Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2022, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by plunet
Might be worth a call to 119 in the first instance?
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
The old DD/MM MM/DD issue. The fact that it is in there hopefully means it can easily be fixed. Good luck sorting it.
Thanks a lot for the input. I called 119, and the woman said she couldn't do it on the phone but could make an appointment - and that going through the appointment process on the 'I received a vaccine abroad' webpage was the only way. I mentioned that the website was now giving me options of going to all kinds of small pharmacies up the road, not just the handful of vaccine centers, and was sceptical that this was the correct way. If I made an appointment and go somewhere only to be told they can't do such things, I thought it would be a wasted trip, but she insisted it was fine. So... I guess I'll try that first since at least the local pharmacy won't be very far away. If they say no, then I'll try calling 119 again.
Silver Fox, DaveS and plunet like this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by under2100
Thanks a lot for the input. I called 119, and the woman said she couldn't do it on the phone but could make an appointment - and that going through the appointment process on the 'I received a vaccine abroad' webpage was the only way. I mentioned that the website was now giving me options of going to all kinds of small pharmacies up the road, not just the handful of vaccine centers, and was sceptical that this was the correct way. If I made an appointment and go somewhere only to be told they can't do such things, I thought it would be a wasted trip, but she insisted it was fine. So... I guess I'll try that first since at least the local pharmacy won't be very far away. If they say no, then I'll try calling 119 again.
Thanks for coming back and posting an update of how it went. It’s disappointing about the simple data entry error with the date format. You might try calling 119 again and asking specifically to be put in contact with the Data Resolution Team which I think is part of the Vaccine Data Resolution Service (VDRS). This link suggests the VDRS should be able to deal with issues relating to NHS records of foreign-received vaccinations. I tried this in February, when my NHS record had not been updated 4 weeks after my appointment to register 3 Covid jabs administered in Australia. Admittedly, I got nowhere on the phone with the VDRS/DRT and had to make a second appointment but you may have more success resolving the error on the phone: it’s a simpler thing to explain and rectify than the absence of any NIMS record (my situation). I am not an NHS insider but there are one or two such people on FT who could confirm or correct my advice.

Also useful (to me at least) was what you said about the registration appointment link now throwing up multiple local pharmacies as options. This is new and a helpful / logical step. I just went through most of the steps to make a booking and was offered several very local options that will be fine to use, for NHS registration of my second booster, on my own next visit to the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.