Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Even numbered window seats are close to the windows, "protected" from the aisle. But if you are hoping for more than a generic view of clouds/sky, you'll need to lean forward - or crane backwards. From memory, row six maybe offers the most conveniently located windows for viewing.

Yesterday's Dreamliner was a new aircraft. Yet the inflight screens behaved skittishly, turning themselves back on a couple of minutes after being turned off. Annoying for sleeping: had to turn the brightness down to a minimum.

Still, an improvemt on my last 787 flight, which had my seat stuck in bed-mode and IFE sound kaput.

Only the single forward lav was dedicated to the use of passengers in the (full) business-class cabin. Passengers from economy were queueing for both the lavs at the rear of the cabin.

Crew were mostly newbies to the Dreamliner, and a bit flustered. So much so, I avoided complications such as dine on demand, and accepted dinner at 3am, breakfast at 7pm shortly before landing.

Cabin chief said she disliked the working environment.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Even numbered window seats are close to the windows, "protected" from the aisle. But if you are hoping for more than a generic view of clouds/sky, you'll need to lean forward - or crane backwards. From memory, row six maybe offers the most conveniently located windows for viewing.

Yesterday's Dreamliner was a new aircraft. Yet the inflight screens behaved skittishly, turning themselves back on a couple of minutes after being turned off. Annoying for sleeping: had to turn the brightness down to a minimum.

Still, an improvemt on my last 787 flight, which had my seat stuck in bed-mode and IFE sound kaput.

Only the single forward lav was dedicated to the use of passengers in the (full) business-class cabin. Passengers from economy were queueing for both the lavs at the rear of the cabin.

Crew were mostly newbies to the Dreamliner, and a bit flustered. So much so, I avoided complications such as dine on demand, and accepted dinner at 3am, breakfast at 7pm shortly before landing.

Cabin chief said she disliked the working environment.
Just to clarify, you were onboard one of TC-LLG, LLH or LLI and it was equipped with the old seats?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just to clarify, you were onboard one of TC-LLG, LLH or LLI and it was equipped with the old seats?
it was LLI, so old new, I guess
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
it was LLI, so old new, I guess
Thanks for the data point. It's not really surprising considering how early in the year these were delivered. Let's see what the first A350 looks like.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:09 am

Programs: TK Elite
I'm assuming HND & KIX are not happening in April.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Anyone have any idea of the bassinet dimension in J?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:47 am

Anyone have any thoughts on the bulkhead seats in J? Any extra legroom or wider footwell, or is not worth being closer to the galley?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kpottermn
Anyone have any thoughts on the bulkhead seats in J? Any extra legroom or wider footwell, or is not worth being closer to the galley?
They are great! Footwell is bigger.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:24 pm

I am planning a trip from SFO-IST and surprised to find the current flight has 789, but after March they will switch back to 77W? Why would they do that? Does that mean the 77W will be refurbished?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by freedom2020
I am planning a trip from SFO-IST and surprised to find the current flight has 789, but after March they will switch back to 77W? Why would they do that? Does that mean the 77W will be refurbished?
The TK schedule for March 2021 and onwards remain as a placeholder schedule and would be updated closer to that date according to border rules, restrictions, passenger demand, etc...
Also, there is no sign of 777-300ER's being refurbished at this time.
binman likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:36 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
SFO frequency increase:

Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
I'm looking for flights WAW-DPS in C and 1 of the options is TK. The other option is QR for a similar price, but their schedule includes an 8h layover outbound which I would like to avoid. I have flown QR before and they really earn the price for best airline in C.

Flying TK however secures me another year *A gold which gives me nice advantages on my intra EU travel with LO.

What would you recommend? Is there any diference in cabin layout or in seats on the 787?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:51 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by westi2002
Flying TK however secures me another year *A gold which gives me nice advantages on my intra EU travel with LO.
What would you recommend? Is there any diference in cabin layout or in seats on the 787?
TK, securing another year. All seats are same and cabin layout(1-2-1) is same in every TKs B787.
westi2002 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.