Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by fc0175
Nothing for me (or my husband) yet either. My luck of being immediately connected to consecutive 119 agents who knew what I was asking for had got me rather excited, but this is starting to feel a bit reminiscent of Mr Javid's July promise of being able to ask our GPs to update our records "by the end of the month". Although I must admit, I much prefer the strategy behind this new proposed approach as it seemed a bit of a waste of my GP's time / expertise to be validating foreign vaccination certificates and plugging data into an app, and much more sensible for this to be managed by a centralised team. Fingers crossed it does work out and we all hear back from them shortly.
Did you ever hear back from anyone?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Internaut
Happened to a mate of mine. He shows three jabs due to an administrative error at his GP practice and getting the erroneous jab removed is impossible. I think it would only be a problem if that simple number, 3, is taken into account during a mass booster programme which does look a little unlikely at the moment.
There are other problems that incorrect vaccine info can present... All of the below are very real impacts for my OH
  • Extended time period between 1st and 2nd 2nd dose that falls outside of standard 2 to 12 week period - could make your vaccination invalid for travel
  • Mixed vaccines (different or mixed1st and 2nd 2nd doses) - could make your vaccination invalid for travel
  • The 2nd 2nd dose date impacts potential invites for any booster campaign
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Did you ever hear back from anyone?
Hi Louie-m, yes my husband and I both finally received our callbacks this week.

Unfortunately nothing good to report. We were told that there is no solution yet and it was suggested we try 119 again in 4 weeks time when they hope to have an update.

To be clear I did not get the impression there is any concrete plan to have it fixed in 4 weeks time, instead it just seemed a generic brush off and I suspect any actual fix is quite far off (although would love to be proved wrong!).
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Not for the poster above it didn't and now he/she is having a bit of a mare.
'Mare over. Certificate showed two jabs and QR codes when I checked this morning, although similar to lkaz above, there's only one on the summary page but OK on the certificate itself.

A few hours after finding it I got an email from the status support team saying they'd started an investigation!
Silver Fox and DaveS like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 2:40 am

And now I have another problem, despite not booking anything until I got the certificate. The first page linked says vaccination makes no difference to the red/amber/green rules in Scotland, while the second one says vaccinated pax from amber countries don't need to isolate. Which is correct?

https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...g-to-scotland/

https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...ist-countries/
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ft101
And now I have another problem, despite not booking anything until I got the certificate. The first page linked says vaccination makes no difference to the red/amber/green rules in Scotland, while the second one says vaccinated pax from amber countries don't need to isolate. Which is correct?
I would say the first quote has not been updated. At one point it was correct, but now the rules for self isolation in respect of both travel and suspected contact cases have changed for those vaccinated in the UK. Travelling to an Amber country, if vaccinated in the UK, does not normally require self isolation on the return to the UK / Scotland.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:15 am

Only a week after my letter came with my new Scottish certificate with a qr code, a new one has come with a note saying there's a new QR code. I tried it on the German app to see if it would generate a certificate and it didn't, saying invalid signature.

I downloaded and tried it on the Swiss app, and while it generated a qr code with all the right information, it said invalid signature in big letters under the qr code.

This then leads me to my question, my Irish and French ones generated off my qr code, are they actually valid for EU travel as EU digital passes or are they also with invalid signatures but the apps don't say it?

For what it is worth, I used my Irish and French apps, scanned from my Scottish certificate, to enter venues in Ireland, and both worked fine and were scannable. But I've not tried using them to cross a border.

There's certainly nothing in my Irish one or any other saying it's not valid as an EU digital pass, Indeed the Irish one very clearly says it is.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Only a week after my letter came with my new Scottish certificate with a qr code, a new one has come with a note saying there's a new QR code. I tried it on the German app to see if it would generate a certificate and it didn't, saying invalid signature.

I downloaded and tried it on the Swiss app, and while it generated a qr code with all the right information, it said invalid signature in big letters under the qr code.

This then leads me to my question, my Irish and French ones generated off my qr code, are they actually valid for EU travel as EU digital passes or are they also with invalid signatures but the apps don't say it?

For what it is worth, I used my Irish and French apps, scanned from my Scottish certificate, to enter venues in Ireland, and both worked fine and were scannable. But I've not tried using them to cross a border.

There's certainly nothing in my Irish one or any other saying it's not valid as an EU digital pass, Indeed the Irish one very clearly says it is.
In my experience, no. In Latvia there was one restaurant we went to that wouldn't let you sit inside unless their validation app scanned your vaccination certificate and came back OK. We started with our NHS ones, he said he knows they don't work (but tried again anyway); that failed. We then tried the French app where we had previously loaded them in, that also failed; when they scanned the QR code it rejected it. I didn't have the Irish one setup so can't comment on that.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:57 am

Oh right - but did the French one seem to you, within the app, totally fine, accepting the UK QR code without any issues originally? Interesting. In Ireland the bars successfully scanned my French one. My partner had his German one and ours were as easily scanned as his.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:58 am

The Italian "Verifica C19" app works perfectly with the NHS England vaccination certificate, both PDF and in-app. It flags a red if you scan the first QR code, but it goes green if you scan the second QR code (for the second vaccination). Don't know about devolved nations.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by 13901
The Italian "Verifica C19" app works perfectly with the NHS England vaccination certificate, both PDF and in-app. It flags a red if you scan the first QR code, but it goes green if you scan the second QR code (for the second vaccination). Don't know about devolved nations.
Oh got really excited when I saw your message and I downloaded and tried this app but it says invalid when I scan my Scottish QR code.

So I really wonder if my Irish one is actually good for travel. Both it and France didn't complain about my code.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:09 am

I figured I would try using the Italian and Swiss apps to scan my Irish EU digital covid certificate (which is labelled and such and has no errors), but even then, it said invalid signature!
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:31 am

It's very confusing at the moment here in Switzerland, with some clarity promised in the next few days.

One press release said that people vaccinated in the UK would be able to get Swiss Covid passes, but now they've backtracked slightly and said that they're not yet accepting EMA approved vaccines, which are not also Swiss approved, if given outside the EU.

AstraZenica is one of those. If you got AZ in the EU then you'll have a valid EU app and that'll work here. But the NHS app doesn't work, and currently they won't give you a Swiss vaccine certificate if you got AZ in the UK.

It's a mess. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but since Monday most restaurants and bars etc. have been demanding certificates before entry. The solution is regular antigen tests, which for non-Swiss residents aren't free.
LETTERBOY and Misco60 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Oh right - but did the French one seem to you, within the app, totally fine, accepting the UK QR code without any issues originally? Interesting. In Ireland the bars successfully scanned my French one. My partner had his German one and ours were as easily scanned as his.
Precisely.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Don't know how to get a tweet to appear, so have cut and pasted.

Tim White
@TWMCLtd
If you are a British national living abroad who's had vaccines authorised by UK authorities administered abroad, you are advised to speak to your GP. By the end of this month, upon receiving proof, they should be able to get you registered as fully vaxxed on the NHS app
·https://help.twitter.com/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels

(Posted 10.15am Sep 17)

This was supposed to have happened by the end of July. Let's hope it does happen this time round.
fc0175 likes this.

Last edited by louie-m; Sep 17, 2021 at 3:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.