Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:45 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by stut
Funnily enough, I requested that last night, having seen a (unanswered) complaint on Twitter about the same problem. It seems if the data isn't there for the letter, it gives you information for your GP to resolve, rather than the "Data Corrections Team", who will take at least 21 days. So it's worth a try - at least I'll have some knowledge of whether the issue is that the data is missing, or whether it's a clumsy way of preventing you from getting a pass while you have Covid, that isn't synced up with the actual number of self-isolation days you've been given.
So, my vaccine confirmation letter turned up today. Looks like it's just really poor UX/error handling on the app, rather than a data issue.

The app has started working again now, showing the vaccinations and also a COVID recovery cert. I'm making the assumption that it's reappeared because today is the last day of isolation had I not had symptoms before the test, rather than the request for the letter prompting a data refresh.

Glad I have it, though, there's a fair few work things where I need this.
JustTheOne and DaveS like this.

Last edited by stut; Nov 20, 2021 at 6:51 am
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
All booster jabs done more than 5 days ago should now be fully visible on the England App.
What's the best route to chase if booster has not appeared? Husband got third jab 10 days ago now and not showing on NHS app either in Travel Covid pass or in his health record. Jab given at local pharmacy, don't know how frequently central database is updated. He is 65+ and travel planned to France after they require jab 3 for his age group.
GregWTravels likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Morland
What's the best route to chase if booster has not appeared? Husband got third jab 10 days ago now and not showing on NHS app either in Travel Covid pass or in his health record. Jab given at local pharmacy, don't know how frequently central database is updated. He is 65+ and travel planned to France after they require jab 3 for his age group.
Contact the pharmacy. Some pharmacies are slow with their data entry. They will probably tell you it can take up to 2 weeks to show, which is true if they do their data entry in bulk once a week!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
So as a reference point I had my booster at 0825 yesterday at a vaccination centre, when I turned the phone on at 0615 today, my record now shows 3/3 in the travel section with a QR code.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:47 am

Datapoint: Pharmacy sent him to 119, 119 sent him to Pharmacy, in the end both told him to "wait and it will appear", which it did this morning, two weeks after the jab.
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Datapoint: Pharmacy sent him to 119, 119 sent him to Pharmacy, in the end both told him to "wait and it will appear", which it did this morning, two weeks after the jab.
Thanks Morland. I'm at 9 days since my jab, and nothing in either my GP record or the Covid pass. I'm hoping that it'll be figured out by the start of next week.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i dont see why the booster would show under the travel app because (1) its not intended for everyone, (2) the two jabs + 14days are the complete vaccination currently and (3) the booster causes confusion as i experience traveling with my parents in october through europe. the restaurants etc were fixated on the final date since the CDC cards show all 3 jabs when really they were fully vaccinated + 14 days by last march. so i dont see why it would show under travel at the moment.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why does the booster cause confusion? On the NHS app it says "booster" and "Dose 3/3". I don't know why that would cause confusion.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Why does the booster cause confusion? On the NHS app it says "booster" and "Dose 3/3". I don't know why that would cause confusion.
go into any restaurant in italy or greece or portugal where they want proof and explain to them why it shouldnt cause confusion.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VSLover
go into any restaurant in italy or greece or portugal where they want proof and explain to them why it shouldnt cause confusion.
Nicely explained. No wonder they didn't bother letting you in.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:36 pm

i dont see why the booster would show under the travel app because (1) its not intended for everyone, (2) the two jabs + 14days are the complete vaccination currently and (3) the booster causes confusion as i experience traveling with my parents in october through europe. the restaurants etc were fixated on the final date since the CDC cards show all 3 jabs when really they were fully vaccinated + 14 days by last march. so i dont see why it would show under travel at the moment.
Because in certain countries, the booster is required for certain people. From Dec 15, if you're over 65, if the booster doesn't show in the travel app, you won't get into restaurants and bars in France. From Jan 15, whatever age you are, if your original second jab is more than 7 months ago, you won't get into French bars and restaurants without a booster. In countries with QR codes, it's not a matter for interpretation, the venue scans the QR code and the scanner app gives a green light or red light - there's no place for discussion, the scanning app applies the rules. So without the booster in the travel app, my husband won't get into any bars or restaurants in France from the middle of next month. If you only have the CDC card, the venue has to interpret that, but for countries with more sophisticated systems, the app is critical.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Nicely explained. No wonder they didn't bother letting you in.
not sure what else you are asking beyond real world experience to go in to places 🙄
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:57 pm

Because in certain countries, the booster is required for certain people. From Dec 15, if you're over 65, if the booster doesn't show in the travel app, you won't get into restaurants and bars in France. From Jan 15, whatever age you are, if your original second jab is more than 7 months ago, you won't get into French bars and restaurants without a booster. In countries with QR codes, it's not a matter for interpretation, the venue scans the QR code and the scanner app gives a green light or red light - there's no place for discussion, the scanning app applies the rules. So without the booster in the travel app, my husband won't get into any bars or restaurants in France from the middle of next month. If you only have the CDC card, the venue has to interpret that, but for countries with more sophisticated systems, the app is critical.
sure if the app works but more often than not from actual experience this last month, it does not. plus the booster is only a requirement in france for 65+ and not a common EU issue yet which is my point.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:13 am

sure if the app works but more often than not from actual experience this last month, it does not. plus the booster is only a requirement in france for 65+ and not a common EU issue yet which is my point.
Well all I'll say is that the NHS app worked every time when I was there last month, we don't have CDC cards to show, and as one of us is over 65 it's absolutely critical that the booster shows on his app for our next visit to France. Which is my point. And I'm talking about it showing on the English NHS app, given that this is a thread about "Vaccine passports for UK citizens" - not the French TAC app or any other bits of paper.
Silver Fox and plunet like this.

Last edited by Morland; Nov 27, 2021 at 6:13 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'd like to give the developers of the NHS app some credit here, and suggest that they are deliberately delaying the appearance of the booster in the app because they know that many countries consider someone fully vaccinated only after two weeks have elapsed since their last jab. I'd like to, but in reality they probably haven't considered that and are simply very inefficient at uploading data.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.