Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
There’s been rumors of plans to refit the older long-haul planes with the Apex suite you are hoping for.

I’m all for it, from what I’ve read it’s a very popular and successful product.

slightly OT, but: there’s something to be said for consistency. I’m no fan of LH’s business class seat, but at least it’s pretty much the same across the long haul fleet (and yes, I know that’s about to change), so no surprises either way.

I’d like to see TK with the same product on all their long haul flights, if only to avoid sob stories here on FT.
AirCanada881, Sinter and 42000ft like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I thought i was out of step with the rather breathless praise the new seating received. So it was a gentle comfort to read that passenger response outside blogger-world has not been so great.

Fingers crossed for the seat used by Oman: very comfortable, sleep-friendly, straightforward and unfussy. Compare and contrast with TK's Dreamliner.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I wonder if this new seat installation will delay any existing deliveries given TK now has to choose the seat, get them manufactured etc.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ian, its sort of like the once a year flyers loving newer and ever more gigantic airports.........it's all well and good when you fly once a year and make an excursion out of the airport experience. It is another thing entirely when you have to navigate that airport every week or two! Those who thought the TK 787 Biz seat to be great, either are very short, or have simply not flown on too many other latest generation Biz products.
IAN-UK, yauee, gr8pirate and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I wonder if this new seat installation will delay any existing deliveries given TK now has to choose the seat, get them manufactured etc.
I wonder that too, seat installation for the first 350 should be imminent if not already completed.

We also don’t know how long this has been cooking before this announcement has been made.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hfly
Ian, its sort of like the once a year flyers loving newer and ever more gigantic airports.........
Can't think where you might be thinking of ..
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Is there experience when a B787 (or soon also A350) flight has to be replaced because of a technical reason and the distance would be too far for a B777?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Is there experience when a B787 (or soon also A350) flight has to be replaced because of a technical reason and the distance would be too far for a B777?
All active and future 787/350 routes could be handled with a 777-300ER. ( in terms of distance )
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
All active and future 787/350 routes could be handled with a 777-300ER. ( in terms of distance )
I think this is not 100% correct. THY couldnt handle IST-DPS Route with their current 777-300ER. Thats what the CEO of THY was telling a year ago to the Turkish media
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, he is speaking about IRROPS, you are speaking about regular ops, big differencs.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Lostlife93
I think this is not 100% correct. THY couldnt handle IST-DPS Route with their current 777-300ER. Thats what the CEO of THY was telling a year ago to the Turkish media
IST-DPS is 6 431 miles, TK flies to SFO & LAX with their 77W which are around 6 800 miles each. IAH at 6 371 miles.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
I get that, and that's fine. However when I call in and they place me in 1K after I ask them if they can assign it to me and it sticks for a few months then they take me out of it, that's kinda sucky. Keep it blocked for all I care, but don't let me have it and then take it back telling me that someone else has it.
Both 1A & 1K were empty last night out of ATL. So much for being originally bumped out of it because they assigned it to someone else after I was already assigned it. Still have it for the return, so we'll see.

FWIW, as a 6'3 with wide shoulders guy, I did not like the Dreamliner business class at all (seated in 4K). Very cramped and uncomfortable. IST airport is massive beyond compare. Lounge time then YotelAir until the early morning.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Jan 1, 2020 at 8:46 am
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Just did IAD-IST in 2K and IST-IAD in 2A.

The IAD-IST is a night flight (leaves close to midnight) and all I wanted to do is sleep. With oversold plane, C was full. Unfortunately 2K is too close to the galley, and with dinner service going on for several hours, sleeping proved to be impossible with all the coming and going. The seat itself is narrow, and the need to keep the seat belt on while sleeping necessitate one to be facing to the isle - which again does not bode well for sleeping.

On the IST-IAD, C was half empty, and despite being technically a day flight (despite the several hours delay), many chose to sleep. I did not and it was a comfortable ride.

For next time I would definitely chose a seat to the back of the business cabin to try and increase sleeping probability.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:38 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
So it was a gentle comfort to read that passenger response outside blogger-world has not been so great.
Time for TK to stop reading blogs like OMAAT and start talking to real C-class passengers. If they would ask me I would have told them the B77W/A330 seats are amazing for sleeping and I do not care it is a direct aisle access for all passengers or not. All sort of coffins are narrow and nor comfortable.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

he
Originally Posted by TPJ
Time for TK to stop reading blogs like OMAAT and start talking to real C-class passengers. If they would ask me I would have told them the B77W/A330 seats are amazing for sleeping and I do not care it is a direct aisle access for all passengers or not. All sort of coffins are narrow and nor comfortable.
I had a long chat on the way to Jakarta with a cabin crew member, who turned out to be something of a fellow travel-geek. He had an active dislike of the Dreamliner's business-class and said many crew find it awkward to work in. I'm travelling home from Bali, so maybe find out if further familarity with the product eases my prejudice!

*seems DPS IST had one or two diversions to ISL recently. Can't be helpful for connections

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.