Reload this Page >

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I know from personal experience that Portugal is fine with the NHS App and the version sent by NHS by post via 119. One Holiday Inn I stayed at even knew where to press the App buttons to get the other vaccine details.
Internaut likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I have a similar question. I have my NHS vaccine certificate in the French Tous Anti-COVID app. I am wondering if the Italians will accept Tous Anti-COVID.
I had no issues doing this in Italy, QR code scanned successfully during green pass checks at restaurants etc.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:46 am

Fourth jab... and flu, too

Almost a month after my booster jab, it had still not appeared in my medical record, I was getting nowhere with either my GP or 119 in trying to rectify that and was still receiving daily SMS invitations to get one. So I made an appointment and went to get a fourth jab today.

The vaccination centre was much busier than last time, with a queue snaking out onto the street and a zigzag tensa barrier maze inside. But with 12 vaccinators the queue moved quickly and I was only waiting in line for 20 minutes. This time I was given a vaccination card with details of the dose (I received nothing last time), and was assured that it would appear in my medical history in a day or two. I can only assume that someone did something wrong last time.

I was asked if I'd like to have a flu jab too, which I did. So that's me fully jabbed up for the winter.
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I really can't recommend getting a 4th jab. It is safe to do this, and there are people who have had 2 doses on the same day on the balance of risk basis (Pfizer needle hubs occasionally snap, and some people have strange fat layers which chucks out the vaccine). Still it's outside clinical provision.

By coincidence a few days ago we were reminded of the following (which answers some other queries above):

"The Vaccine Data Resolution Service (VDRS) aims to resolve missing or incorrect vaccination records for people vaccinated in England who have a current NHS number and are registered with a GP practice in England.If you believe there is missing or incorrect COVID-19 vaccination data on your record, please call 119 and ask the call agent to make a referral to the VDRS team on your behalf. The VDRS team will then contact you within 5 working days.

Please note: 119 and VDRS call agents will not provide clinical advice and cannot assist with queries related to vaccinations received overseas. If the query relates to personal information that is incorrect on your patient record (e.g. name, address), please contact your GP practice to update this".
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Deleted

Last edited by Silver Fox; Oct 7, 2021 at 3:30 am
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I really can't recommend getting a 4th jab. It is safe to do this, and there are people who have had 2 doses on the same day on the balance of risk basis (Pfizer needle hubs occasionally snap, and some people have strange fat layers which chucks out the vaccine). Still it's outside clinical provision.
Perhaps not recommended, and certainly outside clinical provision, but unfortunately made necessary by my utter failure in trying to get anyone in the NHS to show an interest in getting my vaccination record corrected.

Strangely, a couple of hours after receiving my second booster my first one suddenly appeared in my medical record in the NHS app, with the correct date (11 September): that cannot be coincidence. Neither the second jab nor the flu jab I received yesterday has appeared yet. There is clearly some very careless data entry going on.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Misco60
Perhaps not recommended, and certainly outside clinical provision, but unfortunately made necessary by my utter failure in trying to get anyone in the NHS to show an interest in getting my vaccination record corrected.

Strangely, a couple of hours after receiving my second booster my first one suddenly appeared in my medical record in the NHS app, with the correct date (11 September): that cannot be coincidence. Neither the second jab nor the flu jab I received yesterday has appeared yet. There is clearly some very careless data entry going on.
Has either or both jabs given you any problems today?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by DaveS
Has either or both jabs given you any problems today?
My left arm (Pfizer) is more than a little tender to the touch, but there has been no reaction whatsoever in my right arm (flu).

It might be worth mentioning here that whereas I was able to get my flu jab at the same time as my booster, a friend who went with me as a walk-in wasn't able to because he is over 65 and apparently the flu jab for over-65s is different from that for under-65s.
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60

I know of 4 people who have had the booster recently, the furthest back 2 weeks ago and the most recent (me) on Sunday. They appeared on the app for the first time today under acute medicines for all of us, but still aren't showing in the travel certificate QR code section. Suggests something has happened recently that prevented the boosters showing and this is now sorted. It can't be a coincidence as they were all done on different days. I know my data was entered correctly as I did it myself and we enter the data at the same time as the vaccination happens.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
I know of 4 people who have had the booster recently, the furthest back 2 weeks ago and the most recent (me) on Sunday. They appeared on the app for the first time today under acute medicines for all of us, but still aren't showing in the travel certificate QR code section. Suggests something has happened recently that prevented the boosters showing and this is now sorted. It can't be a coincidence as they were all done on different days. I know my data was entered correctly as I did it myself and we enter the data at the same time as the vaccination happens.
Just for info for anyone else getting their booster soon, my (2nd) booster appeared in the GP Health Record section of my NHS app on Sunday afternoon, under both Immunisations and Acute Medicines, four days after being vaccinated. The friend who had his booster at the same time as me said that it appeared in his app at about the same time.

Details of the booster have not appeared in NHS Covid Pass section of the app, but I was expecting that: the young lady who vaccinated me told me that boosters will not appear in the Covid Pass.

The flu jab that I was given at the same time has not yet found its way into my online medical record.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Currently, it seems that the QR code scanner used in Germany doesn't accept NHS codes. Most indoor things in Germany need proof of vaccination, recovery or recent test.

Luckily, in a week, only 2 places tried to scan our QR codes, everywhere else just wanted to see something showing a 2nd vaccination date, so it wasn't much of an issue. Very different from France, where the preferred check was scanning a QR code (which luckily does accept the NHS ones, as long as the person updated their TAC-verif app moderately recently)
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
The Netherlands also don't currently recognise NHS codes, either natively or imported into the French Tous Anti Covid app (tested using the official NL CoronaCheck Scanner app). This means daily testing if you want to go to museums, bars or restaurants. Not sure how strictly it is being enforced but the policy is delaying my visit...
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:18 am

The German App doesn't seem to recognise the NHS code when you download it on the Apple wallet. I double-checked the "Verifica C19 app" that Italian businesses use and here's what I found of my round of testing using the Italian app:

1. NHS PDF: code recognised for second dose, rejected for first
2. NHS App on-screen code: as above
3. NHS pass on Apple wallet: code rejected for second dose, accepted for first

I'm now going to find the German application and will repeat my tests...
Except I can't as I'm not a local resident. D'oh.

Last edited by 13901; Oct 12, 2021 at 12:24 am
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by Morland
The Netherlands also don't currently recognise NHS codes, either natively or imported into the French Tous Anti Covid app (tested using the official NL CoronaCheck Scanner app). This means daily testing if you want to go to museums, bars or restaurants. Not sure how strictly it is being enforced but the policy is delaying my visit...
This is annoying, I'm over there next week. Has anyone tested any of the other EU apps or would the same apply?

Now to work out which tests would be valid, hopefully NHS LFDs will suffice.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: Yes
The German Corona-Warn-App accepted the NHS PDF QR code without problems for me months ago, when none of the certificates were supposedly interoperable - it all seems to be the same backend. I haven’t tried again recently but I’d be very surprised if that had changed. I never had to scan that QR code anywhere though, so if someone actually tried to verify it it might not work. My hunch is it would though. I think the Corona-Warn-App is available in the UK app store?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.