Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ermis177
Well, you might havent but the vast majority of us have! The 787 was designed for 8 abreast but someone out there had a very smart idea to add 1 more seat....Its simply too tight.
I’m 6’3”... if the 787 Y configuration is smaller, I really didn’t notice. It definitely beat 3-4-3 on a 777
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:42 pm

Update on the seating problems

JI had a talk with an TK rep and he told that the blocked F seats and weird seat map is a known problem internally. They are workikg to solve the it and he also told me that the seats are not blocked activly by TK but looks this way due to a technical error.
I contacted my departing airport on their local mail adress and they helped me book EF seats
ankomonkey and HiAperture like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:26 am

It looks like TK31 IST-ATL and TK32 ATL-IST have been switched to an A330 for flights on 9/14 and 9/15. Dates prior to after those dates are still showing the 787.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by matore
JI had a talk with an TK rep and he told that the blocked F seats and weird seat map is a known problem internally. They are workikg to solve the it and he also told me that the seats are not blocked activly by TK but looks this way due to a technical error.
I contacted my departing airport on their local mail adress and they helped me book EF seats
Thanks for the info! How did you contact them? I tried to email the ticketing office at Atlanta but they see F seats blocked as well.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Glad to know calling in now works, and we can at least see a seat map, albeit with a missing seat in even rows still. Now to get a helpful agent to switch into E&F.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Today I booked a Business Limited DUB-SIN redemption for next summer on the 787. Having done Biz short haul numerous times, this will finally be my first ever TK long haul flight. Happy to be doing it on the newest planes with the new seat design, and with my first ever touristanbul . And flying from DUB instead of the UK has saved me ~£175 in APD/fees. I will use this to pay for a positioning flight to DUB and still have some left over to buy lokum and sucuk .

Of note to this thread, all seats in the cabin - including F - could be selected when I chose my seats.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:24 pm

Now on DPS flight...
1. Seating. EF seats are truly nightmare of cabin staff. They are the one who left to deal with the problem for pax who don't wanna be active and speak with care points at IST on their way through the airport as seems outstations cannot release blocked seats as well. So whole boarding is a bit mess as depending on how many pairs u have they all approach cabin staff with requests to change their seating allocation. Regarding 1A and 1K - those are clearly gems in terms of legspace. Didn't have any problem with sleeping with my 191cm. 1K is generally avail for choosing, while 1A is blocked same way as F seats and only IST staff can release them.
2. Late night flight. For me sounds obvious to go to sleep directly after u airborne and then to have breakfast when u wake up and dinner few hrs before arrival. Pretty much everyone from the staff got problem understanding the logic and were keen on serve dinner in the middle of the night... Yes finally got no issues with getting what I wanted, except the fact that skychef was sleeping at the time I woke up for brekki so regular crew done it, but after 2 checks that they really catched what I wanted... And of coz chef took all preorders with him, so had to order again))
3. TC-LLF... How old is she, 1 week or so? Fabulous feelings from such a fresh bird.

All in all I quite satisfied. One would want even if only for a bit but more proactive staff, but this is kinda THY, they always were like this and one know how they are planning another THY trip.

In 1 week doing SQ 78710 would compare how different service models can affect the impression while seating is the same I believe...
CoweyB and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If you are a couple seated in the E/F seats, can you have a conversation? It appears that the seat curve prevents you from physically seeing each other. Would D/G be better in this regard?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by 172pilot
If you are a couple seated in the E/F seats, can you have a conversation? It appears that the seat curve prevents you from physically seeing each other. Would D/G be better in this regard?
It appears from existing reviews on E/F you are close together but have to lean forward, in D/G you are quite far apart, so neither is actually ideal for couples.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by HiAperture
It appears from existing reviews on E/F you are close together but have to lean forward, in D/G you are quite far apart, so neither is actually ideal for couples.
Correct, I tried both EF and DG seats and neither are good for couples. I would still prefer EF over DG as you can at least talk to each other if you lean forward.
See also some pictures here: Turkish Airlines New Business Class 787 IST to DPS (Bali)
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by 172pilot
E/F is definitely better. Other guys are right, neither of them are perfect for couples but D/G are really far away from each other. In E/F, you need to lean forward a little bit (we flew in E/F as couple). Anyway, if your flight is a night flight, you may even choose the window seats one behind another
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Just a quick feedback as i m currently sitting in true window J seat on DPS IST flight.
Firstly service is quite good not quite as good as QR, but still very nice. Food excellent. Free wifi.
Regarding the hard product seat is very nice with a few design flaws.
On the plus side: big hd screen and responsive ife, individual air vents, do not disturb button, lie flat bed comfortable and wide enough around the shoulders.
Not so good: privacy panels poorly designed restricting shoulder-elbow space when sitting, black color making the seat feel smaller than it actually is, footwell a bit on the narrow side (but still much better than BA diamond seats).
Overall quite happy to fly TK this year, after giving up on QR following their crazy miles devaluation of may 2018.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Just a quick feedback as i m currently sitting in true window J seat on DPS IST flight.
Firstly service is quite good not quite as good as QR, but still very nice. Food excellent. Free wifi.

Just wondered in what ways you find the QR service better ?

I enjoy both, and I'll admit a preference for the spacious QR 777 set up over the restrictive-but-private arrangement on TK Dreamliners. To be honest, I never really got the privacy issue.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:10 pm

I was finally able to book the E/F seats together. Here's what I observed. The entire F and G aisle are blocked until 48 hours before the flight. This isn't the case for all flights, but it seems a lot of people are having this issue. No customer service agent or Twitter was helpful as they could only see the same thing we could. The problem is, Turkish doesn't allow seat selection within 48 hours to be made via online/phone app. I was able to get around this by having the seat change process halfway done on my app as 48 hours hit. I was able to complete the change and get both of us into E/F together. Probably a technical glitch on their end but figured I'd let everyone on here know that this is a workaround. Immediately after, I was unable to edit or even see the seat map for the flight. My reservation does reflect the seat change and so does the Expert Flyer seat map.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by kolan
I was finally able to book the E/F seats together. Here's what I observed. The entire F and G aisle are blocked until 48 hours before the flight. This isn't the case for all flights, but it seems a lot of people are having this issue. No customer service agent or Twitter was helpful as they could only see the same thing we could. The problem is, Turkish doesn't allow seat selection within 48 hours to be made via online/phone app. I was able to get around this by having the seat change process halfway done on my app as 48 hours hit. I was able to complete the change and get both of us into E/F together. Probably a technical glitch on their end but figured I'd let everyone on here know that this is a workaround. Immediately after, I was unable to edit or even see the seat map for the flight. My reservation does reflect the seat change and so does the Expert Flyer seat map.
so calling in to to customer service at under 48 hours they would be able to make a change as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.