Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would expect next week. JCVI has only made its decision today and it has a few other hoops to get through on the NHS side. Moreover, to prevent a rush of lower priority groups next week, they may well stagger the age groups a bit. But those over 30 and 6 months past vaccine 2 (the new minima after dose2 is 3 months, which I'm not sure is a good idea, but anyways) should be able to get appointments in the next 3 weeks or so. Stocks of Pfizer are not high, so boosters may well be Moderna.
Good news, as that's the bucket I'm in. I'll keep trying every day to book, as my colleague (in the 40+ group) did that and was able to book prior to the announcement.

Update, I see it's live via a notice on https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/

You are in a queue

Lots of people are trying to book an appointment.

You are number 736 in the queue. Your estimated wait time is about 5 minutes.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
The NHS is working on plans to offer:
  • a booster dose to everyone aged 18 years old and over
  • a booster dose to people aged 16 years old and over with a severely weakened immune system
  • booster doses from 3 months after the previous dose - currently it's from 6 months after the previous dose
  • a 2nd dose to all children aged 12 to 15 years old who are not already eligible
Please note that this is not yet available.
New message on the booking website.
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:17 am

I just booked my booster jab, but am bit out off by this page
Can I have a booster without being immunosupprest and not being health or social worker?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:19 am

Stocks of Pfizer are not high, so boosters may well be Moderna.
This is certainly the case in Germany (I’ve been told that there is lots of Moderna that needs using before it expires early next year). Leaving aside the perceived immunological benefits of mixing vaccines, I assume that having a different booster to the main shots will not cause a problem for either the EU Covid pass or NHS passes (or indeed for their mutual recognition)?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by flyslow
Can I have a booster without being immunosupprest and not being health or social worker?
Yes.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyslow
That is a confusing piece of wording it you look at it for too long. For those who are entitled to a third primary dose, or in health and social care then we've been asking for that paperwork, to ensure we can tick the right boxes. But if you are due a booster - which is seemingly pretty much everyone now - then just show up with a mask. Even the booking reference isn't that useful, but writing out your name, NHS number and date of birth in this format - 10-JAN-1967 - on a post-it note will make your screener smile.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:14 pm

That is a confusing piece of wording it you look at it for too long. For those who are entitled to a third primary dose, or in health and social care then we've been asking for that paperwork, to ensure we can tick the right boxes. But if you are due a booster - which is seemingly pretty much everyone now - then just show up with a mask. Even the booking reference isn't that useful, but writing out your name, NHS number and date of birth in this format - 10-JAN-1967 - on a post-it note will make your screener smile.
Thank you very much for informative post as always
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
About a week after my booster, I requested and then received the NHS paper COVID pass letter. It only shows my first 2 jabs, whereas the app also shows my booster (and did so less than 24 hours after the 3rd jab- well before I requested the letter.)

So does anyone know please- Is it normal for the letter-style pass to only show 2 jabs or has something gone awry in my case? Seems a bit pointless if so.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:01 am

Residents in England who have received COVID-19 vaccinations overseas

See important update for UK residents vaccinated overseas below. Original text / links here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covi...tions-overseas

Residents in England who have received COVID-19 vaccinations overseas

From 9 December, if you live in England and have had one or more of your COVID-19 vaccinations administered overseas, you can have your vaccination details added to your NHS Record. You can then generate an NHS COVID Pass for domestic use and international travel if you meet certain certification requirements.

Eligible vaccines

You can use this service if you’ve had one or more of the following vaccines:
  • Moderna
  • AstraZeneca
  • Pfizer
  • Janssen
There will remain a small number of countries and territories where this service will not be enabled. However, international COVID-19 certification accepted at the UK border is also accepted at events and venues in England.

Book an appointment to register your overseas vaccinations

To register your overseas vaccinations, you’ll need to book an appointment at a selected list of vaccination centres across England.

Book an appointment to register your overseas vaccination with the NHS.

Staff are not able to register your overseas vaccinations unless you book in advance.

Details of your overseas vaccination will then be recorded in the National Immunisation Management System.

If you’re registered with a GP in England and were vaccinated in Scotland, Wales or the Isle of Man, you do not need to book an appointment at a vaccination centre. Those registered with a GP in England who received Novavax, Valneva and Medicago vaccinations administered in the UK can also access an NHS COVID Pass.

If you need help using this service, contact the NHS COVID Pass service by telephoning:
  • 119 from the UK
  • +44 151 905 0119 from overseas (you’ll be charged according to your carrier’s rates)
As an additional update, I was unable to get the site to let me book the appointment showing as available, so called 119 for assistance.

Instead of helping me book the appointment as I expected, they instead took details of my vaccines abroad and asked for confirmation I had shared this with my GP previously. On the basis that yes, the GP had recorded them in my health record notes, the 119 team member indicated that there was actually no need to book an in person appointment and that he had submitted my details so this could be addressed remotely. Apparently it will take a 'few days' but I can then hope to see my foreign jabs on my NHS covid pass in the app. I will report back!

Last edited by fc0175; Dec 9, 2021 at 2:43 pm
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by fc0175
See important update for UK residents vaccinated overseas below. Original text / links here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covi...tions-overseas

As an additional update, I was unable to get the site to let me book the appointment showing as available, so called 119 for assistance.

Instead of helping me book the appointment as I expected, they instead took details of my vaccines abroad and asked for confirmation I had shared this with my GP previously. On the basis that yes, the GP had recorded them in my health record notes, the 119 team member indicated that there was actually no need to book an in person appointment and that he had submitted my details so this could be addressed remotely. Apparently it will take a 'few days' but I can then hope to see my foreign jabs on my NHS covid pass in the app. I will report back!
Brilliant news and thanks for posting. Sadly the nearest appointment available to central London is 51 miles away in Cambridge Will keep checking and see if it improves.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
119 are telling me that they have to register me with the Vaccine Resolution Centre (again).... as they took 6 weeks to call me back last time after they promised 48 hours, the fact he says they will get back to me within 21 days doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence...

It's all on my medical records, not sure why this is so hard to do!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by jh321
119 are telling me that they have to register me with the Vaccine Resolution Centre (again).... as they took 6 weeks to call me back last time after they promised 48 hours, the fact he says they will get back to me within 21 days doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence...

It's all on my medical records, not sure why this is so hard to do!
<'Allo, 'Allo mode on> Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once, NHS admin is appalling.<'Allo, 'Allo mode off>

It's stuck in the 60s. I would say 1860s but seeing it wasn't around then.....it's like wives though, you have to watch them like a hawk.
Parkdesigner and jh321 like this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Brilliant news and thanks for posting. Sadly the nearest appointment available to central London is 51 miles away in Cambridge Will keep checking and see if it improves.
You are lucky. Mine is Lincoln, 191 miles away. But yes, I'm sure more centres will be added in due course.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Just to note that the NHS App Covid Pass should now work - more or less for everyone now - on Google Pay and Apple Wallet. It works best if you have finger / face recognition, and you will need to keep refresshing it, but it's a bit quicker than going through the main NHS login.
squawk likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I am seeing one available right across the road from the British Library. Much easier (for those of us in London) than the Grafton Centre!
ExpatExp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.