Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hellyea
How long should I wait before I get worried or call UA to get the "ticketed" email for a reservation?

Made two yesterday -- one "ticketed" email came within 4 minutes, the other still hasn't been sent and isn't ticketed when I check it online. Thanks.
is the missing one all UA metal or other *A flights?

On all UA I think 2-4 hours would be the trip point for me, for partner flights 24 hours at the most.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
is the missing one all UA metal or other *A flights?

On all UA I think 2-4 hours would be the trip point for me, for partner flights 24 hours at the most.
All UA metal. These are flights in June and July so I'll give it a few days. Don't feel like waiting on hold for 30 minutes...
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But do visits the LH IFL in FRA.
I'd much higher recommend visiting the FCT in FRA!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
New GPU Rules?

Hi Everyone, hope this is a simple question.

I was told a few days ago that United flights booked on a Star Alliance Around the World ticket, are no longer upgradeable using a GPU. Even though the US international flights are all a 'D' booking code.

Has anyone experienced the same?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:39 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Not sure if anyone knows, but I have an upcoming award flight my return is bad, a very tight connection and I'd really like to fly direct. If award space opens after I've started my travel will I be able to change to the direct flight if space opens up?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Not sure if anyone knows, but I have an upcoming award flight my return is bad, a very tight connection and I'd really like to fly direct. If award space opens after I've started my travel will I be able to change to the direct flight if space opens up?
Yes
There may be a fee of $75 (or less based on elite status) per traveler if done 21 days or less before travel.
It is also possible to do the day of travel as a Same Day Change (a differetn fee may also apply).
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Anyone know if an A Fare books into C or F on 3 class plane. US has an A fare for 1/2 the price as UA for A UA Codeshare.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Anyone know if an A Fare books into C or F on 3 class plane. US has an A fare for 1/2 the price as UA for A UA Codeshare.
A gets you into F cabin on the 3-cabin. I booked a trip for April: A outbound, F inbound, and I have seats in F on the 3-cabin 767, no upgrade instruments of any kind were used.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: Miles & More
Ticket for infant + reservation not ticketed for 10 days

Hello,

I hope this is a simple enough question...

We made a reservation and have the following issues:

1. The infant does not appear on the reservation when we check online.
How can I make sure the infant gets a ticket?

2. The web site says:
"Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized..."
Since last Friday. The original reservation was made 10 days ago.

3. The credit card charge was pending for a while and then vanished.
I still have a pending small charge, which I assume is for the infant ticket.

Is there any chance the reservation will ticket eventually, and we should just wait?
If not, any advice on which is the best number to call?

Thank you
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by miritom
Hello,

I hope this is a simple enough question...

We made a reservation and have the following issues:

1. The infant does not appear on the reservation when we check online.
How can I make sure the infant gets a ticket?

2. The web site says:
"Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized..."
Since last Friday. The original reservation was made 10 days ago.

3. The credit card charge was pending for a while and then vanished.
I still have a pending small charge, which I assume is for the infant ticket.

Is there any chance the reservation will ticket eventually, and we should just wait?
If not, any advice on which is the best number to call?

Thank you
There were reports of major delays in ticketing a reservation, but they seem to have dropped off for about the last two weeks. It's disheartening to see you report one now. I suggest cancelling your reservation and trying it again, but do that on the phone with an agent. The reason is, if you're using a certificate, there may be a problem with it that requires human intervention to fix something before the reservation can ticket. The agent should be able to see the problem if one applies to this particular ticket. Or, there might be some issue because you indicated that you have a child under two. Otherwise, i haven't seen evidence that anyone can "force" the stuck reservation to ticket. Call united reservations and say that you want a new reservation.

Was the small charge you mention $1? I and others have noticed that, and it's a way for a merchant to check if your card is valid. That $1 would go away once the "real" charge went through.

Last edited by redwoman; Apr 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm Reason: add phone info
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:44 pm

Thank you for the help!

We called again and were told now ticketing was attempted automatically 30-40 times without success. It appears that the gift certificate we used is marked as half used, so they don't have enough funds. He said they need 24 hours again to check what's going on. I'm just wondering if the agent is now working on it, or ticketing is working on it, or it's a problem with the computer system?
When I check the balance on the gift certificate I get "The Gift Certificate Number entered is invalid.".

So the best course of action would be to call in, cancel the reservation and get a new one?
I'm afraid if we do that we might lose the money in the gift certificate somehow.
This has been through about half a dozen agents by now...

