GS & YBM fares are ahead of 1K's on RPUs
Only inside the CPU window. :-:
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta
How were the miles in the pre-merger United MileagePlus program converted to the One Pass miles?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by boevingr
How were the miles in the pre-merger United MileagePlus program converted to the One Pass miles?
Before the merger, if you had linked your OnePass and Mileage Plus accounts, you could simply transfer miles online from one account to the other. With the merger, you were technically given a MileagePlus account, and were given an equivalent amount of OnePass miles into your new MP account.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:21 pm

TATL Status continuation

HI, can anyone tell me if you will earn silver @ 5 TATL, gold @ 10 TATL etc. ? it was the case with onepass for non US addressed customers - it is still the case post merger with Mileage Plus ?

Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ieflyer
HI, can anyone tell me if you will earn silver @ 5 TATL, gold @ 10 TATL etc. ? it was the case with onepass for non US addressed customers - it is still the case post merger with Mileage Plus ?

Thanks
There is no provision in the MP rules for that, but if you're talking round trips, I imagine that would easily be sufficient on even the shortest TATL route to earn enough mileage to make those levels.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
welcome to FT!, ieflyer
Originally Posted by ieflyer

Thanks
Silver requires 25K EQMs and Gold is 50K EQMs, these are the same levels as was previously true for CO OP.
TATLs to/from UA-European vary from 7K to 11K+ EQMs (RT) depending on cities.
Higher fares does earn EQM bonuses.
The address location of the flyer will make no difference.

5 TATL (say EWR-LHR) will easily earn enough EQMs for Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.