Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:13 am

Thanks for EWR/LH info. Another logistical question: I have three 50-pound pieces of rolling luggage plus a heavy laptop bag & a purse. I also have a Dollar car rental that I am supposed to drop off at station B on the EWR tram. How do I get all the luggage to the terminal by tram? As I recall from a flight a few years ago, they don't have luggage carts at the tram stations. Is it a good idea to park in close-up parking (does it exist?) and check my bags in before dropping off the car? Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by megldata
Thanks for EWR/LH info. Another logistical question: I have three 50-pound pieces of rolling luggage plus a heavy laptop bag & a purse. I also have a Dollar car rental that I am supposed to drop off at station B on the EWR tram. How do I get all the luggage to the terminal by tram? As I recall from a flight a few years ago, they don't have luggage carts at the tram stations. Is it a good idea to park in close-up parking (does it exist?) and check my bags in before dropping off the car? Thanks!
There is short-term parking - super close to Terminal C (across the street, accessible via elevator and walking via skybridge). There are almost always carts there leftover. You can check your luggage, go back to your car, drop off the car, and then take the AirTrain to your gates.

Not sure why there wouldn't be carts at P2 (I think that's what you mean by Station B). That would be silly - as there must be many folks lugging carts to P2.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Do the UA 777s have mood lighting? i've actually never been on the UA 777, all of my INTL flights have been on 767s of 747s thus far.

I know other airlines have mood lights in their 777s but those are the newer -300ER and -200LR versions.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
Do the UA 777s have mood lighting? i've actually never been on the UA 777, all of my INTL flights have been on 767s of 747s thus far.

I know other airlines have mood lights in their 777s but those are the newer -300ER and -200LR versions.
The only aircraft with mood lighting are the CO 737s with the BSI, and the DreamLemon.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: United Gold
I recently flew on a 777-200 (Version 3) from HNL-DEN and also DEN-HNL. The flight was eligible for CPU and I got upgraded on the outbound and inbound. This was one of the best CPUs I ever got because the United BusinessFirst® seats on this plane were pretty comfortable and I was able to sleep most of the way.

I was wondering if these planes are going to be upgraded to the lie flat United BusinessFirst® seats (and most likely require an RPU/GPU between HNL and DEN) or if they are going to remain the same and continue to be CPU eligible?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I was wondering if these planes are going to be upgraded to the lie flat United BusinessFirst® seats (and most likely require an RPU/GPU between HNL and DEN) or if they are going to remain the same and continue to be CPU eligible?
They are going to be upgraded to an "islands" config which won't be lie-flat but will be better than the 2-cabin domestic config 772s (e.g. ORD-HNL-GUM). What the upgrade policy will be remains to be seen.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:19 am

Okay, so CSR says that any "layover" over 4 hours on an international one way award ticket will split the reservation into two separate tickets requiring double the mileage.

Specifically, I am flying ICN-FRA-ORD. I get into FRA at 4:35PM which is after the last FRA-ORD has left. So I planned to overnight and take the first FRA-ORD flight at 8:05AM.

Does United not allow under 24 hour connections like this?

To prevent thread clutter thanks in advance!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:22 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by onlybeef42
Okay, so CSR says that any "layover" over 4 hours on an international one way award ticket will split the reservation into two separate tickets requiring double the mileage.

Specifically, I am flying ICN-FRA-ORD. I get into FRA at 4:35PM which is after the last FRA-ORD has left. So I planned to overnight and take the first FRA-ORD flight at 8:05AM.

This should be a no brainer on two counts.

Under 24 hour int'l connection AND last flight @:-)

Call again.

EmailKid
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

Call back. As long as the connection is 23:59 or less, it is permissible. I did this recently on NRT-LHR-ARN (stop for 23hrs), ARN-FRA (18 hour stop) FRA-MCO.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
This should be a no brainer on two counts.
Under 24 hour int'l connection AND last flight @:-)
Call again.
EmailKid
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Call back. As long as the connection is 23:59 or less, it is permissible. I did this recently on NRT-LHR-ARN (stop for 23hrs), ARN-FRA (18 hour stop) FRA-MCO.
Thank you both!

To follow up the Supervisor told me that the "75,000 mile option does not exist at this time". I laughed and said that option has never existed

Do you have a suggested time frame for me to call back to get a different call center/supervisor?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Thank you both!

To follow up the Supervisor told me that the "75,000 mile option does not exist at this time". I laughed and said that option has never existed

Do you have a suggested time frame for me to call back to get a different call center/supervisor?
I tend to get pretty good agents in the late afternoon/early evening EST.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:07 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
What brand of beer is availiable at the United Club PDX?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you both!

I would imagine that you would be alright if you called them back now, or within the next hour~.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I would imagine that you would be alright if you called them back now, or within the next hour~.
This agent is quoting a 12 hour baggage rule...

Is there any United website which includes the 24 hour international connection rule or a the "next available connection" rule?

Or, does anybody known the rule book number (assuming a rule book exists )?

EDIT - Found it on page 7 of the Contract of Carriage: http://www.united.com/web/format/pdf...f_Carriage.pdf

EDIT 2 - Now I am being told there you cannot connect go through two Asia regions to Europe to the US. Is this true that my full intended itinerary is HKT-ICN-FRA-ORD is invalid because HKT is in south Asia and ICN is in north Asia?

Does this also mean I couldn't do South Asia-Central Asia-Europe-US?

Last edited by onlybeef42; Mar 6, 2013 at 6:26 pm
Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
What brand of beer is availiable at the United Club PDX?
A Deschutes Ale and two "other" beers. I think Heinekin and Bud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.