Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone had any luck with this situation... first dose in Barbados, second AZ in UK. My doctor says that I'm fully vaccinated, but the app only shows 2 of 2. So I'm stuck.

I've been trying very unsucessfully to resolve this for months. Tried the 119 Vaccine Resolution line in August. Had a call monthly with a 'sorry nothing we can do yet' answer. GP can't help. Vaccine centre that gave the jabs can't help. My MP wrote to NHS Digital 10 weeks ago, and has chased a reply, but still no response. Thankfully I'm working in the USA and so far it's not been a problem, but it's so frustrating that I can't show a covid pass in any of these countries as the UK govt / NHS has not found a way to update their app.

I'm hesitant to get a third jab just yet in case it doesn't show in the right place and also still dealing with a few side effects. But as the UK govt has confirmed that the Barbados AZ is acceptable, as is mixed doses ie UK and Barbados, I just can't understand why they can't get it together to reflect it on the app.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I was going to suggest you get a booster at 6 months, side effects on Boosters are very low indeed, but it would be wrong to have a booster before 6 months. However I fear that it would go down on NIMS as a booster rather than dose 1 so it wouldn't help matters. It may therefore be better to get a booster in Barbados, where presumably it would be recorded as dose 2.

Having said that, if your MP hasn't had a substantive reply from NHS Digital, ask him/her to raise it as a written question to the Vaccines Minister, either on the Order Paper or as a direct approach to her. That's probably the fastest way to get an answer even though I fear it will be "we are investigating the options".
Old Nov 12, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
It does show the third dose.
but only in the list of medicines, not on the travel / events pass. Under the list of medicines it shows the date and type (Pfizer), but not the batch number. Furthermore taking a screenshot of the medicines list is futile as your name isn’t on that screen.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Having said that, if your MP hasn't had a substantive reply from NHS Digital, ask him/her to raise it as a written question to the Vaccines Minister, either on the Order Paper or as a direct approach to her. That's probably the fastest way to get an answer even though I fear it will be "we are investigating the options".
My MP asked the Vaccines Minister exactly the same question (given he announced this issue would be solved by the end of July earlier that month) in early September and I've heard absolutely nothing since, so you'd probably be wasting your time. There aren't many people in this position who have a vote so they don't care.

For me that meant 10 days home quarantine after getting pinged returning to the UK when someone on the plane tested positive as the NHS refused to accept I had been vaccinated despite immigration grudgingly accepting my Aussie vaccine certificate.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 8:52 am

I was going to suggest you get a booster at 6 months, side effects on Boosters are very low indeed, but it would be wrong to have a booster before 6 months. However I fear that it would go down on NIMS as a booster rather than dose 1 so it wouldn't help matters. It may therefore be better to get a booster in Barbados, where presumably it would be recorded as dose 2.

Thank you corporate-wage-slave this sounds like an excellent idea, I will try that thank you!
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by jh321
Thank you corporate-wage-slave this sounds like an excellent idea, I will try that thank you!
Perhaps you could ask them to reply to my MP (Adam Holloway) on this exact point whilst they are at it.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:22 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
My vaccines seen to have disappeared! Anyone else had this? When I go into the NHS app, it no longer finds any vaccination records (they're from March and May) so won't generate a pass for me.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by stut
My vaccines seen to have disappeared! Anyone else had this? When I go into the NHS app, it no longer finds any vaccination records (they're from March and May) so won't generate a pass for me.
Did you have a positive test recently?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I am Feb-May and it shows fine. Have you had a booster jab? Or anything that might upset the app? Do other recrods show or is it just covid, ie. can you see the details in your medications? Have you tried refreshing it? Clearing cache? Delete/reinstall? Sacrifice to the gods?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Did you have a positive test recently?
Yes, was ill with the 'rona last week, but out of Covid jail now. Does it take a while to update? Kind of need it fairly soon!

Spoke to 119, and they were saying there's been a recent data issue, with a number of people affected.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:49 am

Yes, was ill with the 'rona last week, but out of Covid jail now. Does it take a while to update? Kind of need it fairly soon!

Spoke to 119, and they were saying there's been a recent data issue, with a number of people affected.
Have you got / requested the paper letter version? Always good to have that as backup.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...d-pass-letter/

If I recall, you may also be able to download a pdf version through that letter request form (ie without needing the app) although I don’t know if that data process will also be affected by whatever’s affecting your app.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Have you got / requested the paper letter version? Always good to have that as backup.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...d-pass-letter/

If I recall, you may also be able to download a pdf version through that letter request form (ie without needing the app) although I don’t know if that data process will also be affected by whatever’s affecting your app.
Funnily enough, I requested that last night, having seen a (unanswered) complaint on Twitter about the same problem. It seems if the data isn't there for the letter, it gives you information for your GP to resolve, rather than the "Data Corrections Team", who will take at least 21 days. So it's worth a try - at least I'll have some knowledge of whether the issue is that the data is missing, or whether it's a clumsy way of preventing you from getting a pass while you have Covid, that isn't synced up with the actual number of self-isolation days you've been given.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:38 am

Hi corporate-wage-slave so I tried this... but my MP (Dominic Raab) is a Minister so doesn't have the ability to ask questions. I've been saying to his office since April (!), and certainly more recently when they confirmed Barbados vaccine was acceptable, that surely as a Minister (for Justice), he should have the ability to not just write a letter asking what is happening at NHS Digital, but as a Govt they should be able to instruct them to update the code so that it reflects Govt policy?

It's horrendous that we are fully vaccinated but can't prove it. It is so frustrating that our govt has still not put anything in place to help the many of us in these slighty different situations, but fully vaccinated!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:01 am

Ps I ironically just got a 'response'... Dominic's office feels this is a success... it's heartbreaking. I've been asking them to help me since April. And the NHS has done is confirm that there is no solution. Despite being fully vaccinated I am currently being barred from work and travel in a lot of countries! How on earth this response took 7 months is beyond me...Thank you for your email and please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in our response.
At the moment vaccines administered overseas cannot be recorded in the UK vaccine system so no vaccine certificate is currently available from the NHS. This issue is being worked on and solution options are expected soon.
The patient can speak with her GP Practice if they are registered in the UK, (although from reading the correspondence it appears the patient has already done this) who can update the patient's records providing that they have evidence of the vaccinations, however, unfortunately this will not yet be reflected for the 'vaccine certificate'. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
All booster jabs done more than 5 days ago should now be fully visible on the England App. There is a third pane for the booster, which should appear as the most recent pane when you open it up. If you download the PDF version it now stretches over 2 pages. Unfortunately those who had a third primary dose won't see any difference from a booster jab.

Wales and Isle of Man use similar procesess, so though I haven't checked I imagine it's the same for them. Scotland and Northern Irelaand - I've no idea.
bluemoon68 and DaveS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.