Reload this Page >

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:03 am

An update for those of us trying to register a vaccination received abroad: there is still some confusion with this.

I rang 119 and spoke to a rather disinterested chap who insisted that I needed to speak to my GP practice to register vaccinations received abroad. Having spoken to the GP receptionist, they confirmed that it needed to be done via 119. Rang 119 again, and a much more helpful lady said that I would need to register online via the NHS website for an appointment to do this in person.

Having just tried to do that via this page on the website – I hope that link saves someone else going through the same runaround! – I've been offered the following locations:
  • Manchester Sportcity Vaccination Centre (Etihad Campus, 9 SPORTCITY WAY, Manchester M11 3DU)
  • Sheffield NHS Vaccination Centre (Longley Lane, SHEFFIELD, S5 7JN)
  • Lincolnshire Showground (Grange de Lings Lincoln LN2 2NA)
The first two are about 105 miles from Newcastle, the latter is 120-odd miles. Unfortunately, none are feasible for me to get to, so it looks like my NHS record will remain sans booster for a while longer.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by squawk
An update for those of us trying to register a vaccination received abroad: there is still some confusion with this.

I rang 119 and spoke to a rather disinterested chap who insisted that I needed to speak to my GP practice to register vaccinations received abroad. Having spoken to the GP receptionist, they confirmed that it needed to be done via 119. Rang 119 again, and a much more helpful lady said that I would need to register online via the NHS website for an appointment to do this in person.

Having just tried to do that via this page on the website – I hope that link saves someone else going through the same runaround! – I've been offered the following locations:
  • Manchester Sportcity Vaccination Centre (Etihad Campus, 9 SPORTCITY WAY, Manchester M11 3DU)
The first two are about 105 miles from Newcastle, the latter is 120-odd miles. Unfortunately, none are feasible for me to get to, so it looks like my NHS record will remain sans booster for a while longer.
If you scroll up to post 716, you can see some forum feedback that making an appointment may result in someone phoning you are offering to do the update over the phone. Also, the vaccination centres offering the overseas updates does change so you can keep checking back, they are sparse but there might be one closer to you if you check again later.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by squawk

I’m in the same boat, wanting to register my foreign jabs with the NHS. There are some very helpful posts upthread from forum members who have had some success. Summary of key points:
  • As you discovered the only path to registration is to book a vaccination centre appointment via that link.
  • There are 16 vaccination centres authorised to register foreign vaccinations. More are supposedly going to become available. There is no published list of the 16 centres: to the 3 you have identified we can add Bristol, Cambridge, Doncaster, Leeds, London (Bloomsbury), Nottingham, Peterborough, Reading, Southampton, Stevenage, Sunderland; so there are 2 more of which I’m unaware.
  • Large parts of England, including Birmingham, don’t have a nearby centre on the list: hence the media coverage of people being expected to travel 100+ miles to attend an appointment.
  • The booking system accessible by the NHS link in your post is updated regularly so we just have to keep trying until an acceptable location and date for an appointment are offered.
  • The NHS has (understandably) prioritised vaccinating additional people over registering foreign jabs so the system, which has only been running for a month, remains less than fit for purpose. Some appointments have been cancelled by the NHS but the upside to a cancellation, as documented in earlier posts, is that you may then receive a call from someone at the NHS who is able to complete the registration by phone.
Since proof of vaccination is needed infrequently in the UK domestic context, and can be achieved by producing one’s foreign certificate, I am not overly exercised about the initial inadequacy of the registration system, though it's been a long time coming. No doubt the system will become more user-friendly in time.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by plunet
If you scroll up to post 716, you can see some forum feedback that making an appointment may result in someone phoning you are offering to do the update over the phone. Also, the vaccination centres offering the overseas updates does change so you can keep checking back, they are sparse but there might be one closer to you if you check again later.
Yes, I did see this. I’m reluctant to make an appointment I know I’m unlikely to attend on the off chance of someone calling me; I imagine I could cancel at short notice if they’ve not called but until that point it would be denying someone else a slot they might it need. I’ll keep checking for alternative venues though.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Pegasus42
I’m in the same boat, wanting to register my foreign jabs with the NHS. There are some very helpful posts upthread from forum members who have had some success.
...<snip>...
No doubt the system will become more user-friendly in time.
Thanks for this summary Pegasus42 - hopefully it will prove helpful to others. I agree with your points - this is not a high priority for me, it's just something that would be good to get sorted, and I'd much rather that the slots went to people who actually need them. It would be great if there was a way of submitting an image of your 'foreign' proof electronically, with QR code, so the resolution centre could get to it whenever they have capacity. But I imagine this is a very low priority, and I understand why.
Pegasus42 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Hoping someone here might be able to help please.

I'm trying to help a family member setup their NHS app to get a Covid pass for travel next month.
However, it says their ID isn't verified, but doesn't offer the take a photo of your passport, then goes on to say the link between them and the GP is broken and to ask the GP for details.

They called the GP and have got that, but are now hitting the error of duplicate NHS logins (but they only have one?) when inputting the 3 pieces of info.

