Reload this Page >

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Quick update for everyone - I went to the vaccination centre at Queen Mary's Hospital in Southwest London yesterday, having booked an appointment to have my record updated about a fortnight ago.

Good news - the process was pretty painless and took far less than the 45 mins advertised. I was in and out within 15 mins. Kind administrator simply asked to see my passport and US CDC card and was happy to add the CDC dose to my NHS record as my 2nd jab. She then made a note for the Vaccine Resolution Service that the '2nd' dose currently showing on my NHS record was in fact my booster, and to therefore reorder the doses accordingly. I was advised it would take 10 working days to update my app/QR codes at which point I should then be good to go!

All in all, pretty straightforward and hopefully no further hiccups - she did take my mobile number in case any questions arose - but there were droves of people getting it done, so I don't think there will be! Note to self: It would've been easier driving to Stevenage from Greenwich than getting across London on a Friday morning!
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Cathay1101
She then made a note for the Vaccine Resolution Service that the '2nd' dose currently showing on my NHS record was in fact my booster, and to therefore reorder the doses accordingly. I was advised it would take 10 working days to update my app/QR codes at which point I should then be good to go!
Does it make a difference in which order the vaccines are shown then? This has prompted me to look at my (paper) NHS Covid (travel) pass. My certificate shows booster (UK) (dose 1 of 1) then original jab 2 (dose 2 of 2) then original jab 1 (dose 1 of 2) (both overseas) as the overseas ones were added after I had the booster. Or are they supposed to be shown in reverse order so most recent first? If not, is there any reason to bother getting this corrected?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by louie-m
Does it make a difference in which order the vaccines are shown then? This has prompted me to look at my (paper) NHS Covid (travel) pass. My certificate shows booster (UK) (dose 1 of 1) then original jab 2 (dose 2 of 2) then original jab 1 (dose 1 of 2) (both overseas) as the overseas ones were added after I had the booster. Or are they supposed to be shown in reverse order so most recent first? If not, is there any reason to bother getting this corrected?
Most recent first is correct. If all your jabs were done in the UK the booster would show as 3 of 3.
louie-m and alex67500 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:57 am

Cathay1101's reference to QMH in SW London is, I think, the 15th site identified in this thread. I was offered another one when I booked about 2 weeks ago: The Artrix, Sideslow Drive, Bromsgrove B60 1GN. That makes a total of 16 known sites in England – see various posts upthread – that are designated for entry of vaccinations received overseas. Can’t be sure these are all the original 16 from when this foreign vaccination registration process started in December, because they may include sites that have since been added (as was planned by the NHS).

I attended my appointment at the Bromsgrove Vaccination Centre earlier this week, armed with an Australian International Covid Vaccination Certificate (ICVC) and a passport. The booking process had warned that the appointment could take up to 30 mins but – like Cathay1101 – I was in and out of the place in <15 mins with no queue. The staff member who dealt with me said that my entry in NIMS had to be reviewed by higher authority before finalisation and it would take between 3 days and 3 weeks, with a recommendation to ring 119 if nothing was showing in the NHS app after 3 weeks.

I’m looking forward now to a trip to France without having to faff around with a French pharmacy or the ‘Swiss method’ to convert my Australian ICVC into the EU DCC.
DaveS likes this.

Last edited by Pegasus42; Feb 6, 2022 at 4:00 am Reason: Inserted ref to Cathay1101 to clarify this is a response to post #736
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:03 am

Is there any way to get overseas jabs added in the NHS Scotland system? I don't think I've seen it mentioned so far.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:56 pm

Probably not, but I like having my ducks in a row - would've irked me if they were showing incorrectly!

Also, out of interest, how long did it take for your overseas doses to display in the NHS app?

Last edited by Cathay1101; Feb 6, 2022 at 1:57 pm Reason: Additional question
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Cathay1101
Also, out of interest, how long did it take for your overseas doses to display in the NHS app?
Time to confess to being a dinosaur.... I've never acquired the NHS app as so far I've not needed it. Paper works fine for me, not that I've ever been asked for that either.
Cathay1101 and DaveS like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:04 am

Time to confess to being a dinosaur.... I've never acquired the NHS app as so far I've not needed it. Paper works fine for me, not that I've ever been asked for that either.
Fair enough! It works, so why bother!
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:11 pm

A little anecdotal case which may or may not be help to someone. Arriving in Vienna last weekend I opened the NHS app when reaching immigration only to see blank square instead of QR code for all my jabs. After mild panic I rembered I had offline copy saved on my phone and it satisfied the border force officer.
Investigating later i found that NHS app doesn't like the Dark Mode my new phone was in. After switching NHS app to Light Mode in settings everything worked as it should. Same thing happened with Klarity app while doing Day2 test after returning to UK.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow
A little anecdotal case which may or may not be help to someone. Arriving in Vienna last weekend I opened the NHS app when reaching immigration only to see blank square instead of QR code for all my jabs. After mild panic I rembered I had offline copy saved on my phone and it satisfied the border force officer.
Investigating later i found that NHS app doesn't like the Dark Mode my new phone was in. After switching NHS app to Light Mode in settings everything worked as it should. Same thing happened with Klarity app while doing Day2 test after returning to UK.
I have said this before, never rely in an app working when you really need it.
Silver Fox and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DaveS
I have said this before, never rely in an app working when you really need it.
No battle plan lasts the first engagement. Or as Mike Tyson said "everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face". Or something like that!

Anyway, I totally agree and I have this plan for this current situation:
  1. App
  2. Offline copy on mobile
  3. Hardcopy
  4. If 1-3 don't work something really bad has happened and it's all immaterial
LETTERBOY and DaveS like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The other thing to have ready is an up to date certificate from another European country. I find the German Corona-Warn app is a good one, it's fast to load and looks very official when scrolling down to all the date details (last panel with the blue tick square). I've used it in the last few days in the USA and Portugal. You do have to renew it with the NHS QR code every few weeks though. Other ones that I like are from France and Ireland.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone had luck with adding in a vaccine abroad? We had our appt 2 weeks ago in Roehampton. He said upto two weeks but should be in 48 hours.... nothing! Tried to call 119 who said they'd make a report to the Vaccine Data Resolution Service.. and then read me a press release about how busy they were. Literally a press release! Feel like this is never going to happen... but hoping someone might here have waited this long and then it magically worked!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Is there any way to get overseas jabs added in the NHS Scotland system? I don't think I've seen it mentioned so far.
Still looking for an answer to this if anyone knows?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:00 pm

Telegraph reporting today:

Families denied holidays amid a million NHS Covid vaccine app blunders

Britons locked out of overseas travel as more than a million vaccinations on the health service app not updated, The Telegraph can reveal
By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor 12 February 2022 • 9:09pm
NHS Covid vaccine pass for travel

More than one million vaccine records have now been found to contain errors, including those which have left double-jabbed people without the proof they need Credit: AFP/JUSTIN TALLIS
Coronavirus Article Bar with counter

More than a million vaccine records have been affected by NHS blunders, in some cases locking people out of travel overseas, after the wrong data was recorded by health officials, The Telegraph can reveal.

When Covid jabs are administered, the information is supposed to be shared with centralised databases and uploaded to the NHS app, which grants a Covid pass.

This should mean that individuals have proof of their vaccine status, with two jabs being required by many countries including the UK, for unrestricted travel.

However, more than one million vaccine records have now been found to contain errors, including those which have left double-jabbed people without the proof they need.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...d-vaccine-app/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.