Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Extensive delay today for flight TK66 which landed in Bali almost 4 hours late. Ironically the return flight to Istanbul is scheduled for tomorrow 2 p.m. according to TKs website. I thought that was a bit surprising as even with a 1 a.m. departure the flight would have returned back to Istanbul under 2 hours late. Is there a curfew in Bali for late departures? Aircraft in question is TC-LLD
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent
Anyone experienced the product (both hard and soft) in economy yet? My wife and I are doing ATL-IST and return in the 787 but not until the end of the month (outbound) and October (inbound). Had to select our seats through the call center as we booked our tickets at the sales office. Evidently that is keeping us from making any changes (to include accepting schedule changes and selecting seats) online.

With a 10pm departure (and often delayed past 11) I doubt my wife or I will partake in the first service on the outbound but coming back is daylight so we'll likely be awake for most of it!

Thanks!
When I booked I didn't pay extra for assigned seats. What's the likelihood that the seat assignments are together? Is it like Spirit where they always seat you together regardless?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by opticalserenity
When I booked I didn't pay extra for assigned seats. What's the likelihood that the seat assignments are together? Is it like Spirit where they always seat you together regardless?
Assuming that you are flying Economy;

- If you're flying domestic, you would be auto-assigned seats together. For more details see this thread.
- If you're flying international, you may choose your seats for free ( except exit-row extra-legroom & bulkhead seats ) 100 days before departure via MMB on the Turkish Airlines website/app.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Assuming that you are flying Economy;

- If you're flying domestic, you would be auto-assigned seats together. For more details see this thread.
- If you're flying international, you may choose your seats for free ( except exit-row extra-legroom & bulkhead seats ) 100 days before departure via MMB on the Turkish Airlines website/app.
Thanks for the reply, yes, it's international economy U. ATL-IST-BCN.

When I login and view the flights this is what I get for now, I can't find a place to set seats.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by opticalserenity
Thanks for the reply, yes, it's international economy U. ATL-IST-BCN.

When I login and view the flights this is what I get for now, I can't find a place to set seats.
You need to confirm the changes in your ticket before. After confirming the changes via the hotline or via a sales office, you would be able to select seats.

If you don't confirm the changes by calling the hotline or visiting/calling/e-mailing a sales office, you would only be able to choose seats at the airport and in addition, in case the flight is overbooked, you would be the first ones to be dumped off as you haven't confirmed the changes yet.

For more details about Confirming Flights: Visit this thread.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:24 am

You need to confirm the changes in your ticket before. After confirming the changes via the hotline or via a sales office, you would be able to select seats.

If you don't confirm the changes by calling the hotline or visiting/calling/e-mailing a sales office, you would only be able to choose seats at the airport and in addition, in case the flight is overbooked, you would be the first ones to be dumped off as you haven't confirmed the changes yet.

For more details about Confirming Flights: Visit this thread.
Thank you so much. Called and had it confirmed, now I have all the options to select seats. You're the best!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:51 am

According to Routesonline, these 787-9 aircraft would operate daily flights from Izmir starting 27 October 2019.
It seems that TK doesn't want their aircrafts to be grounded after arriving from Washington or Atlanta at the afternoon until heading to Bogota or Denpasar later in the night.

In my opinion, we could also see an Ankara flight like this in the future, operated by 787-9 aircraft.

Quoted article:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ervice-in-w19/
I'm looking for those IST-ADB (or vv.) on 787 but it seems TK changed its plans, or?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sciamano
I'm looking for those IST-ADB (or vv.) on 787 but it seems TK changed its plans, or?
Aircraft types for domestic flights change a lot so if you want to specifically fly on the 787, do not book in advance.
Book your flight 2-3 days before the flight, you still have the risk that your aircraft would be changed, however, it's much less risky than booking weeks or months ago.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:38 am

Aircraft types for domestic flights change a lot so if you want to specifically fly on the 787, do not book in advance.
Book your flight 2-3 days before the flight, you still have the risk that your aircraft would be changed, however, it's much less risky than booking weeks or months ago.
You are right but today is 16 Oct and the link says from 27 Oct but I still can find any 787 on that route.
As far as you know, where is actually fliying this 787?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are right but today is 16 Oct and the link says from 27 Oct but I still can find any 787 on that route.
As far as you know, where is actually fliying this 787?
The reason for that would be AYT is a summer-heavy route ( significantly more pax in the summer ) so the AYT route would be operated by almost all narrow-body with the start of Winter Season.
As you may know, TK has to deal with rescheduling 12+12 737-MAX aircraft so aircraft types may have presumably changed throughout months.

According to my checks ( tried to make a dummy booking for 5-6 random dates ), the 787-9 which was scheduled has left is place to 777-300ER on the IST-ADB-IST route.
So, currently no 787-9 in domestic routes after 27OCT unless last minute aircraft changes.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:27 am

The reason for that would be AYT is a summer-heavy route ( significantly more pax in the summer ) so the AYT route would be operated by almost all narrow-body with the start of Winter Season.
As you may know, TK has to deal with rescheduling 12+12 737-MAX aircraft so aircraft types may have presumably changed throughout months.

According to my checks ( tried to make a dummy booking for 5-6 random dates ), the 787-9 which was scheduled has left is place to 777-300ER on the IST-ADB-IST route.
So, currently no 787-9 in domestic routes after 27OCT unless last minute aircraft changes.
Ok, so we see the same things. Thank you for doublechecking.
I'm considering to fly an award from Turkey before my Elite status expires (end October ) ...will I be softlanded to Classic plus? ) in order to try some lounge or maybe in the next months flying in J and that's why i was looking for some widebody.
ADB seems in any case a good choice for the 777 and also for the luonge. What do you think about? Other hints for optimising aircraft and lounge?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, so we see the same things. Thank you for doublechecking.
I'm considering to fly an award from Turkey before my Elite status expires (end October ) ...will I be softlanded to Classic plus? ) in order to try some lounge or maybe in the next months flying in J and that's why i was looking for some widebody.
ADB seems in any case a good choice for the 777 and also for the luonge. What do you think about? Other hints for optimising aircraft and lounge?
Just to mention that award tickets won’t give you status miles. ADB, ESB, AYT are the best airports for turnarounds. If we compare, ADB to ESB, the ADB lounge has much decent furniture but the offerings are almost the same. I haven’t visited the AYT lounge for years so I can’t comment on that.

In terms of aircraft type, 777-300ER would be the best in your case.
Sciamano likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:01 am

Just to mention that award tickets won’t give you status miles. ADB, ESB, AYT are the best airports for turnarounds. If we compare, ADB to ESB, the ADB lounge has much decent furniture but the offerings are almost the same. I haven’t visited the AYT lounge for years so I can’t comment on that.

In terms of aircraft type, 777-300ER would be the best in your case.
I'm aware of no miles earning on an award. I'm thinking about this for using my last miles and status and not for a mileage run.
Thank you again.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm aware of no miles earning on an award. I'm thinking about this for using my last miles and status and not for a mileage run.
Thank you again.
So you would not credit *A flights to M&S in the future and you want to use your miles before your status expires?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:47 am

So you would not credit *A flights to M&S in the future and you want to use your miles before your status expires?
Yes, some like this.
Are you aware if flying on J (or on Y and Elite) INTL-IST-DOMESTIC will I be able to access the Business Lounge (or M&S Lounge) or I'm entitled only to the Domestic Lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.