Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You are lucky. Mine is Lincoln, 191 miles away. But yes, I'm sure more centres will be added in due course.
Have you checked for flights LHR-WTN?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:12 am

I used my Scottish app 3rd dose certificate, that began showing last night, to scan and generate an EU Digital Cert on the two German apps, which worked, but it says the certificate expires on the 13th (I got my vaccine on 05 Dec). Anyone else having this same issue? Is this because I had it only 5 days ago and after 14 days it will update/fix itself, or what is going on?

I scanned it in the Swiss app and it worked fine, but I prefer to use the German app when I am in Germany.

(No 3rd dose on the Scottish paper one yet.)
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I am seeing one available right across the road from the British Library. Much easier (for those of us in London) than the Grafton Centre!
Thank you for this. I think the IT is still being ironed out. Every available date and time I selected resulted in an error message saying that it was no longer available. But I will try again tomorrow!
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Up in Scotland I have just had my covid booster ( pfizer - doses 1 & 2 were AZ) and flu jab at the community hospital.

Unlike Doses 1 & 2 where there was no wait , this time there was a 50min queue ( my appointment was 12noon) just to checkin ( just seemed they scheduled a lot more appointments than the vaccinators could deal with ( last weekend was a 2hr queue) .Some people who arrived after me gave up and went home not joining the queue ( I think more vaccinators were brought in as the queue seemed to be slightly less than when I left. After check in about a 5min wait, 2 jabs in opposite arms then a 10min wait.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113
I used my Scottish app 3rd dose certificate, that began showing last night, to scan and generate an EU Digital Cert on the two German apps, which worked, but it says the certificate expires on the 13th (I got my vaccine on 05 Dec). Anyone else having this same issue? Is this because I had it only 5 days ago and after 14 days it will update/fix itself, or what is going on?

I scanned it in the Swiss app and it worked fine, but I prefer to use the German app when I am in Germany.

(No 3rd dose on the Scottish paper one yet.)
Today my third dose certificate expired, and even in the Swiss app, where it had been fine, it's now expired again. Not sure what to do tbh
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:30 pm

Today my third dose certificate expired, and even in the Swiss app, where it had been fine, it's now expired again. Not sure what to do tbh
When I scan it fresh from the Scottish app, it gives me 3 days of validity in the German app. Swiss says a year, but it'll expire then too like the other did today I guess.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:34 pm

When I scan it fresh from the Scottish app, it gives me 3 days of validity in the German app. Swiss says a year, but it'll expire then too like the other did today I guess.
Scottish PDF now shows dose 3 but not dose 1. When I scan this, it is valid until February...
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Scottish PDF now shows dose 3 but not dose 1. When I scan this, it is valid until February...
I am seeing something similar when I log into NHS Inform Scotland. The paper version now shows doses 2 and 3, but not dose 1, although I do have an expiry date of March next year. The original paper version, with doses 1 and 2, had an expiry date in September next year! The App does not show the third dose, but it's still less than 14 days since my booster.

I may have a short business trip to Zurich next week so do I have to use the Swiss app or will the Scottish one be OK?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You are lucky. Mine is Lincoln, 191 miles away. But yes, I'm sure more centres will be added in due course.
This morning, the only availability throughout the whole of England was in Peterborough, not that it was actually possible to book any of the supposedly available appointments. Now - zilch anywhere in the whole country. Due course isn't much help when this continued incompetence stops you getting a booster.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ardecos
I am seeing something similar when I log into NHS Inform Scotland. The paper version now shows doses 2 and 3, but not dose 1, although I do have an expiry date of March next year. The original paper version, with doses 1 and 2, had an expiry date in September next year! The App does not show the third dose, but it's still less than 14 days since my booster.

I may have a short business trip to Zurich next week so do I have to use the Swiss app or will the Scottish one be OK?
Do we care about dose 1 now? I don't know!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Do we care about dose 1 now? I don't know!
The England app and PDF certificate still shows everything. The PDF runs to 3 pages with the recovery certificate. All are valid for 30 days from the date they are requested.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
How can under 18s convert overseas vaccination certificates into the NHS Covid Pass? Will the GP be able to?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Had my booster in England today - for some reason, the database didn't show my doses 1 and 2 (from Wales), even though they appear in the NHS app and COVID Pass. My GP in England can see both previous doses and confirmed they're on their system. The walk-in centre couldn't see my previous doses at all and made a note to try and add the booster as an actual booster (their system would only let them enter it as Dose 1). Let's see what the app and COVID Pass say in 5 days time when they've had time to update.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Originally Posted by seattle29
Had my booster in England today - for some reason, the database didn't show my doses 1 and 2 (from Wales), even though they appear in the NHS app and COVID Pass. My GP in England can see both previous doses and confirmed they're on their system. The walk-in centre couldn't see my previous doses at all and made a note to try and add the booster as an actual booster (their system would only let them enter it as Dose 1). Let's see what the app and COVID Pass say in 5 days time when they've had time to update.
Update: It's showing as Dose 3 (Booster) on my Covid Pass this morning, 18 hours after the jab. So it was nothing to worry about!
HB7 and DaveS like this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Just thought I'd give an update as to where I have got as one of those with two overseas jabs:

My MP finally got an answer from Maggie Throup's office about what was happening for those of us in that situation earlier this month, a week shy of 3 months since he first asked. It didn't really answer the questions, but it did say that "Since September 30, individuals residing in England who have received their vaccinations outside of the UK are being contacted to book an appointment at a vaccination centre to have these vaccinations recorded in their health records". Exactly how they knew who to contact, Lord only knows..... It then went on to say that initially that would only apply to those vaccinated in Europe, the US and Switzerland (so not hubby and me) and that "information on booster vaccinations for people in England who have received their vaccinations outside of the UK will be issued in due course". No good news for us.

So less than a week later, when the NHS website was updated on 9 December (post 684) to say that we could now book appointments to get our records updated, I was pleased and relieved. Until we actually tried to book an appointment. Like others in this BBC article, on one day we had a choice of Peterborough or nowhere, followed the next day by nowhere or nowhere. Eventually managed to book appointments (for next week) in London for hubby and me last night, hurrah!

One thing I hadn't expected, given the comment in Maggie Throup's letter, was that we'd be able to get booster jabs without having had the first two recorded by the NHS. However the BBC article says that we should be able to - at a walk in centre. There's not many of those round here and I wasn't sure that I fancied a four hour wait, only to be told the BBC were wrong. But then the stars aligned. I just happened to be taking mum for treatment at an NHS clinic this morning and the clinic in turn just happened to be administering booster jabs for those with appointments. A quick chat explaining our predicament, a bit of a confab between members of staff and half an hour later, we were jabbed.

So hopefully by this time next week, we'll be all up to date according to the NHS, at last.

One question though. The BBC article says there are 16 centres doing the overseas jab paperwork appointments. Does anyone know where these are or how to find that out? If we can find more a convenient venue to do it that would be great, but it's difficult to find out if there is somewhere more convenient if you don't know what the options are!
adrianlondon, DaveS and Pegasus42 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.