The small charge is about 200$ for the infant ticket.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by redwoman
There were reports of major delays in ticketing a reservation, but they seem to have dropped off for about the last two weeks. It's disheartening to see you report one now. I suggest cancelling your reservation and trying it again, but do that on the phone with an agent. The reason is, if you're using a certificate, there may be a problem with it that requires human intervention to fix something before the reservation can ticket. The agent should be able to see the problem if one applies to this particular ticket. Or, there might be some issue because you indicated that you have a child under two. Otherwise, i haven't seen evidence that anyone can "force" the stuck reservation to ticket. Call united reservations and say that you want a new reservation.

Was the small charge you mention $1? I and others have noticed that, and it's a way for a merchant to check if your card is valid. That $1 would go away once the "real" charge went through.

Last edited by miritom; Apr 3, 2012 at 4:28 pm Reason: Added more details
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by miritom
Thank you for the help!

We called again and were told now ticketing was attempted automatically 30-40 times without success. It appears that the gift certificate we used is marked as half used, so they don't have enough funds. He said they need 24 hours again to check what's going on. I'm just wondering if the agent is now working on it, or ticketing is working on it, or it's a problem with the computer system?
When I check the balance on the gift certificate I get "The Gift Certificate Number entered is invalid.".

So the best course of action would be to call in, cancel the reservation and get a new one?
I'm afraid if we do that we might lose the money in the gift certificate somehow.
This has been through about half a dozen agents by now...

The small charge is about 200$ for the infant ticket.

Thanks again!
Wel, I looked through all 12 pages of the "why won't my reservation ticket" thread and what I was looking for must be in a different thread. Somebody out there found that they too had an issue with a cert not being applied correctly and a person was able to help them, and I don't think they canceled the res, they just fixed it. Since your cert balance is now nothing, perhaps your res really is in the ticketing queue. In this case, I really would wait until tomorrow to call again if you need to.

Since the $200 charge for your infant's ticket went through to your cc, See if you can find out from the cc company the related charges info; there should be an eticket 13-digit number beginning with 016 and there should also be itin info there as well (airport, dates of travel, fare class). If you need to call UA again you can at least tell the agent "look, here is the eticket number for my kid. Can you use this to find out what's going on with mine? Aren't they on the same PNR?". Good luck!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:37 pm

Thank you for investing the time!
It's good to hear there's some hope
I'll wait until tomorrow.

Originally Posted by redwoman
Wel, I looked through all 12 pages of the "why won't my reservation ticket" thread and what I was looking for must be in a different thread. Somebody out there found that they too had an issue with a cert not being applied correctly and a person was able to help them, and I don't think they canceled the res, they just fixed it. Since your cert balance is now nothing, perhaps your res really is in the ticketing queue. In this case, I really would wait until tomorrow to call again if you need to.

Since the $200 charge for your infant's ticket went through to your cc, See if you can find out from the cc company the related charges info; there should be an eticket 13-digit number beginning with 016 and there should also be itin info there as well (airport, dates of travel, fare class). If you need to call UA again you can at least tell the agent "look, here is the eticket number for my kid. Can you use this to find out what's going on with mine? Aren't they on the same PNR?". Good luck!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
EQMs not being added to Lifetime total

Hi folks,

after a long time lurking, the 3/3 event made me realize how invaluable FT really is, so I decided to sign up and share my experiences as well whenever possible. Having been a CO Plat for the last few years, I've been learning a lot about the old and new UA in these threads.

Now, this post is regarding the fact that I believe my EQMs are not being added to my Lifetime total - I can't be 100% sure because I hadn't been paying that much attention to the latter. I've flown 40k last month, but my Lifetime miles seem to be stuck at 560k.

From what I understand from searching other threads, there is no way for me to track the evolution of my Lifetime miles, so I'm SOL in this regard. Is this indeed correct? Is anybody else experiencing a delay between miles being posted in the activity page and then to the Lifetime total?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by ULMFlyer
Now, this post is regarding the fact that I believe my EQMs are not being added to my Lifetime total - I can't be 100% sure because I hadn't been paying that much attention to the latter. I've flown 40k last month, but my Lifetime miles seem to be stuck at 560k....
For 2012, only BIS miles count for the Lifetime meteric.

Additionally many folks are having issues with Lifetime, RDMs and PQMs posting correctly since 3/3. In many case one or two of them may be right or two, but one or two are incorrect.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...all-wrong.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.