They have a working patient access account, but I can't see any links to NHS Login on there.

They work for a school, and they insisted they setup a login a certain way last year for the testing, but those results are being logged through the same login as we're trying for the app (even tried their work email to see if that had somehow got involved, but it hasn't).

I'm at a loss as to what to do now!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Hoping someone here might be able to help please.

I'm trying to help a family member setup their NHS app to get a Covid pass for travel next month.
However, it says their ID isn't verified, but doesn't offer the take a photo of your passport, then goes on to say the link between them and the GP is broken and to ask the GP for details.

They called the GP and have got that, but are now hitting the error of duplicate NHS logins (but they only have one?) when inputting the 3 pieces of info.

They have a working patient access account, but I can't see any links to NHS Login on there.

They work for a school, and they insisted they setup a login a certain way last year for the testing, but those results are being logged through the same login as we're trying for the app (even tried their work email to see if that had somehow got involved, but it hasn't).

I'm at a loss as to what to do now!
Just to follow up on this, on the 4th reply the NHS App help desk suggested deleting their NHS login and starting again, which we have done. Things are looking positive as it offered the opportunity to upload a photo of a passport etc. Just waiting for it to be verified now.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Another experience for the record - I've managed to secure an appointment at Queen Mary's Hospital in SW London on Feb 4th AM to update my record. There were 4-5 sites available when I went to book my appointment yesterday, so I get the feeling they may be scaling up the number of sites capable of updating o'seas records now that a majority of people have/have had the chance to get boosted. Will report back whether the appointment gets canned/update happens over the phone/I actually turn up and it magically works!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:10 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
My vaccine passport is working normally in the app, but when I try to download the PDF copy it gives an error.

A few days ago I recall someone posted a link to a form where I could report this error, but I can't find it, anyone remember which thread had the link?

I've already used one of the contact forms I found from within the app, but somebody marked my request as solved without even responding!
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by :D!
My vaccine passport is working normally in the app, but when I try to download the PDF copy it gives an error.

A few days ago I recall someone posted a link to a form where I could report this error, but I can't find it, anyone remember which thread had the link?

I've already used one of the contact forms I found from within the app, but somebody marked my request as solved without even responding!
Make sure the app has permission to access storage. It should ask the first time you try to download the PDF. Otherwise find the app in settings and give it access to storage. If all else fails, send it to our email.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:24 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by DaveS
Make sure the app has permission to access storage. It should ask the first time you try to download the PDF. Otherwise find the app in settings and give it access to storage. If all else fails, send it to our email.
Sorry, forgot to say, it was working with no problems until around Christmas time, then it started giving the error. I didn't change any settings.

Anyway I managed to download the PDF by using the NHS app on my desktop computer so it's ok.

Last edited by :D!; Jan 21, 2022 at 6:30 am
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Question about France for those that have been recently. In Italy, I was able to use the QR Code from my NHS app directly for their Super Green Pass.

I am soon going to France. Can I use the QR Code from the NHS directly when asked for the "pass sanitaire" / "pass vaccinal", or do I need to use the TousAntiCovid app having scanned and added my vaccine shots into that app (as demonstrated by alex67500 and corporate_wage_slave further upthread)?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:54 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
Question about France for those that have been recently. In Italy, I was able to use the QR Code from my NHS app directly for their Super Green Pass.

I am soon going to France. Can I use the QR Code from the NHS directly when asked for the "pass sanitaire" / "pass vaccinal", or do I need to use the TousAntiCovid app having scanned and added my vaccine shots into that app (as demonstrated by alex67500 and corporate_wage_slave further upthread)?
In all my recent trips to France, the NHS app worked just fine. I think there was once or twice that the QR code didn't work, but they checked the vaccine doses and it was fine.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by HB7
In all my recent trips to France, the NHS app worked just fine. I think there was once or twice that the QR code didn't work, but they checked the vaccine doses and it was fine.
Absolutely, the NHS App now works if you pick the Travel one.

You can still import your last dose in TAC, because logging into the NHS app every time you need your pass is really annoying, but be aware that any QR code that you import from the NHS app into TAC is only valid from 1 month (you can renew, it's just the way the NHS QR codes work). You can also use Apple Wallet / Google Pay Wallet by the way, it might be the easiest way to do it (easy to import, no need to login except a fingerprint / face ID check).
GregWTravels and HB7 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by alex67500
Absolutely, the NHS App now works if you pick the Travel one.

You can still import your last dose in TAC, because logging into the NHS app every time you need your pass is really annoying, but be aware that any QR code that you import from the NHS app into TAC is only valid from 1 month (you can renew, it's just the way the NHS QR codes work). You can also use Apple Wallet / Google Pay Wallet by the way, it might be the easiest way to do it (easy to import, no need to login except a fingerprint / face ID check).
Thanks both alex67500 and HB7. In Italy, I had saved a PDF from the NHS app to my phone and saved it on my home screen, so was just a quick opening of the PDF and a zoom in on the QR code to get scanned, so will likely do the same in France.
HB7 and alex67500 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.