Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
As a practical issue, in Italy we found showing the first (English) vaccination certificate worked with the Italian verification app, but showing the second vaccination certificate did not (with two people's passes).
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: BA
Does anyone know what the cutoff time is for the 2nd dose to be counted as a second dose on a vaccine passport? My son is in his 20's got his first dose in late July, forgot about his second dose until now and is hopefully getting the second this week but doesn't know if he's so far along that it doesn't count.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is no cut off, at least at the moment. Though it is better to stick to 8 weeks, nevertheless for someone younger having a second jab now is good timing, in terms of the epidemic and winter season, and also counts as a correctly administered second dose as far as the NHS Covid pass is concerned.
DaveS and LGWClosedAgain like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:12 pm

Just to note, I generated a new digital certificate just now via the NHS app and am pleased to see it is now recognised within the Corona-Warn app which is used in Germany.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by slicktony
Just to note, I generated a new digital certificate just now via the NHS app and am pleased to see it is now recognised within the Corona-Warn app which is used in Germany.
And just to add, I wanted to see what happened with an NHS certificate I had generated last week and it said "invalid certificate signature", so generated a new one and that worked perfectly.
NWIFlyer, slicktony and DaveS like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is no cut off, at least at the moment. Though it is better to stick to 8 weeks, nevertheless for someone younger having a second jab now is good timing, in terms of the epidemic and winter season, and also counts as a correctly administered second dose as far as the NHS Covid pass is concerned.
Great thank you
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My daughter has lost access to the NHS app and her English digital cert since reregistering with a Scottish physician in St Andrews. She has logged in to the the English website and printed out her info and will now walk it in to NHS Scotland and see if she can get the Scottish app to work.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:40 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Just a data point, and sorry if this duplicates, but when downloading the SpTH app as part of the arrivals registration for spain, after scanning my NHS vaccine certificate out popped an “EU vaccination certificate”. Ironically the one displaying in the SpTH app it displays the Flag of the Union and EU flag, but when in Wallet on ios, it displays the Spanish flag and EU flag - but has the same reference / certificate number.

Wallet

SpTH App
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Public service announcement for those trusty FTers who are on the Isle of Man and were vaccinated by Manx Care. You normally get your Covid pass via the same NHS login as used in England, but not using the App. Well thanks to, um, alignment with the EU's standards any PDFs you downloaded via the NHS login won't work in the EU. However if you re-generate the PDF from fresh as of today, it should now work. The change is buried in the QR coding, so not at all visible, but it has now been fixed.
squawk likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:45 pm

To be on the safe side I assume all the rest of us should order fresh paper PDFs ?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dan1113
To be on the safe side I assume all the rest of us should order fresh paper PDFs ?
I am not aware of anyone else being affected. Some of the verification apps are available online for checking, but I suspect in a few weeks much of Europe will regard UK issued COVID passes as being ok. The one place where there was a known problem was NL and that seems resolved now.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 1:33 am

With so many boosters being given out now, any update on the NHS apps showing the third dose? It is about to get tricky with some countries, like Austria and Israel, limiting the validity of the two-dose system...
Old Nov 12, 2021, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It does show the third dose.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Indeed the England App does show the third dose. There is a lot of misinformation in this space, and HfP did a woefully inaccurate story on this. There is now a European standard on what QR show, and the UK is aligned on that standard. But proving booster status can be done in other ways apart from a QR code. Austria and Israel are not expecting a QR code at this point - they just need some evidence and there are multiple ways to do that. Here is the key point: both Austria and Israel are on the same QR standard as the UK, so yes this may well change in the future, but it will be a European decision. Austria in particular has very local problems at the moment and I wouldn't take too seriously the idea that this is going to be problematic in the medium term. Israel has given boosters to about 50% of the adult population, UK about 25% (20% of those over 12 years old) and not many other countries are anywhere near this. I don't think this is an issue.
DaveS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.