Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
That is strange. The correct seat map for my flight TK67 disappeared. ExpertFlyer now shows a default seat map.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Seeing the 787 on IST-AMS flights in January 2020 when searching online
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:32 am

Moved from assigned seat without notice and not sure of reason

Flying ATL-IST-LIS r/t Dec 31st return Jan 9th. Had seat 1K and 2K for the ATL-IST and IST-ATL portions of the trip.

Just logged in by chance and noticed I have been removed from seat 1K on the ATL-IST leg of the trip and moved to 3K, without notice.

Any idea why I was moved? Should I expect them to move me from 1K on the IST-ATL leg as well? I specifically asked for this seating for the larger footwell (I'm 6'3 and 250ish) and would really prefer this to 3K.

Thanks for any info you may pass along.

CJ
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Flying ATL-IST-LIS r/t Dec 31st return Jan 9th. Had seat 1K and 2K for the ATL-IST and IST-ATL portions of the trip.

Just logged in by chance and noticed I have been removed from seat 1K on the ATL-IST leg of the trip and moved to 3K, without notice.

Any idea why I was moved? Should I expect them to move me from 1K on the IST-ATL leg as well? I specifically asked for this seating for the larger footwell (I'm 6'3 and 250ish) and would really prefer this to 3K.

Thanks for any info you may pass along.

CJ
All I can share is that 1A and 1K showed as blocked/occupied on the seat chart the entire time before my 787 flight last week, my wife and I were in 1 E & F and as it turned out neither 1 A or K was actually assigned so we ended up with the entire front row to ourselves. So I am guessing, like many airlines, TK is blocking 1A and 1K as bassinet seats for those traveling with infants, and doesn't officially release them until check in. Just my guess from personal observation.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by HiAperture
All I can share is that 1A and 1K showed as blocked/occupied on the seat chart the entire time before my 787 flight last week, my wife and I were in 1 E & F and as it turned out neither 1 A or K was actually assigned so we ended up with the entire front row to ourselves. So I am guessing, like many airlines, TK is blocking 1A and 1K as bassinet seats for those traveling with infants, and doesn't officially release them until check in. Just my guess from personal observation.
I actually had the seat assigned to me, and still do on my return flight. TK Twitter useless team first doesn't even read my DM/concern and sends a canned generic message, then when they actually read the message say "we see that it has been reserved by another customer"

Can't tell if it's a status bump or ... is going on, but it's kinda bs.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
I actually had the seat assigned to me, and still do on my return flight. TK Twitter useless team first doesn't even read my DM/concern and sends a canned generic message, then when they actually read the message say "we see that it has been reserved by another customer"

Can't tell if it's a status bump or ... is going on, but it's kinda bs.
TKs Twitter team is a nightmare I have so many horror stories with them
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
TKs Twitter team is a nightmare I have so many horror stories with them
The TK Twitter team is generally drunk;

Post 1

Post 2

Post 3

Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
I flew from IST-DPS last week in business class. Some thoughts: They didn´t come with the dessert/coffee/liquor trolley after clearing the main course, as they would normally do when using the B777. Not sure if they stopped the trolley service or the aisle on the B787 is just too narrow for it. Also, the flight attendants were serving 2 plates at a time, using both hands. Maybe to save time as the aisle (again) is too narrow. There was no place to have the onboard snacks (unlike on the B777) so they have snack menu instead. The seat design was nice, the upgraded bedding as well and I love the Versace amenity kit. Footwell a bit small.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
I flew from IST-DPS last week in business class. Some thoughts: They didn´t come with the dessert/coffee/liquor trolley after clearing the main course, as they would normally do when using the B777. Not sure if they stopped the trolley service or the aisle on the B787 is just too narrow for it. Also, the flight attendants were serving 2 plates at a time, using both hands. Maybe to save time as the aisle (again) is too narrow. There was no place to have the onboard snacks (unlike on the B777) so they have snack menu instead. The seat design was nice, the upgraded bedding as well and I love the Versace amenity kit. Footwell a bit small.
IST-ATL definitely had the trolley for place settings, appetizers, and dessert, so it definitely fits. Where was the snack menu though? I totally missed that as I was on a daytime flight and was dissapointed there was no snack area, but I don't see anything on the menu about snacks.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by HiAperture
IST-ATL definitely had the trolley for place settings, appetizers, and dessert, so it definitely fits. Where was the snack menu though? I totally missed that as I was on a daytime flight and was dissapointed there was no snack area, but I don't see anything on the menu about snacks.
Hi and thanks for the reply. So I guess it was only on our flight they didn´t use the trolley.

Snack Menu (our flight was a night flight)
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:31 am

I have noticed that 4 or 5 of the TK181 flights from CUN to IST has been diverted to ISL (The old airport in Istanbul). tTe most recent one was yesterday which arrived to ISL on Oct 8th. Does anyone know if this is a general issue that flights are diverted to ISL from time to time? Is it a capacity issue at the new airport?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The TK Twitter team is generally drunk;

The TK website team clearly enjoy their cocktails, too:

"Seat guarantee for award tickets is only available in X and I classes. Guaranteed seats are not available in X and I classes"
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Jacob_G
I have noticed that 4 or 5 of the TK181 flights from CUN to IST has been diverted to ISL (The old airport in Istanbul). tTe most recent one was yesterday which arrived to ISL on Oct 8th. Does anyone know if this is a general issue that flights are diverted to ISL from time to time? Is it a capacity issue at the new airport?
Known issue with Flightradar24. Not the case that flights are being diverted to old IST regularly!
Jacob_G likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Known issue with Flightradar24. Not the case that flights are being diverted to old IST regularly!
Thanks for the quick reply! Good to hear that is only a flightradar issue, I was starting to get a little bit concerned regarding my IST connection I have also noticed that flightradar is showing strange arrival times when accessing the site through my phone. I assume that this has to do with the fact that TK181 has the same flight number through out the whole triangle route and flightradar has an issue processing that data.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Hi and thanks for the reply. So I guess it was only on our flight they didn´t use the trolley.

Snack Menu (our flight was a night flight)
Thanks for sharing. Neither my wife nor I got that menu for sure. Interesting the differences in service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.