Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:11 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Sorry I am not completely read up on the new UA policies yet so this is probably posted somewhere but my search found nothing.

a Premier Silver colleague of mine is flying IAH-IAD tomorrow.
Upon online check-in today he is in Group 4 (we never had groups with CO so I know this is the new post merger boarding).

Is a permier silver really Group 4? Does it go 1k in 1, platinum 2, and Gold 3 etc or what? Just curious.

Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by clsmit
Apologies if this has been discussed already (I didn't see anything but didn't go back the whole month) -- has United totally changed their call center staff? The DH (1K with a lot of upcoming flights) has called United a number of times post - 3 March and is now getting a reps with a lot less knowledge than before. He thinks they've outsourced everything to a call center in Asia rather than the very clueful people we were used to talking to at Continental's Presidential Plat line. Are we just unlucky or is something else going on?
Its not that they have "changed" there "staff" per se but there are some obvious big changes to how calls are handled The 1K desk used to be only in HNL and DTW. now they have added a bunch of PMCO call centers such as IAH to the list. I've found the HNL people used to be the best (and still are). However, i have been calling and calling with a problem on my res the PMUA 1K desk has said 7 times cannot be fixed. I called for the 8th time at 5am this morning and got IAHRR PMCO agent. She was great and fixed my "non fixable" problem in 2 seconds. . So changes: yes. Both pos and negative
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Sorry I am not completely read up on the new UA policies yet so this is probably posted somewhere but my search found nothing.

a Premier Silver colleague of mine is flying IAH-IAD tomorrow.
Upon online check-in today he is in Group 4 (we never had groups with CO so I know this is the new post merger boarding).

Is a permier silver really Group 4? Does it go 1k in 1, platinum 2, and Gold 3 etc or what? Just curious.

Thanks
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ss-2012-a.html

see post 1
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:22 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by flyer215
awesome thanks, someone pm'd me too. Thanks a bunch.

i should have search boarding "process"!!!!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Leaving tonight on a LH flight to FRA. booking is JFK-FRA-BKK-NRT-FRA-EWR all in F. UA booked and ticketed this. I just called LH to see if my "new" MP # is in record. She said yes, confirmed # and said it says EXEC PLAT I'm not and have never been an exec platinum. I am a UA 1K and have been for 20 years! I've never been a CO OP member and this was booked after 3/3. WHY does it say this? I'm really annoyed. I know it's petty but it really proves the new UA is just old CO.
If LH has the wrong name for your status, why does this show this is "the old CO?" Executive Platinum is the name for the highest status on AA (equivalent to UA 1K or DL Diamond Medallion). Neither UA nor CO ever had this status. UA had Executive Premier, and CO had Platinum as well as Presidential Platinum. But neither had Executive Platinum. Which leads me to think something isn't right with this story at all. Even if the story is correct, it means the computers are still having problems (to be expected), not that "this is the old CO." No need to get all crazy. Just confirm that this supposed Exec Plat is *G, and you're good to go. What do you care what it lists the status as, as long as you get the *G benefits?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by masonp123
Abridged...Is UA trying to prevent unsold E+ seats from being sat in once in the air?
On my flight from LHR to ORD March 5, the FA made the announcement that once the captain turned off the seatbelt sign, we were free to move about the cabin in "in your ticketed class. Please be aware that in the front of the Economy cabin you may see some open seats, however those were only available for an increased fee. We would require that you do not occupy them if you have not paid for them."
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Does anyone have the silver elite phone number? Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yet another United Club question

Very helpful thread.

+1 is flying Y to NRT and connecting to a Japan domestic flight in Y. In the past, with *G status NH lounge access when connecting to the domestic flight was no problem. Now, without *G access, if I am reading the access policy correctly (http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/), access would still be granted with the United Club paid membership. Am I understanding this correctly (and more generally, is access REALLY granted to all of the airline-owned business clubs -- important because future int. trips are in the works)? If the answer to the first question is 'yes', is this a new policy? I just don't remember paid members getting lounge access.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction -- we've been way out of the loop for more than a year ......
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flymetokix
. ... if I am reading the access policy correctly (http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/), access would still be granted with the United Club paid membership. Am I understanding this correctly (and more generally, is access REALLY granted to all of the airline-owned business clubs -- important because future int. trips are in the works)? If the answer to the first question is 'yes', is this a new policy? I just don't remember paid members getting lounge access. ......
paid lounge members have had access to *A business lounges for many, many years (can not remember when they did not).
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I thought that anything over 4 hours is considered a layover domestically and that you can't book a layover on a one-way award tix. But then how was I just able to book a 8 hour layover in SFO when there was also the option of only a 2 hour connection?

SEA-SFO-SAN (Yes it's ComicCon!)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
When I called the 1K center a while ago, I had asked what happened to the extra miles, etc million mile flyers where given every Jan. they gave me a web site took go to. http://www.unitedthanksamillion.com. It says on the site that we will be able to choose a "gift" and that the site will be ready in MID MARCH. As we are now moving into late March do you have any idea when this site will be up
There have been reports of folks who successfully called it in and got the status updated already.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
AM-PM-DM - if you meant USAir, there's an active thread on this in the USAir forum, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...thread-33.html

United has a challenge program in progress.
Bloody spell checker. Of course I meant UA.

It seems there are a good number of FTers who applied for the challenge, but never heard back from UA, me included. Four weeks, two e-mails, three faxes (different numbers) and not even an acknowledgement. I would not call this a program in progress...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
is my memory already fuzzy

Prior to the merger could you standby for an earlier flight and if you cleared to coach but not to first (if on a UDU) not take the seat? I thought you could do that, and if so you can't anymore. I was told if my standby even cleared to Y I had to take it, there was no opting out, and keeping my original flight seat.

If asked 3 CSR's at different stations and they all said the same thing.

If true this IS a change I DON'T like.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Prior to the merger could you standby for an earlier flight and if you cleared to coach but not to first (if on a UDU) not take the seat? I thought you could do that, and if so you can't anymore. I was told if my standby even cleared to Y I had to take it, there was no opting out, and keeping my original flight seat. ...
Your memory of the past is correct for PMUA.
However since upgrades occured before standbys, the chances to clearing UDU on a standby flight had to be considered remote at best.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sneezyalex
I thought that anything over 4 hours is considered a layover domestically and that you can't book a layover on a one-way award tix. But then how was I just able to book a 8 hour layover in SFO when there was also the option of only a 2 hour connection?

SEA-SFO-SAN (Yes it's ComicCon!)
Hmm... I think the system thinks it's a return leg as the little plane icon points right on the first leg but left on the second.. But then why did it only charge me a one way fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.