Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Can *G access UA Club on same-day international itinerary?

For example, ORD-LAX-NRT-SFO-BOS, can I enter the club in ORD and SFO?
Originally Posted by joshwex90
ORD, yes. SFO, I'm pretty sure no, as you need to have a departing international itinerary.
ALL clubs are accessible as a *G "in conjunction with an international itinerary" meaning you get them coming and going. The departing the local airport rule applies to premium cabin passengers without status in partner lounges.

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
How long does it take for an upgrade request to show up on the new united.com?
If properly waitlisted, it is immediate. You should see an extra line in your PNR with the "This segment is waitlisted" annotation.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
How long does it take for an upgrade request to show up on the new united.com? My travel dept says they sponsored an upgrade for me with one of their SWU's, but it isn't showing up when I look at the reservation.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that taking 24 hours or something to show up was a "feature" of continental.com, but I'm not sure....
"Immediate" for me on this new site is usually within an hour, though requests for waitlisting a different class of cabin seem to be faster.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Marriott Platinum, *Wood Gold, National Exec.
I'm a UA flyer not used to the CO website. Trying to book a flight from ORD to MCI next week. I'm only getting offered United First, however when I look at the seating chart there is availability in E+. I'm Gold...why won't the website offer me economy and let me select an E+ seat?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Redline325
I'm a UA flyer not used to the CO website. Trying to book a flight from ORD to MCI next week. I'm only getting offered United First, however when I look at the seating chart there is availability in E+. I'm Gold...why won't the website offer me economy and let me select an E+ seat?
It's either the end of spring break, or some other event, because the majority of flights in/out of MCI next week are pricing into the higher fare buckets, or going into F.. There may be a number of people in Y that don't have E+ selected, as they're hoping to get it for free, thus the empty seat map.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Marriott Platinum, *Wood Gold, National Exec.
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It's either the end of spring break, or some other event, because the majority of flights in/out of MCI next week are pricing into the higher fare buckets, or going into F.. There may be a number of people in Y that don't have E+ selected, as they're hoping to get it for free, thus the empty seat map.
Thanks for the quick reply. So what you're saying is Y really is full, but seats are unassigned so they are showing as open on the seating chart...when really they are not open? The thing with my company is that I can book the high fare...but I can't book into First or they won't reimburse me. I can book an instant upgrade fare as long as it says economy.....ugghhh.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:57 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. So what you're saying is Y really is full, but seats are unassigned so they are showing as open on the seating chart...when really they are not open? The thing with my company is that I can book the high fare...but I can't book into First or they won't reimburse me. I can book an instant upgrade fare as long as it says economy.....ugghhh.
You might be able to call in and force a full-fare economy seat. I don't know if that benefit still exists or not, but it might work.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Pretty much. There's also the possibility that the price of an economy ticket is more expensive than the lowest priced First class ticket, thus the reason you're getting an F seat.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Are they going to reinstate the ability to buy club memberships with miles? They quit before the transition (accordingly), but I never heard if it'd be starting back up or not.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by deirdre
Are they going to reinstate the ability to buy club memberships with miles? They quit before the transition (accordingly), but I never heard if it'd be starting back up or not.
I haven't read anything definitive one way or the other.
Originally Posted by Brasila
Do they want us to start sending in documentation form missing flight credits? I have flights on 3/5/12, 3/6/12, 3/8/12, 3/9/12 and 3/12/12 that have not posted.
I'd wait on those flights at this point. They only just turned the system back on today to start processing flight credits and I'm willing to bet that it takes some time to catch up over the next few days.

I don't remember ever faxing in copies of my BPs/receipts to the company but I've definitely emailed them in. I would bet that functionality survived.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
I haven't read anything definitive one way or the other.

I'd wait on those flights at this point. They only just turned the system back on today to start processing flight credits and I'm willing to bet that it takes some time to catch up over the next few days.

I don't remember ever faxing in copies of my BPs/receipts to the company but I've definitely emailed them in. I would bet that functionality survived.

I thought this was turned on last week not today. Althought I still am waiting for UA/CO flights from 2/28, 3/2, 3/4, 3/9 to post, and was going to call/email too. But trying to be patient. I need to book a reward and need the miles.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by rkaradi
I thought this was turned on last week not today.
It was turned on, showed some problems and was turned back off. They (hopefully) fixed the problems and planned to turn it back on today.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Expiration Questions

Wife and I don't have much MileagePlus activity, but we have a decent balance we don't want to see expire. Before the accounts merged, we could clearly our last activity date and our expiration date, 18 months later (December 31, 2012).

Logged into to the new MileagePlus page for respective accounts, and we can't find the expiration dates anymore.

Any way to monitor this so that the miles don't inadvertently slip away?

Assuming we've done nothing, our miles still expire as per the old MileagePlus date, right?

(BTW, when NW and DL merged, they added 1 mile to everyone's SkyMiles account to force activity so that nobody's account expired in the transition. Later, Delta decided to drop expiration dates entirely.)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Logged into to the new MileagePlus page for respective accounts, and we can't find the expiration dates anymore. ...
Hover the mouse over the underlined "Mileage Balance: " on the home page or in your MyAccount page.

Originally Posted by Bowgie
.....Any way to monitor this so that the miles don't inadvertently slip away?

Assuming we've done nothing, our miles still expire as per the old MileagePlus date, right? ...
Appears the expiration was not reset on the new accounts but it is relative easy to extend the expiration with any mileage activity -- as simple as an iTune purchase, car rental, motel stay, or numerous other mileage earning activities.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
trying to book an upgradeable trip to Asia from x US using a GPU. I know how to check space and I know how to apply upgrade (if this feature works). But when I go to the Advanced Search screen and check the box for upgradeable fares on UA.com it shows me eligible fares it includes the $600 fee and miles charge to book. If I deselect the upgrade box the fare drops to K class which I know is not eligible for UG. Alternately, if I manually enter in M class and check the box, the fare jumps up $500 more. Any thoughts on how to book w/out calling? What are my options if any?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rkaradi
trying to book an upgradeable trip to Asia from x US using a GPU. ...Alternately, if I manually enter in M class and check the box, the fare jumps up $500 more. Any thoughts on how to book w/out calling? What are my options if any?
Why request M fares, W is good enough for GPU and should be less expensive than M. However, W fares will likely be many hundreds of $$ more than K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.